Recent content by Blothulfur

+
  1. B

Pillars of Eternity

Youtube of the above stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roK1wzOLT-k
  2. B

What I Would Like To See From CDPR

Seconded, Severance became far more interesting because of its Zoroastrian background and near eastern setting, though they changed the names a little bit to obscure. Artwork, philosophy, culture, fashion, intrigue, the setting just cries out for use, but instead we get yet another dull as...
  3. B

Pillars of Eternity

Hot Dracoid action: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70786-new-screenshots-lets-look-at-some-dragons/
  4. B

Great Action-packed games

Poison swords an all, probably most dangerous enemy at low levels, real good challenge.
  5. B

Great Action-packed games

Great action packed games? Let's see just off top of me head.: Severance: Blade of Darkness. Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. Torchlight 1 & 2. Original Soldier of Fortune. Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle 1, 2 & 3. Rune. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War series. They're strategy games, but one that demands...
  6. B

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

Nice demonstration of real diversity, as opposed to the demographics we see in games journalism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzbZm_IP3Y
  7. B

The Bard's Tale IV

The original Bard's Tales were bloody ard as I remember, played first two but mainly remember second, first were set in Skara Brae (much discussion whether it was same city as in Ultima.) Second was set in cities named after Greek locations, in a big gameworld, Ephesus, Thessaloniki etcetera...
  8. B

Movies / TV Shows!

Aye for all me complaints it is cracking good stuff and it does capture the right spirit, in that way it's kind of like the first Conan film with Arnie. It's not Howard's exact vision and Arnie isn't his Celtic superman, but the spirit of the film is bang on. Mad Man Milius' finest hour.
  9. B

The Players Responsibility?

If you mods want to close the thread i'm fine with it, i'm not going to respond to all the insults and accussations Jupiter on Mars has been throwing at me and it was my fault for trying to hold a mature conversation anyway. Whatever you decide's fine by me.
  10. B

Movies / TV Shows!

To be honest i'm not that big a fan of GoT, books or telly, just doesn't blow my skirt up. Preferred the first season of Rome when it comes to HBO drama. Vikings i've watched bits of, but not settled down to do a full runthrough, I wished they'd stop dressing the warriors in biker leathers...
  11. B

Highlighting Anything Interactive

Yeah Crash, sorry.
  12. B

Highlighting Anything Interactive

Fairly simple isn't it? Game that did both isometric and first person styles well was the first Witcher game, (nice to allow both of these artistic styles as a choice to the consumer, rather than insisting one is superior for no reason) and it had a simple system. You get close to something...
  13. B

Homeworld

Oh fucking fuckity fuck.
  14. B

Pillars of Eternity

Yeah InExile used Obsidian's speech thingy, that they've used in New Vegas, South Park, Dungeon Siege and whatnot. Think this is really a good method of going forward, devs teaming up and sharing assets, as the industry has fairly much always suffered from not building on prior successes, which...
  15. B

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Yeah brings back memories reading about old slippery Jim, though personally I feel that he would fit much better in Cyberpunk. Though I suppose the ninth world has gone through so many ages that nothing is out of bounds.
Top Bottom