Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But as soon as everyone leave Novigrad and we arrive in Skellige, it's a disaster. She disappears completely until the end ! And why seriously ? How this can be explain ?

Yennefer, Geralt and Ciri have a wonderful moment together when you visit Avalach laboratory, so why Triss doesn't have a moment with Geralt like this. There are a lot of opportunities without force her to be in the Geralt/Yen/Ciri triangle ! She could go with Geralt and Phillipa to retrieve the sun stone. She could help Geralt to reach the Emperor's boat. But no. Nothing. She stays on this f.... boat and keeps saying "Well ?". Seriously, that's a joke.

Sorry, I knew it when I played, but it still pisses me off. So much.

Yeah. Forget the third act :dry: It's just a mess overall.

The short answer is there is no explanation. Well there is probably an explanation somewhere within CDPR but it is simply inexcusable. That's the worst part. She's there. She is physically there. But she doesn't do anything. :X I've said it before, and try to look at it from the point of view of someone who prefers Yen, if they replaced her with another generic mage would anything really change? For us Triss-faithfuls, we get some small comfort by her mere presence but that's it. As for someone that doesn't really like Triss all that much, nothing would change. The generic mage would have no more dialogue than she does and they wouldn't be comforted by his presence any more than they would be by hers. :X

Like I said, the third act just sucks. It's inexcusable in my book. That's why I try to get everything possible done before that point. So I can fly through the ending and at least get my "happily ever after" slide. :X

Last edited:
I am what some might call a fairly religious man so, please accept this with that in mind...

We are just a month into this marathon...I do Pray that everyone of you in this Triss Army will continue to STAY FIRM and keep this thread going! I've had my moments of despair, especially earlier today but, we have to stay resolute!!! We need to make this a mini-forum family and be our brother's keeper in this.

I wish someone from CDPR would reach out to someone in this thread, make the effort to understand what the real issues are. I know from reading and following this as it has grown and keeping up with it daily, some on here are more than capable of summarizing and expressing out main points. It will just require a RED to make the first move!

And I just want to say, I am in on this for the long haul! If we have to wait three or four or even six months to get an answer...I hope you all don't get tired of my rabble-rousing (or my moments of depression). I think if the REDS don't tell us "NO" outright then we can only assume they mean "maybe"...lets just keep it going and as xE1NSTE1Nx2049 has said many times, "don't worry if a suggestion is difficult or impossible...you keep posting them. It's the REDS job to figure out if it can be done!" We have to keep the thread going with positive energy and constructive ideas.

Keep starving the trolls and embracing the members of Team Yen...we are all in this together! Go Team! :)

Don't worry my friend. Poets are not atheists and not religious but are both in the sametime

Yeah. Forget the third act :dry: It's just a mess overall.

The short answer is there is no explanation. Well there is probably an explanation somewhere within CDPR but it is simply inexcusable. That's the worst part. She's there. She is physically there. But she doesn't do anything. :X I've said it before, and try to look at it from the point of view of someone who prefers Yen, if they replaced her with another generic mage would anything really change? For us Triss-faithfuls, we get some small comfort by her mere presence but that's it. As for someone that doesn't really like Triss all that much, nothing would change. The generic mage would have no more dialogue than she does and they wouldn't be comforted by his presence any more than they would be by hers. :X

Like I said, the third act just sucks. It's inexcusable in my book. That's why I try to get everything possible done before that point. So I can fly through the ending and at least get me "happily ever after" slide. :X

Yeah a generic mage could of replaced her and for those that don't like Triss, it would have made no difference. Triss has like one line to Geralt about swimming with swords on his back, then says something to Fringilla when you find her, then her good luck comment as well as her infamous well? comment. Add to that a couple of quick shots of her standing on the cliff and that is her role in the third act. You are right, there just isn't really any excuse for all that. The third act is begging to be expanded on in a possible enhanced edition but for now that is what we have and that is a poor finale for such a beloved character.

