Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
If Bethesda do Witcher 4, it will be casting Ciri as the player-character, and the first quest would be finding Geralt XD

Honestly though, I would love to play as Ciri. I don't understand why some people think she is not worthy to be the protagonist, I think she has great potential to make the game more interesting. With her powers, she can travel to other worlds, and get creative with her combat mechanics. Also, not having the witcher mutations would mean more range of emotions from her.

They would have to nerf or depower her, but I'm sure they will find an excuse to do that. I mean, Kratos is the friggin God of War and he was depowered right off the bat.

they already say if there is a next installement of witcher ( witcher 4 ) it will be without geralt ( perhaps ciri perhaps we can create our witcher i don't know we will see )
at this moment we will have cyber punk on 2017 and witcher 4 on 2019 so not before >>we have time to make sugestions. i think a good way to do it, it's to make a game 2 or 3 hundreds years early you could create our witcher ect ect . if they are making a continue with ciri it's will be perhaps in other country like zerikannia or something like that .

Last edited:
Surprising results of the poll... I would love a new Witcher game of any form honestly, but I can also understand why the CDPR want to move on to new ideas. Im really excited for Cyberpunk and part of the excitement comes from not knowing what to expect!

The way I see it, there is nothing but good times ahead.

---------- Updated at 08:44 AM ----------

I agree, but with her abilities it seem to be a near impossible task.

The quest "Through Space and Time" (least I think thats what its called). Imagine a whole game like that questline, would be EPIC!

If THERE IS A WITCHER 4 WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS?

I will begin saying witcher 3 is a diamond nearly perfect there is some bug but in a open world it is normal the team has done a fantastic job . So if there is a witcher 4 there is possiby to do it with ciri as the main protagonist ( but i don't suggest because she is too op , really to powerfull in both magic and wither art ) i suggest to done a witcher game 400-500 year before you can create your witcher but we know geralt arc is done it will be a witcher game without him . we will see if you do it the way you have done witcher 3 it will be a fantastic rpg so nothing to say .

@Sunsibar It's hard to contradict you but in this point I must do that! Sorry... :dizzy:
No please... no prequels please... In the world of today it exist already too much of them!!! :wallbash:

I can understand your point :D I fear that if there is going to be more Witchers, it can very easily destroy everything that is now so beautiful.

I'm also that stupid, that if there is something with Witcher text on it, I will buy it :D

So if there is going to be Witcher 4, I don't want it to be another Geralt or "Geralt". That Prequel would be better. But I think CDPR isn't going to give us more Witcher. Maybe they find some other book for next game, or make one without books ;)

I can understand your point :D I fear that if there is going to be more Witchers, it can very easily destroy everything that is now so beautiful.

I'm also that stupid, that if there is something with Witcher text on it, I will buy it :D

So if there is going to be Witcher 4, I don't want it to be another Geralt or "Geralt". That Prequel would be better. But I think CDPR isn't going to give us more Witcher. Maybe they find some other book for next game, or make one without books ;)

In my opinion a new Witcher game without the one and only witcher (called Gerald >:D) is senseless in any case.

I wouldn't mind a Witcher game like GTA V, where we can switch between Geralt and Ciri at will. They can even throw in Yennefer in there as well. This way everyone will be happy, and an opportunity for a more complex and intriguing story telling and decision making is created.

They can create Geralt exclusive missions and Ciri exclusive missions and have a story arc that involves both of them indirectly or even directly. Afterall Geralt and Ciri's destinies are said to be intertwined, so destiny will always lead them back to each other.

I wouldn't mind a Witcher game like GTA V, where we can switch between Geralt and Ciri at will. They can even throw in Yennefer in there as well. This way everyone will be happy, and an opportunity for a more complex and intriguing story telling and decision making is created.

They can create Geralt exclusive missions and Ciri exclusive missions and have a story arc that involves both of them indirectly or even directly. Afterall Geralt and Ciri's destinies are said to be intertwined, so destiny will always lead them back to each other.

You made my day man! It's a great idea, I would love to play more as Geralt and Yenn (and Ciri) cause I got to care for them so much after 3 games it's unbelievable for me, cause I usually don't care about game characters almost at all (I never get emotional in movies or games but this game did it to me :(. If they won't make another witcher I would be happy to spend my life creating one! Witcher deserves more, and especially deserves better ending! (With Yen or Triss whicherver You prefer :D). I see many crap games with 0 potential getting sequels like number 7 but witcher just when we get the best you end it. It's damn cruel for whole franchise fans and for game fans as well.

