[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Fyke Isle is still having problems with newest update. I don't think it happens if you fast travel straight there; it's most obvious if you swim there during the day from somewhere nearby. Bloom gets way overexposed while swimming, makes the screen like completely white. Also, once there, it seems like the bloom is almost turning on and off occasionally. Believe I only noticed this after the changes to Velen.

JaeSwan What you are saying make zero sense, that is not how lighting in witcher work. Also i have zero problems with bloom. So when problem show, take screenshot and make save, and send me both save file and screenshot..

Apologies, I didn't mean that the bloom was actually turning on and off, just that something in the lighting would abruptly change that looked somewhat like that. For some reason my screenshots aren't saving, but I should be able to put up a save file tomorrow. The screen getting super bright happens every time I swim to Fyke Isle though, no matter which save I load up. I mean, maybe it's supposed to do that? It just looks a bit weird to me I guess. If anyone could just swim out there around noon real quick to see if maybe my game is just wrecked, that would be sweet.

JaeSwan
Do you mean that the fog gets extremely bright whenever you tread on the water?
I have noticed that, looked exactly like the bloom fog issue a lot of people encountered in Skellige at the lighthouse with the og STLM 3.

LukeSparow;n8259030 said:
Mishikedman
Sorry, can't give you a save file for that particular cloud bug. I forgot to make one amd I can't for the life of me recreate it.
Maybe that's a good thing though, just a one-off bug so far :)

I have found that when loading a weather-enabled mod such as Mishikedman's work, the clouds often appear broken. i then run "stoprain" to reset the weather and it works fine after that.

JaeSwan;n8261420 said:
Apologies, I didn't mean that the bloom was actually turning on and off, just that something in the lighting would abruptly change that looked somewhat like that. For some reason my screenshots aren't saving, but I should be able to put up a save file tomorrow. The screen getting super bright happens every time I swim to Fyke Isle though, no matter which save I load up. I mean, maybe it's supposed to do that? It just looks a bit weird to me I guess. If anyone could just swim out there around noon real quick to see if maybe my game is just wrecked, that would be sweet.

Is that happening with Vanilla lighting too?

WalteriusMaximus;n8263950 said:
I have found that when loading a weather-enabled mod such as Mishikedman's work, the clouds often appear broken. i then run "stoprain" to reset the weather and it works fine after that.

Only when you start new game or BAW, and it is not broken, but first cloud that loads upon starting new game is Vanilla one.You can enter stoprain or just meditate, and every other time you ran game it will work fine, because game will set new weather parameters and clouds will be appropriate to region... That means only start of new game is problematic every other save after that is OK.

Did anyone tried last version of game ?

Mishikedman;n8264440 said:
Only when you start new game or BAW, and it is not broken, but first cloud that loads upon starting new game is Vanilla one.You can enter stoprain or just meditate, and every other time you ran game it will work fine, because game will set new weather parameters and clouds will be appropriate to region... That means only start of new game is problematic every other save after that is OK.

Did anyone tried last version of game ?

That's exactly what I meant, Mishikedman. I know it is not broken, the new weather just don't load immediately after installing the mod. This is my experience and that of others. It is not a major problem because as I said and as you said, meditating or clearing the weather fixes it.

I will only be able to test the new version tonight.... ;)

Mishikedman;n8258710 said:
Enjoy for now, next version tommorow. https://mega.nz/#!nI5VUCpD!nFo4LUAQMWZOupfNvsg0DkL4xkiJU8uD6o7-db2Ew2A

1.Thing i learned is in Dandelion Brothel there is a bug that cause yellowish hair and it is present in vanilla too...
2.I figure out hox to fix torch but i didnt get time to add it in this update.
3.All CSV reworked.
4.Added fog for Tower of mist fog island :)

Sorry for dumb question. Its not full (test) version?

sober999 I dont think i understand you, how do you meen full test version. It have all fixes previous one had and some new one i listed, you can download it and test it :)

Created by LukeSparow reported by all.
All reported bugs on previus version of MOD EDDIT

Velen:

1. Yellow hair and odd skin in Dandelions Tavern- Cant be fixed, problem is present even in Vanilla, but only in entrance of Dandelion tavern, if you talk with Dandelion, or if you walk a little bit further to tables with candles near stairs you can see his normal hair. I will not give up jet but it is hard to fix.

