Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Cornerias said:
What's the ALTERNATE install? Haven't heard of that yet...And yeah, i got about 500 gigs of space on my harddisk where i wanted to install the EE.
in the OP or FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

sallador said:
sallador said:
Patch 1.4 is running for more that a hour.
Cheers buddy!
It took my computer about an hour. I have a computer with average performance.A friend installed it on a £4,500 high end machine and it only took 25 minutes.So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really depends on your computer's performance.Cheers,Schlumpf

I'm having the same problem as most people on this thread but I dont even get that far, I run the actualization pack click ok on the disclaimers then a pop up box comes up saying "installing redistributables" I heard it can take up to two hours to complete with no progress bar being shown so I left the patcher running and went to work. I returned home 9 hours later and nothing had happened so I cancelled the set up and decided to retry the process on the following day... once again after a long day at work I returned to find it had not patched and was still stuck on the "installing redistributables" section, nothing had crashed and everything else was working fine so im very confused as to whats going on. I have 4gig of DDR2 ram, 3.7gig amd x64 x2 processor running on xp x64. If anyone can help or knows of people who have experienced the same peoblem please please tell me. thanks

[size=10pt]Hello, I have the Witcher game that I bought at a store many months ago. I saw there was an update called Enhanced Edition and spent several hours downloading the new version. After the download I tried to install the new update and I get this error message pop up:>SetupNew\setup.cpp(135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.5730.11I do not know what this means and would like to get it fixed without having to spend hours re downloading the update. My pc is rather new and any required updates have been done to my knowledge. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks![/size]

Everytime I try and install the EE patch I get a catastrophic failure error with the feature identified as NotCensored. This is with a fresh install of The Witcher. I have tried turning antivirus and firewall off and have re-downloaded the patch. Anyone know how I fix this?

I did read the FAQ, and just posting read the FAQ is not helpful. Uninstalling Comodo firewall does work but its a pretty crap fix. I am not impressed that I have to uninstall my firewall to install this game. Can we please have a fix for this or a different workaround?

Install different firewall or change security settings for witcher.exe in Comodo (don't ask me how - I'm using Eset Smart Security).And it's not a problem of firewall itself but of sandbox. Use google for more info about how to setup Comodo Firewall.

I tried the alternativ way, didn't change a thing though. It's starting to geht pretty hopeless here. Damn, i want to play *grumble*.#Anyway, thanks for the help.Greetings

after numerous attempts to install this patch, and sifting through the forums i have decided to ask for help.when installing the patch 1.4 (upgrade) everything goes well until the installation. (US version)---------------------------Feature transfer error---------------------------Feature: CensoredComponent: File: Error: Catastrophic failure :wall:so i figured i needed to patch the censorship for my version.this did me no good. still the same transfer error.Please Help Me! :wave:

HexenmeisterRaven said:
@Fallible Divinity:Have you checked this thread...? http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 There something about this "catastrophic" error.
Despite following the suggestion here, and disabling anti-virus (KAV)i am still having the same problem...i guess it might just be easier to go ouot and purchase the game again.what a shame...3 days of downloading and trying dif things leaves me impatient...i just want to get back to gaming already!

FallibleDivinity said:
ok, it's installed and the main menu is the enhanced edition.however, the game fails to launch.what next? ???
it does not even start? read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( the sound/crash issues )

Top Bottom