Interlaced Cyberpunk Game.

+
No...no cyberlimbs?!

But, but...CYBERPUNK!

In know right... but honestly, it's becoming common... and if people do get cyber they go light on the options and real skin it, or true skin it... it makes my character drawings decidedly less cyberpunkish...

I have never required the Neuralware Processor for a cyberlimb, just the links and boosts generally listed right after it in the tables. I would use the exception of a cyberlimb with a cyberdeck built in or a smartlinked pop up gun or such.

ditto.... I figure cyberlimbs and what not are directly hooked into the nerves, so they act and feel natural to the user....

I figure cyberlimbs and what not are directly hooked into the nerves, so they act and feel natural to the user....
Initially, I never gave it much thought, but I always created characters with the neuralware processor and chip slot as default, anyways, so it was a moot point for me.

For a cyberlimb to function properly (fine motor control, sense of touch,) it'd have to be patched in well to the user's nervous system. It makes more sense to me if it tied into the network laid out by the neuralware bundle, rather than the doc trying to tie the limb directly into your factory stock nervous system.

In know right... but honestly, it's becoming common... and if people do get cyber they go light on the options and real skin it, or true skin it... it makes my character drawings decidedly less cyberpunkish...

God. I've had a few Solos with minimal detectable cyberware, for tactical reasons, but otherwise...GLORY in the cyber, people! Embrace the style, the freedom of choice in being better-than-human! Play American Cyberpunks, not some undertoned, hidey-hole cyberapologist!

It makes more sense to me if it tied into the network laid out by the neuralware bundle, rather than the doc trying to tie the limb directly into your factory stock nervous system.

I think cyberlimbs do patch right into the existing nervous system - according to the book iirc, the ripperdoc puts a collar/cuff/cap onto the stump/joint, a cap that is wired into the existing nerve bundles. Then the cyberlimb attaches to that stump, patched into the existing nervous system.

What I would rule, I suppose, is if that if you get more than the natural amount of cyberlimbs, the next set is either paired to the existing limbs or has to have a neuralware processor to run the separate set.

Now that I think of it, though, on the other side of the discussion, the cyberlimb could use a similar suite of nanomachines to patch into the user's existing nervous system, in similar fashion to the neuralware bundle.

Still makes more sense to me to have the neuralware bundle as the backbone relay architecture, though, so I think I'll be keeping with that for my games.

/edit

Ninja'd by Sard. Was composing this post, prior to you actually posting.

Ninjas, in a cyberpunk thread.... so cliche...

Tech ninjas!

Un-cliche!

It's mostly a matter of personal aesthetics I think.
The same folks that sport garish tattoos nose and lip rings probably don't bother with "real skin" or "true skin", they want the world to KNOW they're different.
The folks that have a discreet tattoo or maybe (gawd forbid) a piercing someplace intimate probably do because they don't want to advertise.

God. I've had a few Solos with minimal detectable cyberware, for tactical reasons, but otherwise...GLORY in the cyber, people! Embrace the style, the freedom of choice in being better-than-human! Play American Cyberpunks, not some undertoned, hidey-hole cyberapologist!

In RPGs some people play tanks in the flashiest armor they can get, others play rogues and tend toward discreet.

Last edited:
What... how...

HOW in the heck is ^^ that thing a ninja?? That 'borg better have some bleeding edge sound cancellation...

What... how...

HOW in the heck is ^^ that thing a ninja?? That 'borg better have some bleeding edge sound cancellation...

Course.

And @suhiir it's not about being discreet, it's about having cyberware at all. Hidden style isn't style. I'm not talking about being a Full COnversion Borg, just players that don't have a cyberarm! In Cyberpunk 2020?! I have no problem with discreet - but come on! Embrace the game at least a little!

This is pretty much the debate we had. I say that the neuralware processor is what translates the commands from the brain to the ware. So, install one for everything, or one per limb. Without a processor limbs do not have the fine motor control, feel, or operate any implants. My buddy claims that muscles can control the limbs, but there are only so many muscles. Told him if that is the way he wants to run okay. Will just save any character of mine that wants a cyberlimb the money. The only character I have ever had with a cyberarm was my first. He was a netrunner with the deck built in. Perhaps that is where my opinion started.

Most of my characters are subtle so no obvious limbs, or garish ware. Wisdom would hate my most flamboyant character. He was an exotic.

I say that the neuralware processor is what translates the commands from the brain to the ware. So, install one for everything, or one per limb.
After this thread, and re-reading through the main rule book, it seems feasible enough to me that the socket they install to mount the cyberlimb has its own processing bundle / host of nanomachines that wires the bundle to your nervous system. I figure it's included in the cost of the cyberlimb / surgery.

What... how...

In Sards mind, Ninjas wear bright yellow outfits, or sometimes blue, or pink, or orange... also, he thinks pasty white guys named Dudikoff are stealth masters...

So we're agreed, then - Dudikoff/Guille will feature in this shared world we're haphazardly building? Yes? Great.

Top Bottom