Recent content by AsTheDeath

+
  1. A

Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

Not sure if this is the right place for this, and I imagine I can't be one of many - but I have an old PC (i5 750!), with a nice HDR-capable monitor, and I'd love to play in HDR. But as far as I understand HDR only works on the DirectX 12 version of the game, which doesn't support my CPU...
  2. A

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gets a FREE next-gen update on December 14th!

Don't know if it'll make a difference, especially this close to the release, but... I would just like to add my voice to those hoping for HDR support on PC! I got my current (HDR-capable) monitor specifically for this game, would be great to get to use it to its full potential. In any case...
  3. A

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

Well! Those are some pretty steep GPU requirements, though not entirely unexpectedly so, and the CPU requirements seem a bit odd - pretty sure the Phenom II X4 940 isn't equivalent to the i5 2500K, and if an i7 3770K is 'recommended' then I'll be very curious to see what all this CPU horsepower...
  4. A

Chris Priestly got hired by CDPR, when did that happen?

Shame you had to be introduced in such a way, Mr Evil Chris, but I remember you from the BSN doing a stellar (and of course very evil) job at community management so I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the CDPR team. Having said that, this thread seems to have become about bronies (?) rather...
  5. A

Anisotropic filtering

No, it is one of the few but most glaring missing graphical features in that game. You can (and IMO should) force it through your driver software though: AMD: Catalyst Control Centre (or Radeonpro) > 3D Application Settings > Add... (Add witcher2.exe and change anisotropic filtering mode and...
  6. A

Reviewing the full 35 minute Gamescom 2014 demo

Alright, if I'm going to be a smartass about this I won't half-ass it. Turns out, google translate has a pretty accurate prononciation of the name as it would be pronounced in modern Dutch. Of course, there are plenty of present-day Americans with Dutch names who (naturally) use the English...
  7. A

Kinley's Post-Gamescom Giveaway

Cheers Kinley for all the time and effort you put in for this little community - feels as if we should be sending you something, not the other way around ;) Though I am curious - how'd you get stroopwafels (and know the word!) in Cologne, which is in Germany? Have they been stealing our secret...
  8. A

Reviewing the full 35 minute Gamescom 2014 demo

Well, I don't want to ruin your enlightenment... but actually Geralt mispronounces Dijkstra. I know, whether you consider the Witcher's World to be Polish or English, it would probably not be pronounced correctly in the universe anyway, but the 'ij' diphthong only occurs in Dutch as far as I...
  9. A

Why Quebirth ingredients are missing, when i select falka blood potion formula?

That's correct. If you look at the screen where you're trying to make Falka's Blood, it shows the mandrake root in the top right circle. So you still have it, and you can still make Falka's Blood, and doing so will use your mandrake root as normal. The UI is not particularly helpful at times :)
  10. A

Will Witcher 3 be DRM-free on Steam?

I imagine achievements etc. wouldn't work if Steam is not running, hence why the Steam version of TW2 is not 'DRM-free'.
  11. A

So after E3... is The Witcher 3 really a PC game ?

The main reason why I would support limiting the inventory to a couple of swords max is not realism (which is a grossly overused term that has no place in something as obviously unrealistic as video games - try 'immersion' if you feel that concerned with 'realism') or lore. It's simply that the...
  12. A

So after E3... is The Witcher 3 really a PC game ?

Games are rarely ever demoed with M&K, especially at E3. Hence the UI was for gamepads, not for M&K. CDPR have already said that there will be separate UIs for M&K and gamepads. Additionally, UI is very easy to refine and change and hence one of the last things to be finalised in any game. The...
  13. A

Witcher 3 Video Download Center

Thanks for the magically procured footage Kinley! Watching the combat with the Drowners in slow-motion has made me more optimistic about the combat again... after some polishing of course.
  14. A

Yennefer black hair

Thanks to Marcin Momot for clearing up the misunderstanding :) If it's just the specific lighting in that scene that makes her hair look brown, I'm not too worried.
  15. A

Yennefer black hair

I have (finally) come to accept that CDPR write their own games - which is why they're so good, but also why they don't follow the Sapkowski canon in many respects (Triss for example doesn't have red hair, and a scar on her chest that they chose to forgo in the games). Having said that, I'm...
Top Bottom