Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sentiments exactly, as a character she has many flaws, however, she has some good qualities like her love for Ciri. She does not treat Geralt as an equal partner. Not only that she regains her memories and didn't bother to go looking for him, why?

According to her she expected his mutation to heal him faster so she expected him to come looking for her. For her to abandon someone who traded his life to save her and made a wish that also saved her to me was truely fucked up. She didn't seem to care much about the sacrifice he made, it seem like she felt that was expected of him so no cudos deserved.

He lost his memories and she abandon him, Triss took care of him. I felt Yen have no right to be mad at Geralt and Triss for sleeping together. Like you said their first meeting after he searched for her for months he didn't even get a hug, according to Yen he had blood on him. This guy risk it all for her and that was the reaction after seeing him again.

That first encounter killed it for me. Her attitude stink, in game and book. Sry Yen fans but that's my opinion.

Sometimes Triss is too selfless, Geralt going back to Yen was fucked up. But Triss really loves him so she overlook a lot of thing and continue to get hurt. I can't see how people can say that Yen is Geralt true love, I don't see it even with the book. I see it as a combination of circumstances leading them to that point not true love as with Triss.

I think people would only say Yen is Geralt's true love because that is the only long lasting relationship they saw in the books, if the author of the books dedicated say 4 books to Yen being the love interest of Geralt and 4 books to Triss being the love interest of Geralt, then i think there would be a majority of the belief that Triss was the true love. Luckily we have the games which give people the chance to look at two different relationships - the one of Yen which includes the books and the one of Triss which includes the previous games. I still fail to see how Geralt and Yen can live happily ever after and of course this isn't a Disney story but Geralt and Yen have always been through so much including all the bad stuff that it is easy for a viewer to intepret those events as meaning she is the true love but to Geralt - how much can he take before Yen goes too far.

The game has perfect examples of the comparison between Yen and Triss, like Yen will engage in black magic while Triss won't, Yen will use sarcasm when talking to Geralt while Triss is unlikely to use sarcasm. Yen is more powerful and cares about those dear to her meaning she will go through hell to protect them, while Triss is also like that but cares about all the other mages and has a more sympathetic view of others. Yen is also more likely to throw Geralt through a portal if they have an argument. None of what i just said means Triss is the better option (to me she is) but it is just what the person believes are the better qualities.

Triss has her flaws, she does seem too selfless at times, but ultimately what the events in the game show is that Triss is torn between what she wants and what is the 'right' thing to do, breaking up with Geralt is one of those, she even says to Geralt when they first meet "Six months ago, Triss Merigold parted with someone very dear to her". She wants to be with Geralt, but Geralt knows he has to find Yen to see if he still loves her, instead he gets somehwhat a cold reaction with Yen saying she didn't pursue him because he and Triss made a great couple. Now that is part of her sarcastic personality but all that time you spend away from someone you loved only to keep up your reputation as a cold, strong willed person just seems wrong and there are many examples through the game where Geralt could of said enough is enough especially now that he has seen what it is like to be with someone else that is quite different from Yen. On the other side of the coin, however you could argue that Geralt is use to it and he admires that about Yen because he sees her as something of a challenge, so yeah that is just my opinion as to why he has developed more than feelings for Triss which leads to a bond and love that his past can only influence and make him compare the two special women in his life (apart from Ciri of course) in a relationship.

---------- Updated at 01:04 AM ----------

If I was Triss, I would be very offended that CDPR have paid so little attention to me.
I pass the game for the third time only to meet again Triss. Very much I miss her.
Friends, do you think, CDPR will pay attention to us? Complement the game?
I really hope so.

I agree, it is one thing to say Triss is very important to the story of the game, yet it is another to actually show it. I think CDPR are listening to us as they have stated that changing/adding/fixing some things are manageable, others not so much. I really hope they do add something, it just seems like a complete waste to build up this great character in the previous games and have her so important to the main character, only to run out of ideas on what to do with her especially in the second half of the game.

---------- Updated at 01:08 AM ----------

This would have been so much fun! They could write hours of bickering about he Lodge into that scene.

It would of been one of the highlights of the game, i still remember Phillipa's comment to Triss in W2 "Triss, stop thinking with your ******", Phillipa is a great character especially when she dives into Geralt's personal life :)

Est-ce que je suis le seul a avoir remarqué que quand ils disent More Triss,More Triss. Ca sonne comme une menace?

