331.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 2015-07-30_00467.jpg
    2015-07-30_00467.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 2015-08-25_00051.jpg
    2015-08-25_00051.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Added a new dialog choice to Triss, Let's play gwent! :p Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, I'm not really sure what the issue is yet tho. It just closes the scene :(, still examining other gwent scenes to see what I did wrong. It might be that the entity itself needs gwent settings defined somewhere (deck\ai strategy etc settings). But I'll get there... some day... maybe...

Attachments

• gwent.jpg
    gwent.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 83
Added a new dialog choice to Triss, Let's play gwent! :p Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, I'm not really sure what the issue is yet tho. It just closes the scene :(, still examining other gwent scenes to see what I did wrong. It might be that the entity itself needs gwent settings defined somewhere (deck\ai strategy etc settings). But I'll get there... some day.... maybe...

All i noticed in the pic is Play me :devil:

Added a new dialog choice to Triss, Let's play gwent! :p Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, I'm not really sure what the issue is yet tho. It just closes the scene :(, still examining other gwent scenes to see what I did wrong. It might be that the entity itself needs gwent settings defined somewhere (deck\ai strategy etc settings). But I'll get there... some day... maybe...

Hey! First of all, nice job adding new choice lines!

As for your issue. The Gwent Minigame is actually initiated outside the scene. Basically, the output from the "Play Gwent" Lines will lead to a seperate script starting the minigame. You also have to define the AI and Deck to be used in that script block. The decks themselves are defined inside scripts.

Not sure if that helps you find a solution, but thought i'd point it out. :)

Hey! First of all, nice job adding new choice lines!

As for your issue. The Gwent Minigame is actually initiated outside the scene. Basically, the output from the "Play Gwent" Lines will lead to a seperate script starting the minigame. You also have to define the AI and Deck to be used in that script block. The decks themselves are defined inside scripts.

Not sure if that helps you find a solution, but thought i'd point it out. :)

I've examined some of the dlc files how they work, noticed some gwent references in the .w2phase files which is probably the separate script you are talking about
CQuestGraphMinigameBlock
minigame = ->
CGwintMinigame
deckName = "Sjusta",
difficulty = "EGDM_Hard",
aggression = "EGAM_Aggressive",

So I started trying to figure out how to load a custom quest\phase file. I hope the game automatically loads any .reddlc files inside the bundles, if not I'll have to figure out where that is being done too...

This would go a lot faster if we had an actual editor, currently adding a simple option like gwent to the scene takes me quite a few lines of code. Maybe I'll end up writing a proper UI around it, but that is a lot of work. I'm still not sure if we will ever get a redkit 2.0 or if the modkit will be able to extract all files (w2scene, w2phase, etc). Would be a lot of wasted effort, so I'll hold off writing an UI\Editor for the time being.

Unfortunately, someone don't want to play Gwent :smiling2:

Added a new dialog choice to Triss, Let's play gwent! :p

Not related to Gwent, but the game can apparently only display 7 dialogue choices at once. On the screenshot below, the "See you" is 8th and not visible, but it can still be selected with the arrow keys (it does not seem to scroll down). Although few people would actually see this "bug", even after the addition of a Gwent choice.

Attachments

• 2015-09-05_00001.jpg
    2015-09-05_00001.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom