The General Videogame Thread

+
If I were to sum up what I think about The Order it would probably be "style over substance".

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

On that Dontnod vampire RPG, the premise sounds a bit...Twighlight-y. I want to play as this guy, not some do-gooder doctor.

As much as I like the concept of a game about vampires, this one does not sound promising. Vampires used to be a plague. Scum of the underground come to defile life itself, and with them filth, decadence, disease and corruption. A "good" vampire who helps people is about as dumb as a demon who struggles against his nature and sings in the church choir.

As much as I like the concept of a game about vampires, this one does not sound promising. Vampires used to be a plague. Scum of the underground come to defile life itself, and with them filth, decadence, disease and corruption. A "good" vampire who helps people is about as dumb as a demon who struggles against his nature and sings in the church choir.

Funny that you mention this because it sort of reminds me of how things are in The Witcher games/books. Generic and cliche things are turned upside down and there is always a twist on what you'd typically see or expect.

There is a theme about it in WoD: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Salubri

Last edited:

http://nichegamer.net/2015/01/dontnod-entertainment-reveal-vampyr-a-pc-horror-rpg/

Remember Me developer Dontnod Entertainment is working on a horror RPG, dubbed simply “Vampyr.”

you’ll have to make as the doctor, true moral dilemmas where you’ll be fighting the urge to feed, while also trying to heal people. The tagline is reportedly ‘Take blood. Save a life’.

Yeah.... nah.

View attachment 9468

*nods respectively* *tips lawsuit action*

Damn, they had me wishing to the game to flop right on the release. And the whole premise of a good doctor vampire who saves lives? That's like playing a witcher who revolves around protecting monsters and animals and building a safe shelter for the endangered species.
It's just SJW developers strike again I guess (Remember they are developing Life is Strange (aka Gone Homo..er, Home but in episodes) also

Attachments

• combine_images.jpg
    combine_images.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I usually steer away from early acces games but i couldnt resist buying it and so far its extremely enjoyable ^^
It will be very interesting to see what kind of things get added in future updates.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/01/homeworld-remastered-collection.html

Footage and screenshots and info . I found homeworld 1 at a thrift store and liked it a lot. Haven't played it in a while

Amid its large-scale presence at the PAX South gaming convention in San Antonio, independent developer Gearbox Software offered a glimpse of Homeworld Remastered Collection, the long-awaited, ultra high-definition remastering of the acclaimed strategy series. The Texas-based developer also announced that the game will be released for PC on February 25, 2015 (yes, just a month away) with pre-orders open now on Steam for $34.99 -- currently just $29.74 with a 15% pre-order discount.

Homeworld Remastered Collection updates and introduces the landmark space strategy games to modern audiences. The collection includes Homeworld and Homeworld 2, painstakingly remastered by Gearbox in cooperation with key members of the original development team and members of the series’ passionate fan community. As a free bonus, this collection also includes the original versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2 with compatibility updates, preserving the purest form of the original releases. Anyone who purchases Homeworld Remastered Collection will also receive free access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta when the collection releases on February 25, 2015.

Whelp, that's a whole lot of assumptions based on the fact the game is about a vampire who is also a doctor and there will be moral dilemmas. That sounds awesome to me, and also raises a ton of questions (how does a vampire decide "Hey, I'll help my one and only source of food stay alive! Wait, what uncontrollable urges to feed?" for example...) But I hope they learned a bunch of things after Remember Me, which could be a poster child for great ideas gone wrong (or rather, poorly implemented).

Anyway, I took Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut for a spin. It was as enjoyable as ever, The Missing Link section is the best thing they could've added to it, but oh boy did the dev commentary piss me off. So many great things got cut. :(

So has anyone played Dying Light yet? If you have, what do you think of it? I'll certainly be buying it, but I want to know if it's worth the full price that it is on Steam (£40)

Hi @Dona, welcome back. It's good to see you again!

I played The Longest Journey, that game you seem to really like, and commented on it at the adventure games thread. Just warn me before you stone me to death :p

Top Bottom