Like I said, there are things that could be fixed and would provide more satisfaction to us, but fixing/adding anything at this point would be great. Sure, the band-aid isn't going to help heal your arm but it might make you feel a little bit better in your head. Especially if it has a cartoon character or something on it. :p

It varies. I did a lot of Skellige and then when Yen gave me the Last Wish quest I went back to Novigrad to do the first quest (Pyres). After that I went straight back to Skellige and finished it up, main quests, side quests, Witcher contracts. Went to Novigrad and did everything possible except for A Matter of Life and Death. Went to Kaer Morhen and got Uma (didn't lift the curse though - I caved & couldn't stand waiting any longer to see Triss). Went back and did Triss's stuff and then continued on. I think it advisable to wait until Brothers in Arms though. That's probably what I will do next time. Bringing Triss to Kaer Morhen is one of the objectives after all. :X The whole ordering of the quests is strange. I wish we didn't have to alter it to fit our personal narrative but c'est la vie.

Déjà vu

Exactly, great motivation. This thread has reached 510 pages and everone here has contributed and has stayed on topic despite all the 5100 posts, this thread has become like you said a marathon with great ideas. I have no idea how big this thread will get, but what matters is to keep it going with positive ideas and suggestions and hopefully members of CDPR see the great suggestions on here whether it is in the near future or even next year, this thread won't be ending any time soon :).

Yes sir! I wonder at what point we need to start thinking, "What IS the max number of pages/posts in one of these forums?" :D

Well, you could probably say I am bias in favour of Triss because, even though I am a book reader, I cannot stand Yen in the books either.
She treats Geralt, at times, like a Walking dildo.
And the chapter where she sleeps with Geralt at night, then wakes up and goes to sleep with Istredd the next morning, culminating in both Geralt and Istredd discovering her duplicity and then challenging each other in a duel to the death because she cannot decide which one she wants to be with and I remember thinking "Guys, shouldn't you be more pissed at Yen?" What kind of woman sleeps with a guy, wakes up the next morning and goes shag someone else, literally a few hours later.

I know Geralt and Yen aren't exactly exclusive most of the time, but she treats him like garbage, threatens him, belittles him and I actually respect Geralt a little less for putting up with her constant crap. Every time Geralt used to mention the smell of lilac and gooseberries I would roll my eyes and sigh.

Now Triss.....my god Triss, in the first game I kinda was irked because she jumped into to Yen's place, and even though I had romanced Triss in Witcher 2 I was still uncertain how I would approach the romance options in Witcher 3, especially when it was announced that Yen would be back.
But by the end the Novigrad missions in W3. I was slap bang in love with that woman, she is so lovely and selfless, not to mention the cutest little thing in a game....ever.
Yen on the other hand, first time she meets you in White Orchard, she is all "Ok good to see you Geralt, but STFU because we have a meeting with someone far more important than you" then she bitches about Triss and Geralt being together, kind of understandable, but having Amnesia is a pretty damned good excuse.

But it was Skellige that was the final nail in the coffin for me, when she reanimates that craven lads corpse to get info on Ciri, he pleads for them to clear his name, to tell his clan he ran from the battle to draw the Wild Hunt away from the village and help Ciri escape.
Yen tells him to just STFU and answer her questions, seeing as he gave up his whole reputation and name to help Ciri, I felt Yen was being harsh to him, and said "You could have been a bit more sympathetic!" Yen then goes mental saying I shouldn't have concern for a corpse and moaning that I hadn't asked how she was after such a powerful spell. So I asked how she was and got yet another sarcastic response that I had to be reminded to ask her.
She then said we need to halt the investigation to report to the Emperor, I said "Plough the Emperor, I am finding Ciri for her sake, not for his!" to which she got assey with me again.
I told her where to go after the Djinn mission. Then at Kaer Morhen she was an absolute.bitch.from.hell............
Went bat shit crazy, teleported me out of the castle when I challenged her assertion I had been "shagging" her best friend behind her back (Hello? Amnesia, and everyone, including Triss, thought you were dead) I just cannot stand her.