---------- Updated at 01:30 AM ----------

The game has perfect examples of the comparison between Yen and Triss, like Yen will engage in
Triss has her flaws, she does seem too selfless at times, but ultimately what the events in the game show is that Triss is torn between what she wants and what is the 'right' thing to do, breaking up with Geralt is one of those, she even says to Geralt when they first meet "Six months ago, (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Triss Merigold parted with someone very dear to her"))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))). She wants to be with Geralt, but Geralt knows he has to find Yen to see if he still loves her, instead he gets somehwhat a cold reaction with Yen saying she didn't pursue him because he and Triss made a great couple. Now that is part of her sarcastic personality but all that time you spend away from someone you loved only to keep up your reputation as a cold, strong willed person just seems wrong and there are many examples through the game where Geralt could of said enough is enough especially now that he has seen what it is like to be with someone else that is quite different from Yen. On the other side of the coin, however you could argue that Geralt is use to it and he admires that about Yen because he sees her as something of a challenge, so yeah that is just my opinion as to why he has developed more than feelings for Triss which leads to a bond and love that his past can only influence and make him compare the two special women in his life (apart from Ciri of course) in a relationship.

---------- Updated at 01:04 AM ----------

I agree, it is one thing to say Triss is very important to the story of the game, yet it is another to actually show it. I think CDPR are listening to us as they have stated that changing/adding/fixing some things are manageable, others not so much. I really hope they do add something, it just seems like a complete waste to build up this great character in the previous games and have her so important to the main character, only to run out of ideas on what to do with her especially in the second half of the game.

---------- Updated at 01:08 AM ----------

It would of been one of the highlights of the game, i still remember Phillipa's comment to Triss in W2 "Triss, stop thinking with your ******", Phillipa is a great character especially when she dives into Geralt's personal life :)

Who?

And where she said that?

Who?

And where she said that?

Who ---> Geralt obviously. There is span of about six months between W2 and W3.

Where and when ---> Novigrad, Pyres of Novigrad main quest. Shortly after leaving the King of Beggars little house/hideout thing. Before leaving the Putrid Grove though. You have to walk slowly to hear the whole thing because if you go too fast you get interrupted by that rude Bouncer dude. :X

Who ---> Geralt obviously. There is span of about six months between W2 and W3.

Where and when ---> Novigrad, Pyres of Novigrad main quest. Shortly after leaving the King of Beggars little house/hideout thing. Before leaving the Putrid Grove though. You have to walk slowly to hear the whole thing because if you go too fast you get interrupted by that rude Bouncer dude. :X

Seems like i wanted to much to discover her. Lol

I've heard you can stay with Yenn and still get lighthouse love scene without actually romancing Triss. If this is true there's only one unique scene with her. Fountain kiss. It's seems like perfect set up for a tragic side character. Even if you romance Triss this sad flavour in her dialogs is still here. That jealous look after Ciri arrival, that kiss in forehead after fight with Imlerith, that dialogue about earrings. C'mon CDPR, is it really necessary to torture your fan base like that?

I've heard you can stay with Yenn and still get lighthouse love scene without actually romancing Triss. If this is true there's only one unique scene with her. Fountain kiss. It's seems like perfect set up for a tragic side character. Even if you romance Triss this sad flavour in her dialogs is still here. That jealous look after Ciri arrival, that kiss in forehead after fight with Imlerith, that dialogue about earrings. C'mon CDPR, is it really necessary to torture your fan base like that?

If that's true, you just made it worse for me because that light house and fountain scene were really special. Damm. I hope it's not true.

Didn't take my time

---------- Updated at 02:35 AM ----------

What i disliked is while Priscilla was singing, Geralt was like: Oh Yeah,Oh Yeah

And i was like: shut up and return to your chair

If that's true, you just made it worse for me because that light house and fountain scene were really special. Damm. I hope it's not true.

I'm not 100% sure. Maybe this is just a joke to make people get the threesome scene. I never checked it by myself. It's something about choosing "Let's start all over again" reply and not "I love you" reply. Then you can abuse her love, fuck her and leave in desperate.

Alot of people talk about getting a "Yen asked me here" dialogue from Triss. I didn't get that, where is it? At KM?

It took me nearly an hour to catch up! Good work guys!

Ok, so if I remember correctly it was at Kaer Morhen. Geralt says "It's nice to see you again." and Triss says "You should thank Yen... She invited me here." Which was totally messed up when I asked her there and she was my ONLY LI. When I played again I waited until Brother in Arms and I never got that dialogue so I'm not 100% sure what sparked it but annoying none the less.