You made my day man! It's a great idea, I would love to play more as Geralt and Yenn (and Ciri) cause I got to care for them so much after 3 games it's unbelievable for me, cause I usually don't care about game characters almost at all (I never get emotional in movies or games but this game did it to me :(. If they won't make another witcher I would be happy to spend my life creating one! Witcher deserves more, and especially deserves better ending! (With Yen or Triss whicherver You prefer :D). I see many crap games with 0 potential getting sequels like number 7 but witcher just when we get the best you end it. It's damn cruel for whole franchise fans and for game fans as well.

The idea sounds cool but Yen isn't a Witcher and Geralt has retired.

So it should be Ciri, Eskel and Lambert and similar to GTA how the story was centered around Michael, this story should be centered around Ciri.

The idea sounds cool but Yen isn't a Witcher and Geralt has retired.

So it should be Ciri, Eskel and Lambert and similar to GTA how the story was centered around Michael, this story should be centered around Ciri.

I get your point but maybe next witcher won't even have the same name(The Witcher), so why not add playable sorceresses and other characters like Dandelion and Zoltan, Eskel or Lambert, while being able to switch between them at will in open world like in GTA V. That way both players who want older characters back will be happy and those that want new also. Also add more backstory to them cause we (players, I don't mean people who read the books) know almost nothing about Yen, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion or other witchers for that matter.

Last edited:
I don't think it makes any sense to do another witcher game without geralt as protagonist. I mean, the witcher saga is about geralt and only him, not about someone else.

It could work with another name tho, but not "The Witcher".

If you want to know more about them why not read the books then?

I actually did read the books, but sorry to say many people won't and even to me seeing characters say their story or somehow uncover it in game feels more like really knowing them. Besides for me there is never enaugh Geralt or Triss or Yen or Ciri. I understand what many people think when they say it's better to end game when it's really good, but honestly this world has so many stories to tell, both for people who read or who didn't read the books that imho it would be sad to end when there are people who want more and would pay for it if this is what CDPR is afraid of. There is difference between leaving on a high note and leaving fans unsatisfied.

Look at AC (Assassins Creed for those who don't know) people say they don't want more and probably many will agree, but there are people who I know would buy every AC there is because they love the characters and the game whatever is thrown at them. Most people are blind fans of something and it's called their favourites. Many would call them stupid and pointless yet they will still stand by their word that this is what they like. My favourite character is Geralt together with Yen and Triss and Ciri and I would pay every penny to see them again. Because even if most people would say the game is crap or plainly bad I would play it cause I like my favourite characters.

Also this gives a lot of credit to CDPR and Sapkowski for creating such wonderful characters who many people got to love and care about laugh with and I am very greatful for it. Just honestly we see Final Fantasy XV and we end only at The Witcher 3, and FOR ME (I don't judge anyone so please don't hate) this game is better and deserves more.

I see many crap games with 0 potential getting sequels like number 7 but witcher just when we get the best you end it. It's damn cruel for whole franchise fans and for game fans as well.

Some of those crap games were actually good until they got too many sequels to satisfy market demand from the fans. It is better to end a series while it is still good, and especially when closure has been brought to its story. When a bad sequel is released, it is already too late, and it can even do harm to the previous titles. And while there is always resistance to change and new stuff from fans, in the future, many of the same people who demand a continuation of TW3 right now will rather want a Cyberpunk 2 instead, or they will enjoy a future Witcher game with a new story and new cast of characters just as much as they do the current ones.

I understand your concern but honestly most of those bad sequels failed because they changed the very charismatic and well designed main character to a boring and witless person. Honestly I dont mind the time They can take even 10 years to make next witcher if they like. But saying yeah we dont want Geralt is pointless for me cause I wouldnt really love the Witcher so much if not for it's brilliant and well developed characters - Ciri, Geralt, Yen, Triss, Zoltan Dandelion and many more. And my favourite is by far Geralt as many people in this poll may agree as I can see it.

By the way, I hope we get many replies cause I will never say my idea is the best but maybe just maybe if we get enaugh we might bring some cool inspiration to CDPR. :)

Also add more backstory to them cause we (players, I don't mean people who read the books) know almost nothing about Yen, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion or other witchers for that matter.

If you don't want to read the books (which I do recommend, If you want to know more about the witcher universe in depth.) you can always buy: The world of the witcher strategy game guide. It summaries the events of the books for a big part + alot of info about the characters.

I understand your concern but honestly most of those bad sequels failed because they changed the very charismatic and well designed main character to a boring and witless person. Honestly I dont mind the time They can take even 10 years to make next witcher if they like. But saying yeah we dont want Geralt is pointless for me cause I wouldnt really love the Witcher so much if not for it's brilliant and well developed characters - Ciri, Geralt, Yen, Triss, Zoltan Dandelion and many more. And my favourite is by far Geralt as many people in this poll may agree as I can see it.

CDPR can create new brilliant and well developed characters. They proved this already. I would greatly prefer for them to make their own characters instead of butchering using already established ones from the books.

Top Bottom