Also I dont see how anyone can resist Triss at the docks in Novigrad, that woman is a peach.....such a noble, sweet, selfless woman, who loves and treats Geralt like an equal, and with respect.
Not Yen who belittles him, his profession, their relationship, and relationships in general with her actions.
Infact Yen's one redeeming quality seems to be the way she mothers and genuinely cares for Ciri, but as a wife/GF, she needs to learn how to treat a man, and Geralt needs to grow a pair

I did like how Triss was handled in Novigrad...but it was just so hugely disconnected from everything else.

A lot of us share this opinion. Her Novigrad stuff is great, what we have been given is great. What we weren't given creates this huge hole than is tough to overlook.

Well, it is implied that Geralt and Triss did break up in the time since TW2... or that there wasn't even a real relationship between them in the first place. I agree, though, there should be more interaction between them regardless whether or not you choose to reconnect with Triss or not. Geralt and Yen get the chance to reminis about their past relationship, afterall.

I'm not saying to not have them split up between the games. Geralt does need the space to figure out what Yennefer means to him. I don't know how/where/when exactly it would play out but if you give her the Rose in the second one and you don't plan on pursuing her in third one, there should be something that shows she's visibly upset. She did just lose the guy she loves after all, the guy she was imprisoned for. Maybe have the rose come into play sometime after Now or Never. This would first require her to not disappear from the world completely though. :X Like I said, I don't know how exactly they would do it but there should be an emotional scene that makes the player feel the consequence of their choice.

Sorry if that didn't make a ton of sense. I haven't had a ton of time to ruminate on this subject - a relatively novel idea to me. :X

Yeah a generic mage could of replaced her and for those that don't like Triss, it would have made no difference. Triss has like one line to Geralt about swimming with swords on his back, then says something to Fringilla when you find her, then her good luck comment as well as her infamous well? comment. Add to that a couple of quick shots of her standing on the cliff and that is her role in the third act. You are right, there just isn't really any excuse for all that. The third act is begging to be expanded on in a possible enhanced edition but for now that is what we have and that is a poor finale for such a beloved character.

When i first saw Fringuilla, i didn't even want to talk to her more. What i found funny is that you save her...for nothing

When i first saw Fringuilla, i didn't even want to talk to her more. What i found funny is that you save her...for nothing

Unless i missed something, that quest was really pointless except to add to the story about the lodge of sorceresses, still at least i got another chance to be rude to Emyrs :)

---------- Updated at 12:07 AM ----------

Yes sir! I wonder at what point we need to start thinking, "What IS the max number of pages/posts in one of these forums?" :D

I was going to say 1000 pages would be the max but now it may be as many as you want.... even CDPR can't ignore this thread forever :)

My thoughts are kind of wandering with this one so see if you can stick with me. :X

If players liked Triss in W2 and they change their mind in W3 and decide they want Yen, shouldn't that have some fallout? Like import your save either way and if you gave her the Rose in the second one and then crushed her heart in the third one, shouldn't the player have to sit through a scene where Triss is upset and asks him if everything they went through in the second one was all for naught? It would be a scene that makes the player feel the consequence of their choice. Like how some of us feel bad for rejecting Yen. There should be a fairly heavy scene that tugs at the heart strings.

I'm actually okay with the Rose being withered in the beginning - maybe it needs to be constantly around the love that made it bloom in the first place. The legend is pretty vague after all. What's not okay with me is the fact that nothing really ever comes of it. Showing it to her results in almost nothing. It doesn't come back to life. There isn't a chance to get a new one. There really ins't anything. I like that they did include it though - they got about halfway to something good but simply didn't follow through. It is sadly another missed opportunity. :X

I could not agree with you more on ALL counts! The Triss story AND romance side has moments of pure greatness but there is also a lot of schizophrenia too. Its kinda like they started with one writer then he/she left and another one was assigned to finish. Things got missed and other items never got fully implemented as the first writer intended.

