Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at what this wee pain in the ass was doing yesterday!

View attachment 7260

She's also becoming a wee bitch. I've been trying to pet her all day, but she keeps whacking my hand away or trying to wrap her jaw around my hand! Any cat experts here that could explain this behavior? She also meows a lot when you talk to her. ???

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 38
Look at what this wee pain in the ass was doing yesterday!

View attachment 7260

She's also becoming a wee bitch. I've been trying to pet her all day, but she keeps whacking my hand away or trying to wrap her jaw around my hand! Any cat experts here that could explain this behavior? She also meows a lot when you talk to her. ???

Can't you see? she wants spiritual relationship sometimes not only physical...

Ciri detects your mood and she shuns your discomfort. Usually, the animals, especially cats, prefer to take the lead in sharing cuddles. Try to be calm and relaxed when you approach her, Ciri shall be the first to require that you pet her. She surely saying to you "c'mon, dude Cheer up for a while!"

Oh!

And she needs you, @AL890

Last edited:
Ciri is just a weird cat. In the morning, she'll lick around you and let you hug her, then in the afternoon she want's nothing to do with you. I wonder if her age has anything to do with it? She's a 1 and a half year old calico after all.....

Holy. Shit.

Ciri is just a weird cat. In the morning, she'll lick around you and let you hug her, then in the afternoon she want's nothing to do with you. I wonder if her age has anything to do with it? She's a 1 and a half year old calico after all.....

Not all cats are very cuddly I guess, I know most cats are independent and don't like being held/petted all the time.
I wouldn't worry about it :p

I know I shouldn't, but she was such a nice wee thing when she was a kitten. She'd lie on you and sleep beside you and all that. I've been wondering lately if I should just ignore her (just feed her) and wait until she comes to me.

Oh and @Brielle: :harhar:

@Unkindled Oh' c'mon The cat of the first video at 1:40' is very VERY smart and showing his good taste for music!
And, OMG, I really act like Bon Jovi if I had an owner like his! Cat Inquisitor!!!
@AL890 Has Ciri been spayed? This nocturnal cattitude could be because her hormones.... Looking for a true fur male!! grrrrrrr!

@AL890 Has Ciri been spayed? This nocturnal cattitude could be because her hormones.... Looking for a true fur male!! grrrrrrr!

Yeah, she was spayed when she was 4 months old. At least I think it was 4 months, I can't remember, but she definitely was spayed.

@AL890 Meowing is just how cats talk to their humans. If she doesn't sound distressed, she's just being talkative. (If she has any Siamese blood, well, talking is what they do.) If she was "I want me a tomcat, NOW," you'd know it.

Play aggression and petting aggression can look the same, but one is "OMG, your hand is such a fine chew toy," and the other is "GTFO, human, you bug me." For play aggression, try substituting a more acceptable toy. Something shiny that can be pounced on and mouthed safely. For petting aggression, try ignoring her: don't substitute another form of attention, just ignore her for a while. She'll get the idea that you don't like being treated that way.

This is why big cats are poor choices for pets. (Yeah, this is southern California, where foolish people still try.) Imagine how you are going to explain to a 200-kilo tiger that he is no longer a lap kitty, and your arm is no longer a chew toy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom