Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have only seen one guy that I would call "hot" for me, and it is because of his charisma/appeal. (The german word is "Ausstrahlung" here, dunno what really fits in english)
Not not cause his appearance/look.

So yeah, I might, but I am quite sure that I do not :p

Ausstrahlung either sounds like it means Australian, or a kind of lung disease, so i don't know if that's the english word for it? :3 hehe

well ok i'll take your word for it since i probably shouldn't spam the hairy bear with pictures of hot guys...

Charisma will do it, I think. Looked it up on pons.de, for I could use that in my English exam next Friday, probably.

Great :D Charisma means a bit different in german, I think.
What's your exam? :)

Ausstrahlung either sounds like it means Australian, or a kind of lung disease, so i don't know if that's the english word for it? :3 hehe

well ok i'll take your word for it since i probably shouldn't spam the hairy bear with pictures of hot guys...

I think that is cause you don't speak german or a related language, right? :p
It is :)

You haven't asked wich guy I mean. That's interesting.

Here's one of the hottest guys I know:

I think that is cause you don't speak german or a related language, right? :p
It is :)

You haven't asked wich guy I mean. That's interesting.

Hehe I actually studied German at school but I was terrible at it... since I spent my lessons teaching myself Japanese instead of listening to the teacher x__x

Well I assumed it wasn't someone famous? Is it someone famous? Can i find them on google images?

Done with College, now we can celebrate...
IT went so great, that i think I could get a 100...or 90+.
One hell of a lucky day.
Drinks on me, again!
Let's celebrate

Now i can just relax for the whole weekend :D, 3 days of Freedom! (This time i'm even free on Sunday...hooray)
Then, of course another week of work...5 days remaining, and i'm done
Totally freedom, can't wait :D

Hehe I actually studied German at school but I was terrible at it... since I spent my lessons teaching myself Japanese instead of listening to the teacher x__x
Studying german is something that not many people do, if they don't really need it or want to trip to germany or something. This language is SO difficult xD And I am a german.

Well I assumed it wasn't someone famous? Is it someone famous? Can i find them on google images?
It is *lol* Named Vin Diesel :p

---------- Updated at 06:01 PM ----------

Drinks on me, again!
Let's celebrate

That's music to my ears!

Studying german is something that not many people do, if they don't really need it or want to trip to germany or something. This language is SO difficult xD And I am a german.

Lol true! I really did have enthusiasm to learn German at first but... the grammar is just so complicated. It's an issue I have with European languages and their gender words. Asian languages (like English) don't have that stuff, which makes it easier for me to understand.

It is *lol* Named Vin Diesel :p

Ohh... haha okay we definitely have different taste when it comes to guys :p

One Tequila Sunrise coming right up deary

Well, it was fitting, and i kind of felt it today. ^^

Thanks. That looks tasty. And it is weekend, so I can drink a lot!

I like that film.

Lol true! I really did have enthusiasm to learn German at first but... the grammar is just so complicated. It's an issue I have with European languages and their gender words. Asian languages (like English) don't have that stuff, which makes it easier for me to understand.

Ohh... haha okay we definitely have different taste when it comes to guys :p

It is really complicated, yes. And mor then genders, the problem is sentence syntax. You don't have one possible syntax, like in english, you can have so many different ones, but also so many ones that are wrong xD

Seems so then :p

Well, let me know when you'd like more, and i'll make sure the cup won't remain empty.

When my cup is empty, you can refill it. Every time. That should be enough :p

Now, tell me a bit about you (if you want of course).
Where do you go exactly? What's your job there?

Now, tell me a bit about you (if you want of course).
Where do you go exactly? What's your job there?

I don't mind talking about myself, especially in a good company.
Working at the airline industry, assembling antennas for several projects...classified unfortunately...most of them, some going for military, some for security etc...
Got decent experience after this. Better than being a waiter of course ^^....pays better, easier job - if not counting the anger, and the fact it is totally unfitting to an inexperienced lad like myself...but every new worker has to start from 0...otherwise, how would you get experience?
We are totally a group of 4 people, including the boss...but every mistake can be fatal.
And the amount of swearing...is quite hilarious...every phone call the boss gets (around every 10-30 minutes), he throws 30 cuss words before answering...oh well, he considers a lot of them being stupid...which is understandable.
Even though it will end in 5 more working days...and then...military service...I'm quite happy it is coming...for the sooner i'll get there, the sooner i'll be out...
My usage of many dots, is my way of pausing.

What about you? would you like to tell about yourself for a bit?

@SerieLis Sound like an interesting job. I have made the experience that small companies are the best for getting experience. You actually matter, your work matters, and you really get to do something. That is quite important. In a big company you can just do nothing and it doesn't matter. If you don't know what to do, yeah, that's okay, there are several others that can do that.
Most people of the world are stupid. So your boss is right, I would say.
So your military service, is this some kind of obligation, so conscription? And how long will it be?
So if I understand it right, you had finished your education or something, had a temporary job and now going to military? What will you do after it?

Ah, I have no problem talking about me. Nothing really intersting though. I have recently got my dream job, I think this is the best. I am a software developer, now game developer for a small startup company. This is the job that I really enjoy. Best I could have imagined. (Except developer for CDPR of course :p )
I am still pretty joung. I had the big advantage to get a duality education here in germany. Don't know if you know this system. I am quite sure this germany is the only country having this. You can study at university - in my case Scientific Programming - and do a job education, both together, in the normal 3 year that would both take alone. So you get double in the same time than one. It is very difficult, very much work. For me, I had university every second week, got homework and things to learn for the other weeks, where I worked 40 hours in my job.
My job was software developer in a IT business application company. Was quite interesting, though not the thing I want to do my whole life. Business is too... business for me xD
The good point is I studied math and informatics, both my favorite subjects in school :p
Other than that, I am pretty ordinary.

@Wolfsblvt Well it is an obligation, not complaining about it. How long though, well there's a reason i said i won't play the game for 4 years...because i'll be serving for 4 years. 50% chance, it will be 2.8 years, depends on their need of people.
You understood it quite correctly i must say. After the service, well have few things in mind, for example finishing the story line....Who knows i might as well hand it over to your company when i'm done, and we'll develop it into a game ^^.
Heh, for someone with mechanical education...i find more love and passion into writing and creating worlds...Zaurac is one of the worlds i created (the location) for i'm creating life and motion in that world, playing "god" as some would say.

I wouldn't call you ordinary, we are all different and have our uniqueness. We all have something special that defines us, not many realize it. We are each an individual, independent...and each one of us, has the ability to change something...sometimes even the simple things can have a great impact to the world.

Being in the game industry is one of my dreams to get into...but it may be found difficult for i create worlds with words and not with codes, graphics or anything...but all of it cannot be created without words written on paper first.

One of the good reasons to learn German is to study the history of science. Much early work, especially in chemistry, biology, and philosophy of science, was done before the ascendancy of English and is most accessible if you can read it in German. This literature also has the most pedantic insistence on exactness in grammar, old-fashioned Rechtschreibung, and constructions that would make you sound 19th-Century if you ever spoke them.

Our music director had to learn a language for his degree, and he chose German. Grimm's Law still boggles his mind.

If your mind is of a systematic sort (in German, even the irregular verbs have regular classes) ,and you are coming from a language that has many falsche Freunde, such as English, German is not that difficult. Though that may also be because I had excellent teachers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom