Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
I think that when your comp gets straight it`ll install but F8 should let you in safe mode so you can`t get to the setup menu or safe mode . That is not right at all. OK lets make sure you have a clean system to start with go to either of the links provided install update and do a full system scan both are very good and both have a free version. All that`s needed is patience and determination. Do you have a windows startup disk or does your harddrive have a recovery partition http://superantispyware.com/http://www.malwarebytes.org/

TheGameDoktor

Tommy said:
I think that when your comp gets straight it`ll install but F8 should let you in safe mode so you can`t get to the setup menu or safe mode . That is not right at all. OK lets make sure you have a clean system to start with go to either of the links provided install update and do a full system scan both are very good and both have a free version. All that`s needed is patience and determination. Do you have a windows startup disk or does your harddrive have a recovery partition http://superantispyware.com/http://www.malwarebytes.org/
You act like I don't have any virus protection.I already have iolo system shield which scans my computer regularly. My computer is clean.

doctorjackal777 said:
doctorjackal777 said:
You act like I don't have any virus protection.I already have iolo system shield which scans my computer regularly. My computer is clean.
No offense meant I use to use System Mechanic about a year ago and i used it for about 4 years before that and their virus program started to interfere with some of my games so i dropped it

TheGameDoktor

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Tommy said:
No offense meant I use to use System Mechanic about a year ago and i used it for about 4 years before that and their virus program started to interfere with some of my games so i dropped it
nmAbout the startup disk I don't have one because it wasn't originally my computer. I got it off someones lawn, and then had the local computer guys wipe the lot and reinstall XP.In all honesty I don't want to do anything big to the computer. One game is not worth jeopardizing everything else that I have installed.

OK but something isn`t quite right . Just a suggestion but i would take it back to them and tell them that you can`t get in safe mode or setup as you should be able to do both

TheGameDoktor

Tommy said:
OK but something isn`t quite right . Just a suggestion but i would take it back to them and tell them that you can`t get in safe mode or setup as you should be able to do both
Naw they charge to much I'll wait till my cousin comes round, he knows computers he rebuilt mine after all.

doctorjackal777 said:
doctorjackal777 said:
Naw they charge to much I'll wait till my cousin comes round, he knows computers he rebuilt mine after all.
Sounds like a plan . I remember when i used XP i had an identical issue with not being able to enter safe mode and ended up finally fixing it by reinstalling. I hope it doesn`t come to that for you and i hope you have a good New Year

Zakkarum said:
Thanks for your fast replies!

My DVD Drive seems to be OK, I successfully reinstalled the regular edition of The Witcher this morning. I'll try to install the EE on the computer of a friend, to see if he's got the same problems with it.

I had the same problem as Zakkarum. Absolutely new system, fresh Windows 7 install, Blu-Ray drive goes havoc when trying to install Witcher Enhanced Edition.

Solution: Open drive, close drive again. Installation continues. But: it already took longer than a complete Windows 7 install from USB. I sure hope this is no copy protection issue, or I'll be pissed off massively. I haven't started playing yet (still installing while I registered and type this) and I'm already disappointed. I hope this doesn't continue, I also bought TW2 (still sealed, so if this failed I'll bring it right back).

specialsymbol said:
I had the same problem as Zakkarum. Absolutely new system, fresh Windows 7 install, Blu-Ray drive goes havoc when trying to install Witcher Enhanced Edition.

Solution: Open drive, close drive again. Installation continues. But: it already took longer than a complete Windows 7 install from USB. I sure hope this is no copy protection issue, or I'll be pissed off massively. I haven't started playing yet (still installing while I registered and type this) and I'm already disappointed. I hope this doesn't continue, I also bought TW2 (still sealed, so if this failed I'll bring it right back).
You can if you want. Claim a digital backup copy of both games
http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

Hey I bought the Enhanced Edition and I'm trying to install the game on my Windows 8 laptop. I meet all the minimum requirements to run the game, the disk spins for a while then the error message Warning! Minimum system requirements not met! I tried creating a shortcut and adding the -dontForceMinReq to the target and It wouldn't let me apply it to the shortcut. Any Suggestions?

Zerosprodigy said:
Hey I bought the Enhanced Edition and I'm trying to install the game on my Windows 8 laptop. I meet all the minimum requirements to run the game, the disk spins for a while then the error message Warning! Minimum system requirements not met! I tried creating a shortcut and adding the -dontForceMinReq to the target and It wouldn't let me apply it to the shortcut. Any Suggestions?
If the game installed but you are met the system requirement check . Then download and install the 1.5 patch from the link http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/updates/ . After that is complete then follow the link to remove the Tages drivers
http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm . To remove the tages drivers when the Tages page loads click the 5.5 toward the bottom and then choose the appropriate one for your system and follow the prompts to uninstall the tages drivers .