---------- Updated at 07:12 PM ----------

@Bodanki

Wonderful first post! Well said, great new info and welcome!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, realise my post is a bit of a de rail, this isnt a Yen vs Triss thread, feel free to delete it and I will repost it where appopriate.
In short, yes, Triss gets short changed, in Skellige 2, you can speak to EVERYONE, even Avall'ach and Phillipa, but the "well?" responses from Triss drove me crazy!!

There needs to be a Triss DLC. I would give my right arm for it!! please CDPR

So i have almost finished my second playthrough. I went with Triss first time and now Yen this second time. Everytime i see Triss I think, dam she is so much better than Yen lol. Yen is good and very well written but I like Triss's personailty so much more.

I have 222hrs on record in this game already, I absolutely love it. But my 3 main concerns are:

- The lack of Triss content, and NPC's responses to her - After i spent all of Witcher 2 racing to her rescue.

- The super empty lonely feeling at the end of the game when every main character has disappeared randomly

- Noone realises Radovid is dead

Triss content is my number 1 concern though.
We should be able to give the Rose of Rememberance back with it fully bloomed, maybe on the boat at Skellige, this would give her something to talk about instead of "Well?"

Last edited:
Geralt: Hey Triss how are you?
Triss: Well?
Geralt: What do you mean well?
Geralt: Umm.ok, i am about to face Eredin, anything you want to tell me?
Geralt: Are you ok? all you are saying is well?
Geralt: Come on, this isn't funny anymore
Geralt: Are you playing a game?
Geralt: Please say something else... anything
Geralt: I am going back to Yen
Geralt: I was joking.....I love you
Geralt: Forget it, i give up.

I only wrote this because my friend wanted to start playing a game counting all the times Triss says Well? in this game.....in short we gave up after 20, it just got too tiring :)

Unless i missed something, that quest was really pointless except to add to the story about the lodge of sorceresses, still at least i got another chance to be rude to Emyrs :)

---------- Updated at 12:07 AM ----------

I was going to say 1000 pages would be the max but now it may be as many as you want.... even CDPR can't ignore this thread forever :)

And she had no compassion, i was like stfu and get in the boat

---------- Updated at 12:25 AM ----------

Sorry, realise my post is a bit of a de rail, this isnt a Yen vs Triss thread, feel free to delete it and I will repost it where appopriate.
In short, yes, Triss gets short changed, in Skellige 2, you can speak to EVERYONE, even Avall'ach and Phillipa, but the "well?" responses from Triss drove me crazy!!

There needs to be a Triss DLC. I would give my right arm for it!! please CDPR

Where are you from man, your texts are so magics it looks like they came from Harry Potter

---------- Updated at 12:33 AM ----------

Geralt: Hey Triss how are you?
Geralt: What do you mean well?
Geralt: Umm.ok, i am about to face Eredin, anything you want to tell me?
Geralt: Are you ok? all you are saying is well?
Geralt: Come on, this isn't funny anymore
Geralt: Are you playing a game?
Geralt: Please say something else... anything
Geralt: I am going back to Yen
Geralt: I was joking.....I love you
Geralt: Forget it, i give up.

I only wrote this because my friend wanted to start playing a game counting all the times Triss says Well? in this game.....in short we gave up after 20, it just got too tiring :)

In French she says Oui which means Yes

Well, you could probably say I am bias in favour of Triss because, even though I am a book reader, I cannot stand Yen in the books either.
She treats Geralt, at times, like a Walking dildo.
And the chapter where she sleeps with Geralt at night, then wakes up and goes to sleep with Istredd the next morning, culminating in both Geralt and Istredd discovering her duplicity and then challenging each other in a duel to the death because she cannot decide which one she wants to be with and I remember thinking "Guys, shouldn't you be more pissed at Yen?" What kind of woman sleeps with a guy, wakes up the next morning and goes shag someone else, literally a few hours later.

I know Geralt and Yen aren't exactly exclusive most of the time, but she treats him like garbage, threatens him, belittles him and I actually respect Geralt a little less for putting up with her constant crap. Every time Geralt used to mention the smell of lilac and gooseberries I would roll my eyes and sigh.