It took me nearly an hour to catch up! Good work guys!

Ok, so if I remember correctly it was at Kaer Morhen. Geralt says "It's nice to see you again." and Triss says "You should thank Yen... She invited me here." Which was totally messed up when I asked her there and she was my ONLY LI. When I played again I waited until Brother in Arms and I never got that dialogue so I'm not 100% sure what sparked it but annoying none the less.

Another fail

Ok I have Now or Never left and I don't want the dialog to say Yen invited Triss to Kaer Morhen.

During brothers in arms mission will I get the option to ask Triss to Kaer Morhen and then complete Now or Never if I haven't already completed Now or Never Quest?

I saved it till last so I can confess to Triss before battle at Kaer Morhen. Wasn't easy waiting.

Ok I have Now or Never left and I don't want the dialog to say Yen invited Triss to Kaer Morhen.

During brothers in arms mission will I get the option to ask Triss to Kaer Morhen and then complete Now or Never if I haven't already completed Now or Never Quest?

I saved it till last so I can confess to Triss before battle at Kaer Morhen. Wasn't easy waiting.

While you are doing Brother in Arms you ask Triss for help and she tells you something like "I would love to help but I have to evacuate the mages, if you help it will go alot quicker." So then you can do Now or Never... Although I didn't do A Matter of Life and Death either before Brothers in Arms.

You absolutely can recruit her during the Brothers in Arms quest. After the lighthouse scene, her leaving is her recruitment to Kaer Morhen. As long as you finish it before the Isle of the Mists, it should be no problem. :)

Well, it was that line that led me here so hopefully something will be done I still have hope!

Could you check out what I asked about earlier? If it's not too much trouble that is. :p Does saving Now or Never until Brothers in Arms change the codex/journal entry? I waited a long while but still got the journal saying Yen was the reason she's at Kaer Morhen. :X

You absolutely can recruit her during the Brothers in Arms quest. After the lighthouse scene, her leaving is her recruitment to Kaer Morhen. As long as you finish it before the Isle of the Mists, it should be no problem. :)

Could you check out what I asked about earlier? If it's not too much trouble that is. :p Does saving Now or Never until Brothers in Arms change the codex/journal entry? I waited a long while but still got the journal saying Yen was the reason she's at Kaer Morhen. :X

I will let you know if it does, I hope it does because, that Yen asking her there shit was another slap in the f**king face.

Sorry, I didn't see you ask :) I'll go check now!

The game has perfect examples of the comparison between Yen and Triss, like Yen will engage in black magic while Triss won't, Yen will use sarcasm when talking to Geralt while Triss is unlikely to use sarcasm. Yen is more powerful and cares about those dear to her meaning she will go through hell to protect them, while Triss is also like that but cares about all the other mages and has a more sympathetic view of others. Yen is also more likely to throw Geralt through a portal if they have an argument. None of what i just said means Triss is the better option (to me she is) but it is just what the person believes are the better qualities.

The comparison is there for sure but the fact that they separate the two temporally like they do makes it hard to make the direct comparisons unless you're really looking. Like a lot of us are. :p It kinda burns me up when people flat out say Yen is the superior choice. It's all personal preference.

Yen is too headstrong for me. I don't care for the way Yen treats Geralt and the way Geralt acts around her. Like Eskel says (and I think it's a rather astute observation) "You'd brave a fire for her and she plays you like a fiddle" Keira notices it too.

I wish there was a little more give-and-take on both sides of the fence. Another not very well thought out idea so see if you can follow my train of thought. :X

Most of the other characters don't really like Yennefer and seem to warn Geralt to stay away. As it stands, other than Dijkstra, nobody really even mentions Geralt and Triss's relationship. I wish there were characters that commented on both possible romances, positive and negative. I wish there were some acknowledgment of the potential of Geralt and Yen's relationship. I also wish that some of the other characters would praise Triss and possibly critique the relationship. Philipa does a little bit but it's really about the threesome-dynamic between all of them. Like what you said, Triss is awesome but she does have her flaws. Some more context could give your decision a little bit more weight. I'd still almost surely pick Triss every time but I would definitely think a bit harder about rejecting Yennefer. About the ramifications down the road.

This would require a major restructuring of the game so I am not holding out for anything of the sort. Just sort of thinking out loud here. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom