Character Romance Discussion

+
Sardukhar;n9680421 said:
You're...wow. That was somehow really creepy, Rawls.
:cool:We all have our moments. It's a joke of course, but I sincerely do hope there are quieter moments in any romances the game includes. Sometimes an intimate discussion is more affecting than any amount of smooches.

walkingdarkly;n9671321 said:
There should be an option to romance yourself as a Corp, cause ya' know got them Chucks on with Saint Laurent, so gotta kiss myself I'm so pretty,

There should be an option to clone a different sex version of yourself and romance him or her.

walkingdarkly;n9671321 said:
There should be an option to romance yourself as a Corp

In all fairness, if there's going to... if there needs to be be romances for the sake of it, the character should be able to be a lone wolf and romance him/herself no matter the class; and jack off when ever where ever and be provided with a prolonged cutscene just like with those other pesky "love interests". Who says the hand ain't a considerate lover?

---I kid, of course, but I really am not a fan of forcibly added (even if not forced to the player) romances in games.---

Lisbeth_Salander;n9666461 said:
Right!? Bioware gives non gay relantionships the most boring romance options.

I wish other scenes got even half the detail, precision, and chemistry that the Male Ryder - Cora scene had. The MRyde-Cora scene was one of the best scenes in gaming in general I thought with so many nuances, and for all the hate on the facial models, the body model is pretty great too, and you got to see plenty of it in that scene.

Then only 1-2 scenes show even a smidgen of nudity, and some get no romance scene at all. (Jaal and PeeBee are only "Okay" I think. And for PeeBee they didn't bother making a new scene or adjusting the scene for a SisRyder and it shows, though the animations looked like they'd be a bit steamy on a BroRyder)

I romanced that one guy from the outlaw world, and I didn't even know I finished the romance line and kept waiting for the next scene. There was chemistry but it still felt like nothing but flirting by that point and I didn't even realize they had a fade to black sex scene, there was little that lead up to it and I only realized after the fact because of some dialogue later.

I hope CP77 has plenty to offer in Cora-level romance scenes. They add a lot to how you feel about the game and relations with characters. Could even look into how LoversLab types make their ero mods for Fallout and Skyrim and make a romance-engine that pieces animations together to form on the spot scenes with any character, or at least just casual encounters in general, so you're not limited to scripted romance opportunities anchored to hard-wired scenes, though a few of those for key moments with key characters could still be great.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9680601 said:
There should be an option to clone a different sex version of yourself and romance him or her.

why an alternate sex clone? I'm more in favor of letting all those narcissistic corporate douche-bags LITERALLY GO FUCK THEMSELVES!

Last edited:
Patrick Bateman, self obsessed corporate douche bag with "unconventional" hobbies, focusing on his own reflection in a mirror while having sex with a hooker... seemed apt, it's all about him and she's just a chunk of warm meat... might even be literal, i don't recall offhand if that leg's owner got chainsawed.

eraser7278;n9687021 said:
might even be literal, i don't recall offhand if that leg's owner got chainsawed.
Some of the scenes, like this you mentioned might be Bateman's vivid imagination.

Rawls;n9680191 said:
I just hope we can be either the big or the little spoon. Sometimes it's nice to be the one who's held ya know?

Sardukhar;n9680421 said:
You're...wow. That was somehow really creepy, Rawls.

Rawls;n9680501 said:
:cool:We all have our moments. It's a joke of course, but I sincerely do hope there are quieter moments in any romances the game includes. Sometimes an intimate discussion is more affecting than any amount of smooches.

This. My wife has a thyroid issue that... well... makes the physical stuff rare, because there is literally no desire on her end. There was a month that I'm pretty sure we didn't even kiss. I learned to thrive on the intimate conversations and time spent together

kofeiiniturpa;n9680641 said:
I really am not a fan of forcibly added (even if not forced to the player) romances in games.---

I agree 100%. And I HATE when a game makes it really hard to avoid. It's vexing to have to go out of my way or suffer some handicap because I hate the love interest the game wants me to like. I firmly believe that romance isn't even CLOSE to required to craft a detailed, well-fleshed (not literal flesh) and wonderful story, and the constant inundation of the romance and nonsense in about EVERYTHING brings me to despair at 3 AM when I lie awake, unable to sleep.

Top Bottom