The New Open Beta Patch Information Thread

+
So.. There is a lot of thing that I don't understand in the new changes. This is a long post so I cut it in categories.

FIRST: NILFGARD IS OP, Too OP.

Questions about the meaning of some cards, I don't clearly understand what they do and when. [Source in the Spoiler]
When does Brave works?
How to use King of beggars ?
When does elven mercenary returns to your side?
What is Gradual damage on Biting frost?
Does summoning circle can copy a silver card?
Cyprian Wiley.
Roach doesn't works with some gold card?
Does the human Regis still spawn the Higher vampire version?
Impera become gold if top deck is gold?
Treason can draw gold card from opponent?
What does Veterans means? Can't use First light when Dagon is on the board?
How the Gamble with the Man of Glass works?
What does the Bloody Baron does? what's the Bond ability?

• Brave: if losing: do the following
If loosing with the card played of before playing the card?

King of Beggars
  • If you are winning, Weaken this Unit enough to tie the round or to a minimum of 5 base power
Same question Here.
Also I still doesn't understand that card, If it was doing it's thing when loosing (you are loosing, you play it and it adjust it's strength to tie the row) But does it when you're winning? I don't get the point.

Elven Mercenary
  • 2 Disloyal
  • If this unit is spying move it to your side after you play an Ambush unit.
  • Deploy: draw 2 bronze special cards. Play 1 and shuffle the other back
Do they return when you put and ambush card on the board or does they return when the ambush card is revealed?
If revealed, does they returns if the card is locked?

Biting Frost
  • Special
  • Apply Biting Frost to a row
  • Biting Frost: Turn Start: Damage Units on the row by 1 (gradual damage)
What does "gradual damage" means? Does it damage ALL the units by 1 on the first turn then 2 on the second turn, 3 and so on?

Summoning Circle
  • Special
  • Spawn a base copy of the last Unit that your opponent played from their Hand
Can it copy a silver card? It doesn't say bronze so I assume so.

Cyprian Wiley
  • Deploy: Weaken a unit by 3 or destroy an Ambush Unit
Just to me sure here, "Destroy an Ambush Unit" means send it to the graveyard without releaving it?

Roach
  • 3 Agile
  • Spawn priority changed; won’t work with Vilgefortz anymore
Where does it sais it doesn't works with Vilgefortz anymore? "Summon or rez this unit on a random row whenever you play a gold card (excluding leaders)"
Someone also said that it doesn't works with another gold card.

Regis: Higher Vampire
  • 4 Gold Agile
  • Now split into 2 separate cards
  • Deploy: Consume a random bronze unit from your opponent’s deck.
Does his human form still act like a cow? and spawn the higher vampire when remove or send to the graveyard?

Impera Enforcers
  • Deploy: Look at the top Unit in your Deck and Boost self by its Power. If it was Gold, Promote self.
What does "promote self" means? Will it become gold if the top deck card is gold?

Treason
  • Special
  • Play the bottom card from your opponent’s deck
This card make me shiver... Can it draw a gold? Because if soo, this if a little too much (draw your gold, you now have 3 and your opponent 5)
A lot of question are about the gold because they changed that in the description. Before it was (non-gold) now it's (gold included) But i'm still not sure when I see nothing written.

Clan an Craite Raider
  • Veteran: strengthen self by 1
  • Resurrect this Unit whenever it is Discarded
So, A lot of SK card have veteran, what does that means? When does the card will gain 1 strength?

Leader: Dagon
  • ?
  • No more first light
No more first light? what does that means? You can't play first light anymore if he's on the board?

Gaunter O'Dim
  • Deploy: Gamble with the Man of Glass. Success: Draw and play a card. Failure: Your opponent Draws a card. Tie: Both players Draw a card.
What's the gamble with the Man of Glass? Someone said it has to do something with the first card of the opponant's deck and 5 strengh, Can someone explain it?

• Bloody Baron (Gold, 1 STR, Siege / Loyal): Deploy: Trigger your Allies' Bond abilities.
What's this, what does he does exactly? We don't know what the BOND ability is, don't we?

And last, not a about the description but the card itself. There is two different descriptions for the Redanian Elite, wich one is the True Open beta one?
  • Redanian Elite (Bronze, 4 STR, Any Row / Loyal): Resistant. Bond: Add 2 Armor. Turn Start: Boost self by 1 if under Torrential Rain.
or

- Brave -> if you are losing before playing the card. It also makes sense, since if that wasn't the case you would get an infinite loop (example of why it can't be possible to check after the card is played: you are at 30, your opponent is at 41. You play Geralt, you trigger brave since you are behind, now you are 42 vs 41. Since you are ahead brave stop working, but now you are behind 40 vs 41, so brave trigger again. Now you are ahead, so brave stop working. Rinse and repeat, you get an infinite loop).

- KoB -> If you are behind on points when you play the cards, the dude will reduce his base strength so you can only tie. Some examples: 1) You are 10 vs 40. You play KoB. KoB will keep his 15 strength since even if you play him you are behind (25 vs 40). 2) You are 20 vs 30. You play KoB. KoB will become a 10 strength unit, because that's the number that allow you to tie with your opponent. 3) You are 20 vs 23. Even tho the number to tie is 3, KoB minimum base strength is 5 so if you play it you'll end up at 25 vs 23, with KoB being a 5 power unit. 4) You are ahead or equal on points. KoB is a 5 strength unit.

