Search results

+
  1. M

nudity question on this game

.... Except for the cutscene if you manage to make it with Vesna - well, not strictly a sex scene from a visual point of view, but you don't need to use much imagination....!
  2. M

You know you play "The Witcher" too much when....

Okay, here's some of mine - you know you play too much Witcher when....1 - You walk down the street plying random old ladies with alcohol in the hope they'll tell you something interesting.2 - You flash your signet ring at figures of authority, hoping it'll get you into places you're not...
  3. M

Act 2 Various Quest QUestions

I'd like to think Granny died of jealousy, 'cause everyone else was 'getting it' and she wasn't ;^D
  4. M

Death Dust: Who wants it? Raise your hand...

I sdon't know about blocking/dodging, but Endurance is mainly used up in huuuuge chunks whenever you cast a Sign, like Aard or Igni, by pressing and holding the RMB.
  5. M

[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

Absolutely! When I saw that my first thought was "Ye Gods, woman! There are CHILDREN in that cave with you! You've probably just smashed their innocence into a thousand tiny pieces!" No wonder Alvin goes weird!
  6. M

[ACT I] Few Questions Related To The Story

That's exactly what I thought too! At no point does Geralt mention her name, or give any clues as to the identity of the corpse in his conversation with Mikul; he simply states that he found a girl's body. And Mikul immediately goes "Aaagh, my Ilsa, it's that witch's fault!" (or words to that...
  7. M

Re-censor Witcher

Oh I agree - if the OP wants to get rid of the nudity it's entirely their choice. In fact, if they'd simply said "I'd just rather play the game without having to see t&a from the girls all the time" I probably wouldn't even batted an eyelid at this thread. My point simply was that implying...
  8. M

Re-censor Witcher

....But hacking monsters and people to pieces for money IS "socially accepted behaviour"??? Sorry to labour the point but... well, I'm struggling to understand the logic there....!
  9. M

I like picking herbs

I too like picking herbs - all herbs. I also like ransacking closets, barrels and containers for every item of booze, trinket, food and all that I can find. I also like hacking up monster corpses and pocketing their bits as well. As a result my inventory is almost always full. Which means that...
  10. M

Geralt's voice is bass biased

Aaawww, you guys with your gadgets - you buy a fancy uber-woofer-thingy... and then complain when it works *too* well...! ;^)I think Geralt sounds exactly how a scarred, genetically-messed-up, highly-sexed, loner assassin SHOULD sound. I mean, how could he pull off that kind of personality if he...
  11. M

How do you actually win at dice poker?

Yep, I concur with everyone else here - pairs and threes is the way to go. If you've got a pair or a three, keep them and only throw whatever's left on your second go. You'll win about 80% of the time that way. Those odds drop a bit once you get to Act III, but that's to be expected - after all...
  12. M

A Few Simple Gameplay questions

It all depends how you make your potions as to what's most effective... If you make a potion with a Rubedo base (i.e. all the ingredients you use contain Rubedo as well as the required reagents) then you'll get a mild Swallow effect all the time that potion is active. Anything with an Albedo...
  13. M

Starting fights with my **** in my hand

Don't know if this helps, but I found taking the Blizzard Potion (I think it's the Blizzard one - the one that slows everything down and makes it go all matrix-bullet-time-like?) just before I opened the door and went in made all the difference.
  14. M

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

'User mistake'...... ummmmm, yes, that about covers it..... *hides face in hands*When my next 3 talent points became available I scrutinised my Hero Screen most deeply - deeper than I have done thus far - and discovered something. That just because I had the Alchemy skill (which was given as...
  15. M

Well, at the moment I can't seem to get level 2 in either Intelligence or Dexterity - everything above level 1 is permanently greyed out and I have no green dots in either Intelligence or Dexterity. However, I seem to have no trouble at all in taking level 2 talents in strength and stamina, or...
  16. M

Geralt's Darkest Secret?

We-ell..... much as I'd love my husband to share Geralt's manly physique, I think if I tried to persuade him to acquire cataracts and facial scars while stressing him out enough to make his hair turn white my mother-in-law might have something to say about it ;D
  17. M

Ever lost a drinking game?

Oh yeah, big stylee!My Geralt got hammered at Shani's party, and when he woke up on the street two assassins promptly jumped him and killed him. After the same thing happened three times in a (reload) row I cut my losses and loaded up an earlier savegame. Not exactly Geralt's finest hour :-[
  18. M

Okay, I've just hit Act II and I STILL can't gather herbs. At all. I've bought every plant book I can find, so it's not due to lack of knowledge about the plants. However, what I have noticed is that whenever I get new Talent Points to distribute I can't put them into the Herbalism talent...
  19. M

[GENERAL] Things you wish you knew before you started

That having the Drowner Repellant talisman is actually MORE of a pain in the you-know-what than not having it, since you can't harvest any herbs while they're in the vicinity but when you try to get rid of them they run off.... until you give up chasing them and go back to harvesting herbs...
  20. M

[ACT III] Who can I play poker with

Isn't that Munro Buoys (?) dwarf guy in The Hairy Bear a poker player too? Not sure if he's a novice or a pro though....
Top Bottom