There Should Be Some Emotion Enticing Scenes.

+

Attachments

• tumblr_m9y8ierp6D1reuhd3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m9y8ierp6D1reuhd3o1_500.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 34

addar

Forum veteran
geralt likes sex and he enjoy it to the point he is smiling , remember philipa & cynthia scene ?? dat smirk of geralt was so hilarious :p

@gregski @sidspyker @ReptilePZ Sorry but I have to disagree, I read the series in Jan-Feb this year so its still fresh in my memory. IMO, although he is not at all a happy and lively character, I remember several occasions in which he smiled sincerely, a few when amused by some joke Dandelion, Zoltan made, he does so as well when he is with the checkboard knight in toussant and when he is with Borch 3 jackdaws, and a few times when with Yennefer, he also smiles(the books says he is happy, I agree he may not be smiling) when he gets a new jacket on the first time we see novigrad in the books also at the end of that story, when they go to the brothel, but I agree he never really laughs out loud , I think CDPR is portraying him perfectly in the games so far, and hope they didn't change their approach for TW3.:cheers:

@gregski @sidspyker @ReptilePZ Sorry but I have to disagree, I read the series in Jan-Feb this year so its still fresh in my memory. IMO, although he is not at all a happy and lively character, I remember several occasions in which he smiled sincerely, a few when amused by some joke Dandelion, Zoltan made, he does so as well when he is with the checkboard knight in toussant and when he is with Borch 3 jackdaws, and a few times when with Yennefer, he also smiles(the books says he is happy, I agree he may not be smiling) when he gets a new jacket on the first time we see novigrad in the books also at the end of that story, when they go to the brothel, but I agree he never really laughs out loud , I think CDPR is portraying him perfectly in the games so far, and hope they didn't change their approach for TW3.:cheers:

So... you don't disagree then. He can be happy without grinning like an idiot. Or angry/sad without crying. He can get emotional but doesn't necessarily show it.

Last edited:
Not exactly, I disagree with the notion that he does not show his emotions at all, with most people he doesn't, but with his close ones he shows them all the time, even if it is in a discreet way

Last edited:
I think the character most similar to Geralt is Angel imo

View attachment 2673

Rarely happy because shit's always hitting the fan not unlike Geralt, he's a passionate lover (besides the whole soul thing) and he has the weight of the world on his shoulders sometimes. There are probably far better characters similar to Geralt but when I picture emotion enticing scenes of Geralt, I think of the emotional scenes in Angel.

I'm a fan of Angel, so I'm not talking about it as being a bad thing for people who think it's shit.

Attachments

• david_boreanaz.jpg
    david_boreanaz.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 35
For me, the best moments in the witcher 2 were when geralt was talking with his friends in the taverns. A lot of RPGs make freindship feel fake and forced. Although geralt doesn't show his emotions a lot. I would like for CD red to focus on geralt's interactions with his true friends and allies. You don't need to make things tragic all the time to make players feel connected to the characters.

Guy showed no emotion on his face when he was reunited with Ciri and Yen at the end of the books. Nor when he thought Ciri was dead. That's all I'm going to say.
He did not show emotions, doesn't mean he doesn't have emotions. Some people conceal their emotions, I think Geralt is one of them. His actions indicate he has emotions.

Guy showed no emotion on his face when he was reunited with Ciri and Yen at the end of the books. Nor when he thought Ciri was dead. That's all I'm going to say.
Spoilers ahead
They were in mid combat and Milva had just died, bot knew there was no time for it, and when he thought she had died he started a fight with Cahir for no reason, plus when he sees Dandelion about to be hanged in Toussant he has a " Why are you doing this to me universe? Haven't I suffered enough?" moment.

But even so, he's still a stone cold motherfucker

He did not show emotions, doesn't mean he doesn't have emotions. Some people conceal their emotions, I think Geralt is one of them. His actions indicate he has emotions.
I have a feeling that Geralt could lighten up to children, as I remember from the first Witcher, he enjoyed being a pseudo-father to Alvin, and he even asked Kalkstein if there was a cure to infertility.

geralt likes sex and he enjoy it to the point he is smiling , remember philipa & cynthia scene ?? dat smirk of geralt was so hilarious :p

I also remember that as an example of a smile. He's the sort who would smirk out of mischief, but never grin. He's cool and phlegmatic, but clearly driven by emotions. He doesn't have to smile for his friends to understand that he's happy.

I have read all the books , Geralt has very strong persona he never expresses his feelings to others, except when he's angry then it's his sword which speaks. And CDPR has just set his character as in the books perfectly well. sorry to say that what you hope will never be true my friend , it's just tears does not suit him , in fact he rarely laughs.

:fury:

Top Bottom