Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dethfuk"? Amazing name, sir. I just want Dragon and Gregski to type it in a lot. Because it will make me smile when they do.

Well just as were all smiling there shouldn't be any problems. ;)

3. Character creation, character appearance menus and future dlc installments of wardrobe materials.

This game as expected should ship with a character creation section that surpasses the best of them today, (holds up copy of saints row 3)
also this game should have a character appearance menu where you can access your wardrobe and adjust your characters appearance including your hairstyle and make up.

This game should have a vast amount of wardrobe options, hairstyles and make up options. Ongoing content creation in the wardrobe department should continue after release. There should be multiple ingame ways of obtain wardrobe content.

I feel pretty confident that this field will be well covered but it still number 3 on my wish list for the game.

I was with you, right up to this part. It's an RPG, not an FPS or an MMO.Your focusing on combat and combat alone for this element. As you said, COD, Battlefield and Planetside handle the pure combat gaming. That is what they are about. What about the players who are not really into combat that much? Netrunners, Techies, Corporates... It's not team fortress, it's cyberpunk. A competative multiplayer mode would need to let all the roles shine, not just Solo's. Focusing on combat would not do that.

Borderlands does not lose anything for it's lack of 'competative' multiplayer combat. Neither did Diablo III, (it just sucked because Blizzard ballsed up...)

I have no doubt that this is going to be a great RPG. If they can somehow manage to add competitive multiplayer gameplay that captures the fast paced action of todays big titles then this could be the be all end all game for me. I would like to take my combat characters into a game and truly run him through the mill over and over again. So again not only do I want the full on RPG but also the slaughter house gameplay style of dare I say it, the cod series. This will unite many gamers into the Cyberpunk orgies were all drooling for.

I have no doubt that this is going to be a great RPG. If they can somehow manage to add competitive multiplayer gameplay that captures the fast paced action of todays big titles then this could be the be all end all game for me. I would like to take my combat characters into a game and truly run him through the mill over and over again. So again not only do I want the full on RPG but also the slaughter house gameplay style of dare I say it, the cod series. This will unite many gamers into the Cyberpunk orgies were all drooling for.

"Going through the grinder, over and over." - That is a problem.

Combat characters, (IE: Solo's,) will rule here. Every other character will be at a huge disadvantage.

If you look at the rest of the forum, we have pretty much unanimously agreed that any form of 'instant healing' or 'health regeneration' is not in the cyberpunk ethos. We have stated that we want the same knife edge combat system that the PnP game used. We want healing to take days, not seconds.

There is NO RESPAWN mechanic. No magic spells, no resurrections, no clones, no potions, no supernatural stuff. When your character dies, then its time to roll a new one or load a saved game.

All that being said, how would you make any of that work for mass multiplayer combat?

I understand where your coming from, and I can see why you want it. But I am trying to tell you that to make this idea work, CDPR would need to break the rest of the game. That does not sit well with me and I bet the same can be said for many others on this forum.

The 3 topics I touched upon are not outside the proposed scope of the game.

Both 1st and 3rd person views controlled with a toggle at anytime during gameplay, a multiplayer game mode that allows players to acquire and sustain that combat fix we've all gotten use too from titles such as Black ops or Battlefield and a extensive character creation and appearance and fashion menus with ongoing future content provided in dlc.

This is my input on what the gameing world would eat up in a Cyberpunk title. I have faith that this will be a great game but I do fear that they may fall into the same dead end that Dues ex fell into with the lack of multiplayer. I know Adam Badowski said Cyberpunk 2077 "will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features." So Im hoping the multiplayer features that Adam mentions will satisfy my combat fix.

...a multiplayer game mode that allows players to acquire and sustain that combat fix we've all gotten use too from titles such as Black ops or Battlefield and a extensive character creation and appearance and fashion menus with ongoing future content provided in dlc.

This is my input on what the gameing world would eat up in a Cyberpunk title. I have faith that this will be a great game but I do fear that they may fall into the same dead end that Dues ex fell into with the lack of multiplayer. I know Adam Badowski said Cyberpunk 2077 "will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features." So Im hoping the multiplayer features that Adam mentions will satisfy my combat fix.

As I said. I get that. But how do you suggest that this could work without a resurrection mechanic or any form of instant healing or health regen?

As I said. I get that. But how do you suggest that this could work without a resurrection mechanic or any form of instant healing or health regen?

They would have to differentiate between the two game modes, single player and multiplayer allowing in multiplayer mode a respawn mechanic exactly like gamers are use too in every other title that offers players a multiplayer game mode where players from around the world can go against eachother in a fast paced competitive online multiplayer game, a concept that has been the backbone of many successful games in the past decade. Believe me, although you may have trouble with this concept, the game desiners for this game, cyberpunk 2077, (which I hope read this) are quite familiar with this form of entertainment. Dont get too upset though as primarily this game should be a straight up RPG, with multiplayer functions. ;)

The 3 topics I touched upon are not outside the proposed scope of the game.

Both 1st and 3rd person views controlled with a toggle at anytime during gameplay, a multiplayer game mode that allows players to acquire and sustain that combat fix we've all gotten use too from titles such as Black ops or Battlefield and a extensive character creation and appearance and fashion menus with ongoing future content provided in dlc.

