Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Bah, well atleast i still have some time left on my Off-peak allowance my ISP kindly provided me with, Cheers :D

What if said computer has been nuked because of a virus... and nothing is left on it? Can I still somehow do this? I highly doubt it, well I guess I could always register from that computer again and then try what you suggested.

Anyone know a solution to a problem with registering from a downloaded version? I downloaded this game from GamesPlanet and it came with a 25 digit registration code, 5 sets of 5 numbers. However, when I try to register the game, it's looking for 8 digits in the first box, so I cannot register it.Any solutions?Thanks.

I have downloaded the English Language pack, the EE install pack, and the Side Effects pack. Patch 1.3 has already been installed. Language, EE, and Side Effects are all set on Win 95 compatibility, and are all inside the Witcher main folder. The install is fine until the actual installation, and it immediately stops with an error message.CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher\Data\localized.key doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted, contact your software vendor.Abort-Retry-IgnoreI have tried it with firewalls and antivirus disabled, and have reinstalled the game and downloaded all files several times. It never gets beyond this first file.And after this, The Witcher now crashes on start-up. Reinstalling and repatching fixes this.I use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790)

zodaikrr said:
wtf is that????I cannot instal Enhanced Edition without language pack and I cannot instal language pack the without Enhanced Editionhelp plz :(
I have run into the same error even followed the instructions given in the F.A.Q this is becoming quite bothersome I want to play the game and not re-write scripts and key-codes!

Mayella said:
Q: The patch complains that it can't find the needed language packA: The patching process needs at least the TWEE_Upgrade.exe file and a language pack file ( it needs the language pack file for the language in which the game is installed on your system ). If you have the US or UK version you could try to get both language file packs. You can add more languages once the initial patching process is finished correctly. You can then change in-game what language the voices and the subtitles will be.
I downloaded English and US, and no luck. I cant open those files until EE is installed. I cant install EE because it cant find the language pack.EDIT: It appears that I did not have all the downloads in the same folder. Moving them to the same folder solved the problem.

Hi allI've played the witcher before, but wanted to play it again since the EE is out now. My problem now is (as already stated in the FAQ) that i won't get any progress even after more than 6 hours of installing the patch. There is no more activity on my harddisk (no light-flickering, etc.) and there's just nothing happening. I already stopped the installation manually and reinstalled the game three times, but every time the same.Someone got any advice? I'd really appreciate it 'cause i'm pretty hot for the EE ;DI didn't read through all the 54 pages though because i thought the FAQ on startup pretty much sum it all up since it reads "work-in-progress-FAQ" so maybe i missed something in there. In that case i'm sorry for the trouble.GreetingsCorniEDIT: I got the TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality, TWEE_English_launguage_pack and of course the TWEE_Upgrade all in the same folder in case that matters in any way.

Cornerias said:
I didn't read through all the 54 pages though because i thought the FAQ on startup pretty much sum it all up since it reads "work-in-progress-FAQ" so maybe i missed something in there. In that case i'm sorry for the trouble.EDIT: I got the TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality, TWEE_English_launguage_pack and of course the TWEE_Upgrade all in the same folder in case that matters in any way.
did you try the ALTERNATE install?do you have enough space on your drive where the game is installed ( ~4gb )?

Hi,I downloaded the EE patch with the correct language patch about a week ago and encountered the "Catastrophic Failure" error that I've seen in one or two places on the forums. Tonight I have solved the issue on my PC. I'm using vista 32-bit with kaspersky internet security. I solved the issue without disabling kaspersky with the following method:Right clicking on the TWEE_Upgrade.exe and going to the properties dialog. I checked that it was set to "Run As Administrator" in the compatability tab.I also noticed that at the bottom of the general tab there was a button to "unblock" the file which I clicked. The description said that the file had been obtained from another computer and that it may be harmful? After I did the same to the language pack, I reran the patch and it got passed the error. Right now it's trying to modify my game files so we'll see how it goes with that. :)Hope someone finds this useful.Regards,VeEdit: Patch was successful. The EE is an awesome improvement. CDPR Have my undying love and affection.

ChinkooTheThird said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
worked for me too, thanks a lot man, you're just great ;)Anyway, this seems to be a very solid lead to solve the original problem and release an updated/debugger patch installer, surely at CD Project can do that, since if they made such a great game (and they showed a lot of talent), they can sure fix an installer

Hello,I have the regular edition of the Witcher and I'm trying to upgrade it to the Enhanced Edition. I've registered my game sucessfully and without issue, got all my language packs downloaded, but when I go to patch the game to version 1.4, after the .exe confirms my game is registered, it'll go to "modifying game files - this may take up to 2 hours to complete" (or however it was worded), my computer will freeze after several minutes. This leaves me with no choice but to shutdown my computer. After it restarted, the Witcher's launch icon was upgraded to reflect the Enhanced Edition, and the launcher would come up, but the game would crash after launching it.I've attempted patching to 1.4 about three times now, all with the same results--my computer freezes when the .exe is modifying my game files. Is there a possible fix for this, or am I out of luck?Thanks for any assistance.

First, uninstall the game and then reinstall it , because once you've tried to patch it and failed, you've permanently screwed up the game's files.Once you have it reinstalled, run the patcher. But this time, when your system appears to freeze, leave it alone. This is normal. Go away. Take a walk. Get some coffee. Come back in two hours. Most likely, it will have happily finished patching and all will be well.

LicaonKter said:
did you try the ALTERNATE install?do you have enough space on your drive where the game is installed ( ~4gb )?
What's the ALTERNATE install? Haven't heard of that yet...And yeah, i got about 500 gigs of space on my harddisk where i wanted to install the EE.

I have this problem:SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0Tried everything suggested in this thread except to uninstall kapersky. Would appreciate any advice from anyone who solved the problem.

Hi everyoneThe same thing happens to me but I get an error message saying "the witcher is not installed properly - cannot be patched." with the only choice of clicking the ok button. Should I just leave it alone or do i start all over again??- I've already started from the beginning 4 times!!! For now I'm just leaving it alone - not clicking OK. Waiting for a reply!!!Thanks

JNomak said:
JNomak said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
worked for me too, thanks a lot man, you're just great ;)Anyway, this seems to be a very solid lead to solve the original problem and release an updated/debugger patch installer, surely at CD Project can do that, since if they made such a great game (and they showed a lot of talent), they can sure fix an installer
I've tried this, still getting the exact same error.

Top Bottom