Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
Axeface said:
Hello there,I purchased the enhanced edition a long time ago, and just tried to reinstall because I'm dying to play it again. But, I have a major problem.I emigrated 12000 miles, and I didnt bring my bonus disk for some reason. During install I am deselecting the bonus content, but it is still asking for the CD.Is there anything I can do? I really want to play it again :(Thanks
nope

I would just like to say, i have been through the forums, and faqs, and I've found no reliable answer to the CRC problem. i cannot get in touch with Anyone for support or refund/replacement, I purchased my EE DVD, from Gamezone via amazon... NO-ONE, it seems, is communicating with anyone, is this a mass conspiracy? because it seems a lot of people have been Royally F#@&%d-over :hmmm:

MorpheusPiper said:
I would just like to say, i have been through the forums, and faqs, and I've found no reliable answer to the CRC problem. i cannot get in touch with Anyone for support or refund/replacement, I purchased my EE DVD, from Gamezone via amazon... NO-ONE, it seems, is communicating with anyone, is this a mass conspiracy? because it seems a lot of people have been Royally F#@&%d-over :hmmm:
try to disable/quit/uninstall any CD application ( like Nero/Roxio/Daemon/Alcohol ) also disable and quit any antivir/firewall runningif that does not help either try with another DVD drive, a newer one

I may also add that updating DVD-ROM Drive BIOS may fix the problem, but make sure you know how to do this. Besides its usually a last resort in such cases.

I reinstalled my windows + the game. Now, I dont finding the patches. Sy know where can I download the latest patches + the old/new scenarions?(I have an enchanted hungarian adition)Thx for the help!

KasyaDMHH said:
I reinstalled my windows + the game. Now, I dont finding the patches. Sy know where can I download the latest patches + the old/new scenarions?(I have an enchanted hungarian adition)Thx for the help!
patch 1.5 here: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Gry-Narzedzia_i_dodatki-Patche-The_Witcher_Patch/8902

Hi, I just received this game (ordered from Amazon - a new copy) and after inserting the first disc labeled "game disc" at about 3/4 the way through it asks for the bonus disc. Well after inserting it and waiting several moments I get this error:>Feature: FrenchComponent: voiceFRAFile: D:\ data5.cabError: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)Running this on XP and I've searched around and it seems this is a common problem?Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be most appreciated.

And in case it is not clear I have selected to use "English" as my language at the start of installation.

drXacula said:
And in case it is not clear I have selected to use "English" as my language at the start of installation.
Quite weird because with the EE you don't need any disc to play. Try installing patch 1.5

drXacula said:
Hi, I just received this game (ordered from Amazon - a new copy) and after inserting the first disc labeled "game disc" at about 3/4 the way through it asks for the bonus disc. Well after inserting it and waiting several moments I get this error:>Feature: FrenchComponent: voiceFRAFile: D:\ data5.cabError: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)Running this on XP and I've searched around and it seems this is a common problem?Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be most appreciated.
you now need to delete the game folder and try to reinstallplease disable and quit all background applications like antivir/cd tools/firewalls/etc before starting the installeryou may also try to copy the bonus disk contents to your drive, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to do that

Well I finally got the bonus disc to work. Problem is I'm not too sure if it finished installing. After it "finished" I was shown nothing. I was expecting like a game start screen or something. Since then I have downloaded and installed patch 1.5.However I am still unable to get the game to launch. To make sure it wasn't something wrong with my pc I launched both WoW and BF:BC2 with no problems. Going to restart my computer to see if it works. Any suggestions??

drXacula said:
However I am still unable to get the game to launch. To make sure it wasn't something wrong with my pc I launched both WoW and BF:BC2 with no problems. Going to restart my computer to see if it works. Any suggestions??
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructedread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and remove TAGESdo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

I had purchased The WItcher Enhanced Edition about a year ago in America, it was successfully installed onto my laptop and I have recently moved and updated the computer and built a computer as well. Now I am trying to install the game onto the desktop computer I have build and it keeps giving me this error, please help.Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: DataComponent: Datafile:d:\data3.cabError: Data Error(cyclic redundancy check)Now this computer runs with Windows 7, I have updated the Tages. It has 2gig ram, 2.4ghz duo core Pentium 4, NVidia 250 gx.Can anyone please help me with this please, I am getting very frustrated.I have also tried to reinstall the game onto my laptop which was upgraded to Windows 7 and it gives the same error.

First : I am sorry this is not the best english because i am from germany, but i will try to describe. I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition a few years ago it was 39,99€ that time. I was pretty overwhelmed from this game.After reading an article about The Witcher 2 i was forced by myself to reinstall the game and play it.I put in the Main DVD and at 99% my computer wanted me to put in the Bonus Content Disk. I found it, but it is broken into two parts, so i can not install The Witcher. I know that it is not usual to take care of his disks like i did but this is now a problem for me.I want to install TWEE but without my bonus content disk it is impossible.Is there any way? Thank you very much in advance. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Caldorian said:
Error: Data Error(cyclic redundancy check)I have also tried to reinstall the game onto my laptop which was upgraded to Windows 7 and it gives the same error.
disable and quit any background running programs like antivirus/cd apps and retrytry with another DVD drive on the desktopread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and try to copy the disks with MagicDisc and install from those images

Hello, I am trying to install The witcher Enhanced edition but seem to be coming up with the same issues. Feature transfer errorFeature: datacomponent: datafile: F:\data3.caberror: data error (cyclic redundancy check).Notes: * I had this trouble and then took the game back to be replaced, I now have the same problem with the second disc. I do not believe the disc is faulty as getting two discs with the same issue is unlikely. There are no scratches that I can see on the disc. * The disc has been tried in at least 3 computers now and they all have the same issue so a faulty drive is also unlikely. All of these computers can run other games perfectly fine.

Skoffin said:
* I had this trouble and then took the game back to be replaced, I now have the same problem with the second disc. I do not believe the disc is faulty as getting two discs with the same issue is unlikely. There are no scratches that I can see on the disc. * The disc has been tried in at least 3 computers now and they all have the same issue so a faulty drive is also unlikely. All of these computers can run other games perfectly fine.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and try to copy the disk, MagicDisc and etc

I got the CRC error a number of tries but when i tried to install with custom settings (but without changing any) i got it to work! (Sorry bad english)

TheGameDoktor

BooRanger said:
Solved: Had deleted my public folder which the game needed to install.
BooRanger said:
Yo, I can't install the Witcher Enhanced edition off the dvd. The installer starts and in frist few seconds it brings up this ---------------------------CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS---------------------------Failed(-2147024894): The system cannot find the file specified.---------------------------OK ---------------------------if I press ok I can continue on but when i press install it thinks i have no disk space but I do have 400gb. I also have a silly dell made recovery drive which has 10gb.---------------------------The Witcher Enhanced Edition - InstallShield Wizard---------------------------There is not enough space to install these option(s).Please free up some disk space or modify your selections.---------------------------OK ---------------------------I tryed to run it on my laptop which has xp and it works fine.I've also tryed to install it in safe mode. I run vista on my pc.I have 9800x2Quad core 2.4ghz4gbAny ideas would be great.Boo
I have the same problem. I have 800gb on my com more than enough space for this game and yet nothing. He says he fixed the problem but I don't understand what he means by the folder that got deleted please help me I've wanted to play this game for a long time now.

Top Bottom