[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Only seen it with weather without much wind, kinda odd that it's happening during all weather types for you. Did you try resetting the cycle with the stoprain command?

LukeSparow;n8271530 said:
Only seen it with weather without much wind, kinda odd that it's happening during all weather types for you. Did you try resetting the cycle with the stoprain command?

I have but no luck :/ I'm pretty sure it is HD Project that is the cause as I swear I remember someone else mentioned it in the nexus

FOR ALL REGIONS
To report on some findings, problem with torch effect is related to moon light shafts, it is present in Vanilla game also, and only way to fix it is to disable light shafts, time to balance do we want moon light shafts and live with this bug, or am i to disable it and fix problem with torch, also i tone down brightness of torch down to nearly Vanilla level...

VELEN
Other thing i done i tone down bloom in swamps and i made Fayke island very, very similar to original maybe even better.

KHAER MORHEN
Nights are tad dimmer than in Skellige Isle but a lot brighter than before.
I made Moon smaller.

Last edited:
Mishikedman
Sounds like good stuff!

On the light shafts, I say take them out (if you can do that for only the moon specifically anyhow).
Didn't think it looked realistic in the first place and if it fixes the torch issues all the better!

Have been away for a while...seems so many things happend! I'll try this Mishy mod tonight...still no compatible with any weather mod right?

Mishikedman;n8274280 said:
FOR ALL REGIONS
To report on some findings, problem with torch effect is related to moon light shafts, it is present in Vanilla game also, and only way to fix it is to disable light shafts, time to balance do we want moon light shafts and live with this bug, or am i to disable it and fix problem with torch, also i tone down brightness of torch down to nearly Vanilla level...

VELEN
Other thing i done i tone down bloom in swamps and i made Fayke island very, very similar to original maybe even better.

KHAER MORHEN
Nights are tad dimmer than in Skellige Isle but a lot brighter than before.
I made Moon smaller.

These all sound like good changes!

I would like to see the light shafts on the moon removed. I know some people like it but it is totally unrealistic in my opinion. And that would fix the problem with the torch light shaft.
I would also like to have the vanilla brightness for Geralt's torch. Together with this mod, it will work great: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2271/?

Can't thank you enough for your work on this, Mishikedman! :)

Alastre it is not compatible, but all weather CSV files are reworked and imo improved. If you have propositions on something i can add for some weather type, please do i am open for suggestion.

Last edited:
Mishikedman Just read back a little bit, real bummer that the bug in Dandelion's tavern can't really be fixed. It is what it is I guess!
About the Leshen Forest ENV, where should I be looking for that? In STLM's folder structure?

Perheps I've done something wrong but Mishikedman's mod doesn't work for me. It's standalone or I must have original STLM installed too? If not, what problem it may be? After installing, nothing have changed in my game. The lighting still the same from the original game. My version is 1.31 (A).

Last edited:
LordBeleth;n8284230 said:
Perheps I've done something wrong but Mishikedman's mod doesn't work for me. It's standalone or I must have original STLM installed too? If not, what problem it may be? After installing, nothing have changed in my game. The lighting still the same from the original game. My version is 1.31 (A).

Only you can say if you have a conflicting mod installed.

V4 suffers from overexposure and I think is a step back in terms of quality compared to v3 which uses original STLM lighting.
Let me know what you guys think

VANILLA

V4

V3

To me v3 looks better even if colors are too vibrant. Exposure is just right. Also, trees in the distance are not bright like v4 (low LOD is thus more noticeable)

Mishikedman;n8275730 said:
Alastre it is not compatible, but all weather CSV files are reworked and imo improved. If you have propositions on something i can add for some weather type, please do i am open for suggestion.

Excellent work dude...thank you so much. A couple of question:

1) Still suffer from a kind of bloom effect (even if i've disabled it from options)...it happend Always with IGNI and sometimes in the sky...is this normal? I mean it's something that lies in the game code?

2) Still some low res clouds...especially around novigrad

Otherwise it's close to perfection...

The one problem with V4 that I can see is that those mountains in the distance are awfully white
The brighter lighting in the background also puts somewhat more emphasis on those awful low LOD trees, but I don't think that's all too bad.

Besides that I think V4 looks a lot better actually. The colours have a more vibrant, cold tone to them where in V3 everything looked somewhat sun-scorched (extremely orange treebark in V3 shot for example).

Top Bottom