- Elven Merc -> Play = play from your hand

- Biting Frost -> It means that at the start of each of your opponent's turns the units affected will take 1 damage each. Gradual is because this effect trigger over time, it's no longer frost=your units are at 1 now

- Summoning Circle -> It can summon any non-gold unit played by your opponent. Including silvers yes.

- Ciprian -> Yes it works like Morenn, you just don't care if it's hidden or visible

- Roach -> in the streams the devs said that they changed the priority. Now you first have to choose a target with Vilgeforz and Milva, then roach is summoned. You can no longer pick roach (unless he was on field before)

- Regis -> Nope they changed it to a different effect, altho i can't recall which one

- Impera -> yep

- Treason -> unless a card explicitly says (including gold cards) they won't be able to affect gold cards. That works for draw cards as well (see the last wish)

- Veteran -> it's just the old SK passive sticked on a few cards. At the end of each round they'll do something (usually gain 1 power)

- Dagon -> In CB you could pull first light along with the bronze weathers with dagon's ability. That is no longer the case in OB, you'll only be able to use dagon to spawn frost, fog or rain.

- Gaunter -> You have 2 choices, pick if the top card (non gold) is above or below 5 power. If you guess correctly, you draw and play a card. If you miss, your opponent draw a card. If it's power is exactly 5 both players draw a card

- Bond -> It's a new NR ability, altho i don't remember how it works. It will be explained in the game once OB starts tho.

Questions about the meaning of some cards, I don't clearly understand what they do and when. [Source in the Spoiler]

When does Brave works?
When you're behind on score i believe.

How to use King of beggars ?
Its a catch up card. He can also be used as a card to be consumed by Toad for massive str gain.

When does elven mercenary returns to your side?
When a ambush card is being played (it does not need to be revealed). This should include isengrim played ambush.

What is Gradual damage on Biting frost?
Cant remember :D

Does summoning circle can copy a silver card?
Should be able to, but not gold unless SC specifically specifies "including gold cards".

Cyprian Wiley.

What about him?

Roach doesn't works with some gold card?
He does not work with leaders. Milva\vilgefortz roach tactic doesn't work anymore either (you can still vilgefortz roach if you play VF after having gotten roach on board).
Roach will still appear as normal when golden cards (but not leaders) is played.

Does the human Regis still spawn the Higher vampire version?
No, they are separate cards doing 2 different things now.

Impera become gold if top deck is gold?
No clue

Treason can draw gold card from opponent?
As far as i remember: Yes

What does Veterans means?
Units with Veteran gain 1 additional strength per round. It's the old skellige passive.

Can't use First light when Dagon is on the board?

Dagon can no longer spawn first light. However you can still use first light when he's on board.

How the Gamble with the Man of Glass works?
Easy. Play the gold card. You get to choose between two options (higher than 5 str or below 5str) in order to guess the opponents next cards strength. If you loose your opponent draw a card, if you tie you both draw a card, if you win you draw a card and play it.

What does the Bloody Baron does?
I can't really remember

what's the Bond ability?
Bond i think is like how it worked in Witcher 3 gwent. By itself it does nothing. But play 2 cards with bond while the other is on board you'll trigger both "bonds".
Bond: Deal 5 damage to random enemy. Have 1 such card on board, play a 2nd and both cards deal 5 damage to a random enemy. However played alone it does nothing.

Raigho;n8573330 said:
So.. There is a lot of thing that I don't understand in the new changes. This is a long post so I cut it in categories.

FIRST: NILFGARD IS OP, Too OP.

[/IMG][/SPOILER]

Nilfgaard is not OP until proven otherwise. We don't know if they are OP until we play the game, we can't make assumption by the ppl. streaming PTR. Only a handful of ppl. testing is not valid data.

Besides, the game will go in OBT and OBT means everything is still under supervision and will be balanced accordingly to feedback and data analysis. I feel some weather cards are OP but i can't be definite about it until i play the game, a lot.

Lastly, for ppl. having questions...Devs said the Challenges should last you 5hrs. I would suggest here, do not just watch streamers, take your time come 24th and play them carefully, reading tooltips, re-playing matches with AI, trying a variation od deck and also archetypes within a Faction. You will need much more than 5 hrs imo. if you are thorough and intelligent (perhaps not the last one). Have patience and playtest as much as possible to figure things out. Practice makes perfect. GL.

Thanks a lot DMaster2 for the explanations, I still don't understand about the biting frost but you helped me a lot (here, have a redpoint)

- KoB -> If you are behind on points when you play the cards, the dude will reduce his base strength so you can only tie. Some examples: 1) You are 10 vs 40. You play KoB. KoB will keep his 15 strength since even if you play him you are behind (25 vs 40). 2) You are 20 vs 30. You play KoB. KoB will become a 10 strength unit, because that's the number that allow you to tie with your opponent. 3) You are 20 vs 23. Even tho the number to tie is 3, KoB minimum base strength is 5 so if you play it you'll end up at 25 vs 23, with KoB being a 5 power unit. 4) You are ahead or equal on points. KoB is a 5 strength unit.
  • If you are winning, Weaken this Unit enough to tie the round or to a minimum of 5 base power
That's exactly what I was thinking But if we read the card's description, it says "If you are winning" not "If you are losing". Still I'm glad i'm not the only one. Maybe it is loosing instead of winning and the writer just made a mistake in the description?

The description is correct. If you are winning AFTER you played the card, it's base strength gets reduced to a minimum of 5.
(You play the card and it has 15 base power , then it does what is written after" Deploy:".)

Last edited:
Top Bottom