Now Triss.....my god Triss, in the first game I kinda was irked because she jumped into to Yen's place, and even though I had romanced Triss in Witcher 2 I was still uncertain how I would approach the romance options in Witcher 3, especially when it was announced that Yen would be back.
But by the end the Novigrad missions in W3. I was slap bang in love with that woman, she is so lovely and selfless, not to mention the cutest little thing in a game....ever.
Yen on the other hand, first time she meets you in White Orchard, she is all "Ok good to see you Geralt, but STFU because we have a meeting with someone far more important than you" then she bitches about Triss and Geralt being together, kind of understandable, but having Amnesia is a pretty damned good excuse.

But it was Skellige that was the final nail in the coffin for me, when she reanimates that craven lads corpse to get info on Ciri, he pleads for them to clear his name, to tell his clan he ran from the battle to draw the Wild Hunt away from the village and help Ciri escape.
Yen tells him to just STFU and answer her questions, seeing as he gave up his whole reputation and name to help Ciri, I felt Yen was being harsh to him, and said "You could have been a bit more sympathetic!" Yen then goes mental saying I shouldn't have concern for a corpse and moaning that I hadn't asked how she was after such a powerful spell. So I asked how she was and got yet another sarcastic response that I had to be reminded to ask her.
She then said we need to halt the investigation to report to the Emperor, I said "Plough the Emperor, I am finding Ciri for her sake, not for his!" to which she got assey with me again.
I told her where to go after the Djinn mission. Then at Kaer Morhen she was an absolute.bitch.from.hell............
Went bat shit crazy, teleported me out of the castle when I challenged her assertion I had been "shagging" her best friend behind her back (Hello? Amnesia, and everyone, including Triss, thought you were dead) I just cannot stand her.

Also I dont see how anyone can resist Triss at the docks in Novigrad, that woman is a peach.....such a noble, sweet, selfless woman, who loves and treats Geralt like an equal, and with respect.
Not Yen who belittles him, his profession, their relationship, and relationships in general with her actions.
Infact Yen's one redeeming quality seems to be the way she mothers and genuinely cares for Ciri, but as a wife/GF, she needs to learn how to treat a man, and Geralt needs to grow a pair

My sentiments exactly, as a character she has many flaws, however, she has some good qualities like her love for Ciri. She does not treat Geralt as an equal partner. Not only that she regains her memories and didn't bother to go looking for him, why?

According to her she expected his mutation to heal him faster so she expected him to come looking for her. For her to abandon someone who traded his life to save her and made a wish that also saved her to me was truely fucked up. She didn't seem to care much about the sacrifice he made, it seem like she felt that was expected of him so no cudos deserved.

He lost his memories and she abandon him, Triss took care of him. I felt Yen have no right to be mad at Geralt and Triss for sleeping together. Like you said their first meeting after he searched for her for months he didn't even get a hug, according to Yen he had blood on him. This guy risk it all for her and that was the reaction after seeing him again.

That first encounter killed it for me. Her attitude stink, in game and book. Sry Yen fans but that's my opinion.

Sometimes Triss is too selfless, Geralt going back to Yen was fucked up. But Triss really loves him so she overlook a lot of thing and continue to get hurt. I can't see how people can say that Yen is Geralt true love, I don't see it even with the book. I see it as a combination of circumstances leading them to that point not true love as with Triss.

Exactly, why didn't Triss go with Geralt and Phillipa to get the sunstone, imagine the banter they could of had. I think everyone here could write 10 pages worth of stuff that could of been included in the game but now goes down as missed oppurtunities.

This would have been so much fun! They could write hours of bickering about he Lodge into that scene.

If I was Triss, I would be very offended that CDPR have paid so little attention to me.
I pass the game for the third time only to meet again Triss. Very much I miss her.
Friends, do you think, CDPR will pay attention to us? Complement the game?
I really hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom