The Patch Is Out [Now]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouderkirkj;n8178540 said:
Clear skies clearing only one row was ridiculous. It was not fun being destroyed by monster weather spam. They clearly have a lot of work ahead of them regarding weather, but the change back is welcome.
Making First Light an incredibly strong bronze card. So, calling it a good change is a stretch...
Btw, the introduction of the First Light directly affected many cards and mechanics. The devs pretending that this card is fine is a head scratcher to me as well.

I agree on the silver weather cards. They should go back to double weather but even then it's still maybe still too weak. Also I like the change to clear skies but to leave rally on there now is just way too much. No real downside to running 3 in a deck. Take off the rally again and give risk to running them ... Also on the silver weather maybe add a damage dealing aspect to it before it takes cards down to one so that when it is removed if it is removed it still actually did something the bronze clear skies could not take away.

Just spit-balling ....XV

The point is Rethas said before that they're not happy with how weather works, at all. I think they're going to remake it and we'll see something quite different.

It's a process but I feel sure where we will end up is a game that is as well balanced as can be which will ultimately make it more fun and competitive....

​​​​we just don't need to over react in a beta process when changes are made......Let's play, have fun and give constructive feedback...

​​​​​​Just enjoy the ride.

Whooo! Hope this is true so that I feel like playing again for the next few weeks. Makes sense they would let the people trying to qualify for the torny finish on this patch.

IAxiiYourMother;n8179800 said:
Whooo! Hope this is true so that I feel like playing again for the next few weeks. Makes sense they would let the people trying to qualify for the torny finish on this patch.

They might postpone it though...

I think they have nerfed Morkvarg to hard: He can be locked now (great), King Bran doesn't increase his base strength anymore (not sure about that) and he is only 6 strength now (don't like that). I'm not sure if we will see him again soon.

BornBoring;n8179930 said:
I think they have nerfed Morkvarg to hard: He can be locked now (great), King Bran doesn't increase his base strength anymore (not sure about that) and he is only 6 strength now (don't like that). I'm not sure if we will see him again soon.
Yeah, that might be a little too much. But they buffed quite a lot of SK units too so, it's gonna be ok I guess...

Weather is in fact a difficult mechanic to work with. I've always been a die-hard monsters weather fan and its a little hard for me to acknowledged it..

With the introduction of the positioning patch, i feel that all row mechanics will become less and less common and weather was indeed unbalanced. From a logic standpoint, it is weird that weathered affected rows drop to 1. It would have make much more sense that cards would instead lose X points per round - a suggestion i've seen proposed a long time ago here in the foruns.

On the other hand, I'm actually surprised that Lacerate didnt get a nerf too.

CDPR strategy now seems to nerf down weather so they can almost start from zero. Or maybe cutting it all together from the game - something that i wouldnt enjoy as it brings another interesting mechanical layer to the game.

HenryGrosmont;n8179730 said:
Enjoying the ride shouldn't prevent us from voicing our opinions though...

I learned a long time ago ( I will be 50 next month)...Its usually not what you say BUT HOW YOU SAY IT...

Didn't mean to send yet (old guy on keyboard)...But I do agree that we should be able to voice our opinion and I also believe they like hearing it...I was just referencing the way things are said and the "me-me" reference point it is said from...Hey, there are a lot more folks on here playing gwent than just "me" and if one of the latest nerfs hurt my preferred deck then so be it. If it is a push too far the other way we should say something...(and I was not referring to "you" personally in the post :)....it was a general you for all of us..

I do agree that some look only form "my deck" perspective. Luckily, this isn't the case with the majority.

P.S. And I thought I was the oldest on the forum. Felling young again... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom