Politics in The Witcher series.

+
The part I deemed to be inaccurate is "300 years". In the books there is afaik no indication that Kaedwen ever held that part of Aedirn. And in the games you could say that Henselt (remember he is a jerk) meant that he held Lormark for a few weeks back during the 2nd Nilfgaardian war. I never heard anything of "300 years". Maybe because I never played Roche's path again after I realised how much better Iorweth' is :D

Actually, on Iorveth's path Geralt has a conversation with a dwarf about Lormark, and Geralt tells that Henselt has a right to claim Upper Aedirn because it was Kaedweni territory. Nothing is so simple in TW Saga, and Henselt is not just an aggressor out to annex some new lands. With Upper Aedirn Henselt went to claim what was his by right, and he used every good occasion. By the way, he took over Upper Aedirn BEFORE the proper Nilfgaardian war started, when Emhyr was only punishing Aedirn for an attack on a border fort (orchestrated by the coalition of Northern kings), and when other kings, Foltest included, signed a neutrality agreement with Nilfgaard. In any case, legally, Henselt has more rights to Upper Aedirn than some damn brainless dragon who attacks kings whenever she fancies it. Just having wonderful tits, arse, and sparkling personality is not enough to take over the lands. It will bring even more troubles than before.

According to "Times of Contempt", Lormark was indeed old part of Kaedwen.

Okay, okay: "We have to free them, so that the Lower Marks, the ancient territory of Kaedwen, once under our rule, now
returns to our rule."

But 300 years?

Last edited:
Top Bottom