If you wish you can also claim a witcher backup from GOG http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Hi! I bought the witcher enhanced edition dvd and it installed fine and ran well everything was ok, UNTIL I decided to uninstall it due to studying commitments.

My problem is that now, when I went to install it, my computer just runs install wizard and instead installing, it asks whether I want to delete all the data, as if I had never removed the game!

I dont have any witcher files on my computer so I cant lay the game, at least in the usual folders, namely program files x86.

I am running Windows 7 64bit

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful!

clonenumber47 said:
Hi! I bought the witcher enhanced edition dvd and it installed fine and ran well everything was ok, UNTIL I decided to uninstall it due to studying commitments.

My problem is that now, when I went to install it, my computer just runs install wizard and instead installing, it asks whether I want to delete all the data, as if I had never removed the game!

I dont have any witcher files on my computer so I cant lay the game, at least in the usual folders, namely program files x86.

I am running Windows 7 64bit

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful!

Go ahead and select delete all the data files . When finished remove the disc and restart the computer and when booted insert the disc again .
Windows 7 can be kid of finicky when it comes to running games from Program Files . I would install it to X:\GAMES>The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Tommy said:
Go ahead and select delete all the data files . When finished remove the disc and restart the computer and when booted insert the disc again .
Windows 7 can be kid of finicky when it comes to running games from Program Files . I would install it to X:\GAMES>The Witcher Enhanced Edition

I've select deleted all the data files including any mods I had installed like textures and flash's mod, but whenever I run setup from the disc, it still says "do you want to remove selected application and all files?"

I'm guessing that somewhere in my computer there's a file that hasn't been able to be removed by the wizard but I don't know what or where

clonenumber47 said:
I've select deleted all the data files including any mods I had installed like textures and flash's mod, but whenever I run setup from the disc, it still says "do you want to remove selected application and all files?"

I'm guessing that somewhere in my computer there's a file that hasn't been able to be removed by the wizard but I don't know what or where

There could possibly be more than one . Try looking in documents for the witcher . If there are any saves that you are wanting to keep then back them up and delete the folder . The other one could also be wherever you had the game installed to C:\Program Files (X86)\The witcher . If one exists then right click delete the witcher folder . Then try running the disc again .

Tommy said:
There could possibly be more than one . Try looking in documents for the witcher . If there are any saves that you are wanting to keep then back them up and delete the folder . The other one could also be wherever you had the game installed to C:\Program Files (X86)\The witcher . If one exists then right click delete the witcher folder . Then try running the disc again .

I went through and deleted anything with witcher tagged in the name, and also ran disk clean up and registry clean up to remove any redundant registry data etc. but it still gives me the same result asking if i want to delete the game when there is nothing to delete =(

clonenumber47 said:
I went through and deleted anything with witcher tagged in the name, and also ran disk clean up and registry clean up to remove any redundant registry data etc. but it still gives me the same result asking if i want to delete the game when there is nothing to delete =(
You can open regedit and when open select edit and then find and type CD Projekt RED and click enter . Regedit will then find a single listing for that particular name which you can then delete after doing that click edit and then find next and keep doing so until you get to the point that regedit will say something to the effect of windows has finished searching the registry . Then do the same for the Witcher . When finished the try running the DVD . Also it would be best to restart the computer after cleaning the registry and before running the dvd .

Tommy said:
You can open regedit and when open select edit and then find and type CD Projekt RED and click enter . Regedit will then find a single listing for that particular name which you can then delete after doing that click edit and then find next and keep doing so until you get to the point that regedit will say something to the effect of windows has finished searching the registry . Then do the same for the Witcher . When finished the try running the DVD . Also it would be best to restart the computer after cleaning the registry and before running the dvd .

Ok its finally gone, and I've now managed to reinstall it, im downloading the 1.5 patch now and disabling tages from another thread in this forum. Is there any other patches after 1.5 that I should also get?

Also thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it, been wanting to go back and play the witcher before I go buy the second game!

clonenumber47 said:
Ok its finally gone, and I've now managed to reinstall it, im downloading the 1.5 patch now and disabling tages from another thread in this forum. Is there any other patches after 1.5 that I should also get?

Also thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it, been wanting to go back and play the witcher before I go buy the second game!

Nope . 1.5 is the latest patch .

My problem lies when i try to initially install the game. I get through Disc perfectly fine on the enhanced edition then it asks me to insert the bonus DVD which it refuses to read.

Top Bottom