Character Romance Discussion

+
If there's romance, the only thing that I ask is that we can play as a female protagonist and can date a badass woman.
I'm tired of Bioware always putting the weird characters for the gay relationships: Leliana, Sera, Peebee, etc. The hot non-nonsense girl is always straight: Morrigan, Cassandra, Ashley, Miranda, Cora.

Last edited:
I posted some on this thread awhile back, but I have time to ponder the question and have a bit of a different insight on it now that I have thought about it for awhile. Romance, or so it would seem, would more than likely be of a tragic (or an eventually tragic) variety. By the very nature of the genre' and the attitudes that created the dystopian world our heroes live in, maintaining a long term relationship would be very difficult and HIGHLY uncommon. More than likely, most folks, with the possible exception of Nomads and maybe Corps, would have trouble maintaining anything substantial or long term relationship wise and would, at best have a string of tragic, short term relationships, volatile long term ones or a series of "one night stands". The atmosphere and attitude of the genre' lends itself to almost "Here today, gone tomorrow." feel... something that would make having/maintaining a successful relationship all the more rare and admirable when it does occur.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9303471 said:
This would be my romance song in CP2077:

Classic, great song B.T.W. Loved me some Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons. Vocal harmonies so insane that they melt your brain. The Jersey Boys ruled!

Azriel7;n9510701 said:
Vampire The Masquerade was really good. Putting your points in appearance and charisma affected how people reacted to you and you got seduction dialog options. In Cyberpunk we have These skills

Attractiveness Skills

Personal Grooming: This is the skill of knowing proper grooming, hair styling, etc., to maximize your physical attractiveness. Use of this skill allows players to increase their Attractiveness, and thus their chances of successful Relationships or Persuasions. A basically good looking person would be at +2. A fashion model might have a Personal Grooming of +5 or +6. At +8 or better, you could be a major fashion model, film star, or trendsetter. You are always "together". And you know it. Entrance: This is the ability to captivate an audience with ones appearance, through dance, seduction, or simple allure; this is the characters sensual quality, a sort of specialized ability to combine Personal Grooming,

Wardrobe & Style, Perfom, and Charismatic Leadership into a single mesmerizing skill. Wardrobe & Style: The skill of knowing the right clothes to wear, when to wear them, and how to look cool even in a spacesuit. With a Wardrobe of +2 or better, you are good at choosing clothes off the rack. At +6, your friends ask you for wardrobe tips, and you never buy anything off the rack. At +8 or better, you are one of those rare people whose personal style influences major fashion trends.

Seduction: The skill of forming and maintaining romantic relationships (this includes your abilities as a lover). This skill may be used to determine whether or not players can form relationships with other non-player characters and the intensity of these relationships. In certain cases, Referees may want to average this skill with a player's Attractiveness to get a more realistic outcome.

Mr.Studd(or midnight lady) Sexual Implant(MA) All night, every night and she'll never know. +10 to Seduction checks

With this and lifepaths, the games seems to expect you to have romantic/sexual relationships with people. I really hope we can have some relationships in the game, from one night stands to long term relationships. I also hope seduction is in the game and is more than simply convincing someone to open or door or give you some dirt on someone. Rockerboys have groupies, Corp types are not above sleeping their way to the top and have trophy spouses, an investigator might find warmth in the arms of a prostitute, a cop might go home to his family, a netrunner might have a virtual A.I. girlfriend/harem (possibly android), etc. I always find it weird in games where you go around doing all these jobs and lots of killing, but they never have any relationships and have some weird celibate lifestyle. Relationships add a lot to stores and the game. As long as it is optional and not forced, then there is nothing wrong with adding it.

Yes and no. When you start talking about attraction and the human animal, things can get...well, complicated. Personal taste and personality play a big role in this sort of thing as well.

hmmm, character romance theme song... too many good choices!

do I go for the classic overcompensation anthem?

something much closer to reality?

oh, how about something dark and brooding so chicks think I'm "deep"... sounds like cyberpunk to me :cool:

p.s. is it just me, or does "I hurt myself today, to see if i still feel" sound like one of the last entries in the diary of someone going cyber-psycho?

eraser7278;n9654521 said:
p.s. is it just me, or does "I hurt myself today, to see if i still feel" sound like one of the last entries in the diary of someone going cyber-psycho?

sounds like someone waiting for cyberpunk

eraser7278;n9654521 said:
lord_blex;n9654831 said:
sounds like someone waiting for cyberpunk

Hurt by Johnny Cash is more like the Cyberpunk 2077 fan anthem:

"Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here"

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9655851 said:
Hurt by Johnny Cash is more like the Cyberpunk 2077 fan anthem:

"Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here"

Could be ANY character in the Cyberpunk genre'...especially one who has become "successful" and realizes "success" is just illusion when you have a hole in your soul. Almost poetic and Nietzsche-like, isn't it?

RLKing1969;n9659351 said:
Could be ANY character in the Cyberpunk genre'...especially one who has become "successful" and realizes "success" is just illusion when you have a hole in your soul. Almost poetic and Nietzsche-like, isn't it?

It could really be any character in the Cyberpunk genre. Specially when the character realises that "everything that exists" is just an illusion. Almost poetic and Schopenhauer-like, isn't it?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9659451 said:
It could really be any character in the Cyberpunk genre. Specially when the character realises that "everything that exists" is just an illusion. Almost poetic and Schopenhauer-like, isn't it?

Touche'. Well played.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9659451 said:

one might even go so far as to rate it a [dramatic removal of sunglasses]... GRAND illusion :cool:
[video=youtube;p-OqLvB53ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-OqLvB53ro[/video]

eraser7278;n9664751 said:
hypothetical question, how many people must my character kill before he can make THIS romance option happen?

CDPR will make sure that only characters who look like Ryan "The Goose" Gosling can romance her.

HEY REMEMBER THAT RIME RYAN GOSLING SEPARATED A STREET FIGHT IN BROAD DAYLIGHT???

Proxty;n9653661 said:
If there's romance, the only thing that I ask is that we can play as a female protagonist and can date a badass woman.
I'm tired of Bioware always putting the weird characters for the gay relationships: Leliana, Sera, Peebee, etc. The hot non-nonsense girl is always straight: Morrigan, Cassandra, Ashley, Miranda, Cora.

Right!? Bioware gives non gay relantionships the most boring romance options.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9666161 said:
CDPR will make sure that only characters who look like Ryan "The Goose" Gosling can romance her.

She's... not into exclusivity ;)
also
"Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
But she ain't messin' wit no broke runnaz"

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9666461 said:
Right!? Bioware gives non gay relantionships the most boring romance options.

I wouldn't say boring. I like all of them. But in 6 games (I'm putting DA2 aside since it's playsexual), all first companions, men and women, are straight, with the exception of Kaidan, and there isn't a single gay knight.

There should be an option to romance yourself as a Corp, cause ya' know got them Chucks on with Saint Laurent, so gotta kiss myself I'm so pretty,

Top Bottom