2. Geralts tanned skin- FIXED

3. Odd blue shadows? (Have never noticed this)- Also i never noticed this.Please provide save file and Screenshot.

Skellige:

1. Bloom overexposure on clouds during certain weathers- FIXED
2. Odd ENV in Leshen Forest- Working on it, bug is present in Vanilla also, but it is much worse and you can notice it wright away. Big help will be if anyone have uncook env file for this quest and location.

White Orchard:

1. Opening cutscene too early dawn.-Need to optimize it more but not far to be finished

Kaer Morhen:
none reported yet

All areas:
1. Odd bloom streak on torches when facing sun/moon.- Fixed in part, need to implement fixes for all locations.
2. Lensflare FX still needs removing from certain braziers.-FIXED

WalteriusMaximus;n8263950 said:

Ah yes, that makes sense. Hadn't actually considered that.
Ignore my last bug report about the clouds! Mishikedman

Mishikedman;n8264780 said:
Created by LukeSparow reported by all.
All reported bugs on previus version of MOD EDDIT

Velen:

1. Yellow hair and odd skin in Dandelions Tavern- Cant be fixed, problem is present even in Vanilla, but only in entrance of Dandelion tavern, if you talk with Dandelion, or if you walk a little bit further to tables with candles near stairs you can see his normal hair. I will not give up jet but it is hard to fix.

2. Geralts tanned skin- FIXED

3. Odd blue shadows? (Have never noticed this)- Also i never noticed this.Please provide save file and Screenshot.

Skellige:

1. Bloom overexposure on clouds during certain weathers- FIXED
2. Odd ENV in Leshen Forest- Working on it, bug is present in Vanilla also, but it is much worse and you can notice it wright away. Big help will be if anyone have uncook env file for this quest and location.

White Orchard:

1. Opening cutscene too early dawn.-Need to optimize it more but not far to be finished

Kaer Morhen:
none reported yet

All areas:
1. Odd bloom streak on torches when facing sun/moon.- Fixed in part, need to implement fixes for all locations.
2. Lensflare FX still needs removing from certain braziers.-FIXED

About the White Orchard "dawn" cut-scene. I think this is more a result of the rate at which time passes in the game? I am using a mod that slows down the rate and that fixes the issue.

I've completely forgotten to go to Kaer Morhen to test! I will focus on that tonight and report back.

WalteriusMaximus;n8264990 said:
About the White Orchard "dawn" cut-scene. I think this is more a result of the rate at which time passes in the game? I am using a mod that slows down the rate and that fixes the issue.

I've completely forgotten to go to Kaer Morhen to test! I will focus on that tonight and report back.

Yeah that definitely has something to do with it. However, in vanilla the sunrise would come in during the cut-scene (also too early mind you). With Mishikedman's fix the sun has already risen when the cut-scene starts, as you can see in the video.

It seems that the sunrise has just been moved to an earlier point altogether. So I figured, if it can be moved forward, can't it be moved back to a later point too? Would fix the cutscene and disable the need for the slower time mod (for me anyway).

It is same in STLM 3.1, and if you use real time per second (in all r4game.ws files eddit SetHoursPerMinute 0.016) you will finish fight with ghouls, enter Vilage and even than you will not see sun on horizon and to me this mod boost realism, but not just that. It fixes shadow updating in gameplay, which is very fast with regular gameplay ;)

Last edited:
As a side note, Mishikedman could you please remove any hair physics and armor re-textures that Essenthy may have added to the original mod if you find it? I saw in another discussion that one armor (the cidarian cavalry armor I believe) was added with different colors.... I don't think any of that stuff belong in a mod that is all about lighting. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Mishikedman Ok so I had a quick run around Kaer Morhen and here are my thoughts:

In general, the place seem quite dark which is in a sense realistic in mountain valleys, but perhaps it could be just a little bit less dark especially in day time.
Nights are also VERY dark when the moon is not out, but I really like that! Walking around at night even when the moon is out, makes it feel very realistic.
The overall color pallet is nice but I think it suffers from a little bit of over-saturation like Velen did. And Geralt's face looks tanned like in Velen, before you fixed it.
Inside Kaer Morhen's interior it is also quite dark and I think a lot of people may not like that. It could probably do with a little bit more light.

Before anyone starts screaming at me, yes I am aware I am probably looking at mostly Essenthy's work. But these are the issues I feel should be addressed.

Top Bottom