First person mode

+

Guest 2364765

Are you using any lighting mods in your screenshots/videos? they look gorgeous and I can't tell if it's just the new perspective or if its modded lighting
I'm not using any lighting mods.
While, yes i tend to swap weathers and environments on the fly, all of them exist within vanila game.

Now that my HTC Vive is finally being shipped, it made me think about walking around in this universe with it. I don't really care about it working with gameplay, just invicible walking around would be awesome. Are you looking forward into VR yourself?

Guest 2364765

Now that my HTC Vive is finally being shipped, it made me think about walking around in this universe with it. I don't really care about it working with gameplay, just invicible walking around would be awesome. Are you looking forward into VR yourself?

HTC Vive is worth over 4 months of my lifetime, given i wouldn't spend a single dime through all of those 4 months.
So yeah, you can say i'm looking into VR - from afar.

HTC Vive is worth over 4 months of my lifetime, given i wouldn't spend a single dime through all of those 4 months.
So yeah, you can say i'm looking into VR - from afar.

I've been saving up since last spring, being unemployed doesn't help with that either. Regardless, I hope someone picks up modding for VR.

Guest 2364765

I've been saving up since last spring, being unemployed doesn't help with that either. Regardless, I hope someone picks up modding for VR.
Red Engine does not even support VR, even if we would rule out it not being first person by default from the equation.
If ever, it's not going to look good and it will not behave well.

Plus, to develop for VR you need both a VR headset and a capable machine.
My machine barely holds 60 FPS @ 1080 using high/ultra settings, doing 2 frames at once would perform even worse.
I doubt that anyone who has enough cash to afford VR headset and a rig beefy enough to even attempt running Witcher in VR PLUS the chance it would be a modder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 2364765

Any news?
No, not really. I've been trying out different solutions for some problems. Some better, some worse - none of them is perfect.
Also i have to put all work on hold till the end of May since i've got some university related stuff to take care of, before i graduate.

No, not really. I've been trying out different solutions for some problems. Some better, some worse - none of them is perfect.
Also i have to put all work on hold till the end of May since i've got some university related stuff to take care of, before i graduate.

Thanks for the response :) Do you plan on finishing and/or releasing the mod afterwards?

The plan is always there, but releasing it in barely working state has very little sense.

I kinda want to get in a first person playthrough before B&W. would you be willing to let me try it? based on the youtube footage you've posted, I want to give it a shot. If you're willing to let me give it a go, please PM me so I get an email.

Guest 2364765

For now i can drop this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking amazing.

A little off-topic - are you planning to update your "face them" mod to work witch 1.21 patch?

Top Bottom