You've never played the pen and paper game this is based off of have you?

It is very much NOT a battlefield or call of duty pvp endless respawn bullshit game. It's not a pvp game at all really.

The multiplayer aspects will likely be centered around CO-OP, and popular opinion is that pvp would be a complete waste of resources.

Ive played Rifts the pen and paper game so I have experience at the table with a group of gamers.

Cyberpunk 2077, a single player RPG and a multiplayer deathmatch game, thats what I think will be the go on this one. We still have yet to know about the details of the multiplayer functions but knowing the market, I think it would be wise to put the death matches in. It would be a great way to get that overdose of the combat mechanics, something that gamers love these days.

So I'm in for the sp rpg, and the multi player pvp.

Actually I have a Cyberpunk book here now, Hardwired the sourcebook, love the artwork.

Ive played Rifts the pen and paper game so I have experience at the table with a group of gamers.

Cyberpunk 2077, a single player RPG and a multiplayer deathmatch game, thats what I think will be the go on this one. We still have yet to know about the details of the multiplayer functions but knowing the market, I think it would be wise to put the death matches in. It would be a great way to get that overdose of the combat mechanics, something that gamers love these days.

So I'm in for the sp rpg, and the multi player pvp.

Rifts and Cyberpunk 2020... the only thing they really have in common is that they both use dice, and their manuals are both printed on paper.

There is PVP in everything these days, and I respect your opinion and desire for it, but I really hope they don't waste resources on this, as it neither fits the game, nor does it fit what would be the optimal use of the games mechanics.

...a single player RPG and a multiplayer deathmatch game...

There is the problem. That isn't one game with two modes. Thats two games.

It sounds like you would be better off asking for a spin-off, using the '77 setting but rather than the RPG game, using 'faceless' soldiers on one of the wasteland battlefields that governments and megacorps fight over.

Seriously Wisdom and Chris, is it necessary to pick on someone's ideas for a dream RPG? Let them say what they want to say, the final decision is always with CDP so don't worry too much. I know you guys love the game, I get it, but you don't have to shoot down anyone who says something which disagrees with your POV.

Seriously Wisdom and Chris, is it necessary to pick on someone's ideas for a dream RPG? Let them say what they want to say, the final decision is always with CDP so don't worry too much. I know you guys love the game, I get it, but you don't have to shoot down anyone who says something which disagrees with your POV.

I was't picking on him, or his ideas. I was explaining why they aren't a good fit for this game.

And yeah, I do kinda feel impelled to do so... In the same vein where if some new guy went to the Witcher forums and suggested they start adding aliens, and laser blasters kung fu teddy bears to the game, I am pretty sure there would be plenty of fans of the game who would step up and tell that person that stuff really doesn't fit in with the game, that that kind of goofyness isn't what the game is about.

We know the dev's watch the boards, we know they take our suggestions to heart. I have seen what happens when the fans with the ideas that don't fit a games setting are the loudest voices. That's how we ended up with Saints Row 3 and 4.

I am not telling him his ideas are wrong, or bad, I am telling him they don't fit this particular game.

I was't picking on him, or his ideas. I was explaining why they aren't a good fit for this game.

And yeah, I do kinda feel impelled to do so... In the same vein where if some new guy went to the Witcher forums and suggested they start adding aliens, and laser blasters kung fu teddy bears to the game, I am pretty sure there would be plenty of fans of the game who would step up and tell that person that stuff really doesn't fit in with the game, that that kind of goofyness isn't what the game is about.

We know the dev's watch the boards, we know they take our suggestions to heart. I have seen what happens when the fans with the ideas that don't fit a games setting are the loudest voices. That's how we ended up with Saints Row 3 and 4.

I am not telling him his ideas are wrong, or bad, I am telling him they don't fit this particular game.

Exactly. I even suggested an alternative, a mass combat game based on the war's being fought around the wastelands of the world. That covers his 'High Speed Combat ' needs and its still in the Cyberpunk setting.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, but I think it's possible to trust the devs with deciding what might or not work for the game. Though I agree with bits of what you and Chris were saying =)

And sorry if I came off as picking on you two, I just felt bad because he was a new user and didn't want him to feel unwelcome.

you guys are in for a shocker when they announce a sp rpg with a mp pvp system. Really now how could that be bad? yous need to understand whats feasible in the devs shoes.

Oh, some of us are -hoping- for MP PvP. At least iin the "friendly fire on" option in the Co-Op mode they haven't decided on yet.

Because, um, er...reasons. Having to do with flamers, pancreases and furries.

Oh, some of us are -hoping- for MP PvP. At least iin the "friendly fire on" option in the Co-Op mode they haven't decided on yet.

Because, um, er...reasons. Having to do with flamers, pancreases and furries.

I hope if there is a Co-Op option (please, please, please,) that there is NO Friendly Fire Off. Friendly Fire should always be in. Oh, and friendly NPC's should understand that if I survive them shooting me in the back, they won't.

What I would like in "friendly-fire" co-op is this: the ability to sabotage, ruin, or just royally fuck up the other players. And this doesn't have to involve explicit combat either...

So how cool would it be If Tarantino was asked to do a mission/story for the game? (And of course be a character that dies like in his movies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom