Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the entry updates with any new information after the credits roll. A little bit more about all the characters would be great. Like I've said, even though I didn't pick Yen, I still would like to know where she goes and what she does. :dry:

Ahh fair enough. It is a bit disappointing if there aren't any entries after the credits but it would be worse if there were entries for some characters such as yen and nothing for others such as triss.

Ahh fair enough. It is a bit disappointing if there aren't any entries after the credits but it would be worse if there were entries for some characters such as yen and nothing for others such as triss.

Yes, that would be much worse. Probably would be the final straw for me. :dry:

Some more context could give your decision a little bit more weight. I'd still almost surely pick Triss every time but I would definitely think a bit harder about rejecting Yennefer. About the ramifications down the road.

Also, unless you really manipulate the sequence of events, all the context comes after you've made your decision! Everyone basically saying- Geralt you moron, what have you done?!?

Also, unless you really manipulate the sequence of events, all the context comes after you've made your decision! Everyone basically saying- Geralt you moron, what have you done?!?

This is a good point. At the point where people start telling Geralt he done fucked up by picking Yen, you're already locked into place. :dry:

Quote from Triss' Bio about not leaving for Kovir after all.

It's sad because it says she doesn't leave for Kovir after all, yet after that encounter the game goes back to a default no-Triss-romance state where she does leave.

Even their band aid solution included this, with the whole Kovir house viewing, unless they meant to say she secured that position before the events of "Now or Never" in which case her absence makes even less sense.

On a more positive note, I love the way the quest Now or Never describes the events in the docks.

They mirror what was going on for me on that part quite well.

Same here. I read it through probably 10 times, maybe more. Kinda wish it updated after the ending to include a small entry about them going to Kovir. Sadly, nothing of the sort. :X

For me, that whole codex was a mess in my playthrough, it even had an entry about Yen giving Sile a merciful death even though i said Sile did in the previous game and Sile wasn't in the jail cell or the game at all. The Triss codex was great right up until the last paragraph about Yen inviting her, and you're right, they should of included something after about Kovir or how Triss is to become the mage advisor to King Tancred, but nope everytime i read it, it will always state that Triss came to Kaer Morhen because of Yen.......i hope the next patch fixes it but i'm not holding my breath.

---------- Updated at 04:52 AM ----------

I can understand Geralt didn't want to talk about Triss when Yen was sitting beside him. But after Yen left...
Geralt "We are not a couple "
Eskel "Sry, we didn't know. Do you want to talk?"
(Me - preparing to click "yes")
Geralt "No"
(Me "WTF!")

I had that exact same reaction! after that i had to check to see if this was an rpg game or not :)

I had that exact same reaction! after that i had to check to see if this was an rpg game or not

Lol :lol: Definitely still an RPG :p just one with a lot of missed opportunities for character development/interaction. :X

On a more positive note, I love the way the quest Now or Never describes the events in the docks.

Yeah, that was sort of how I felt when I did it the first time too. "Wait? You're still going? Oh. My. God. Dijkstra! Leave me alone - I just had my heart ripped out. That's not funny. I'm not turning around. Omg, Triss :heart: you came back." It just sucks that this is the high-point, and essentially the end of their on-screen relationship.

---------- Updated at 05:03 AM ----------

i hope the next patch fixes it but i'm not holding my breath.

I feel like this is something they could add really easily though. Like I know we talk about a lot of possible fixes on here and we probably don't understand the complexities of addressing some of these but this one seems pretty cut-and-dry. After the epilogue, add in a few more lines to each major character's journal entry. Obviously they would need a few different ones to account for all of the different endings but it might help provide a little bit of closure. :eek:

The first post on this thread is saying:
the whole point of this thread, by the way, is certainly not to criticize anything about Yen

Reading last 20 pages proves that hating/criticizing Yen is becoming a new standard here

I still support this cause and I'm voting for more Triss - but some of the comments here are just pure hate...

Reading last 20 pages proves that hating/criticizing Yen is becoming a new standard here

I still support this cause and I'm voting for more Triss - but some of the comments here are just pure hate...

I think all the post are civil here, we don't try to criticizing Yen, just share some information about Yen from POV of Team Triss :D

BTW, i plan to do another playthrough tonight. This time i choose to simulate Witcher 2 save, before i used save import
Is the Rose of Rememberance still present in Triss's house when i choose simulate Witcher 2 save ?

Choice i will make when talk to Voorhis
-Save Aryan
-Go with Roche
-Save Triss
-Save Sile
-Save Letho
-Save everybody ;)

Well this is also an open space to discuss any thoughts about the romances in general. People sometimes come on here to say why they prefer Yen or why they prefer Triss and sure the conversation wanders off topic at times but it always come back to the main purpose of the thread. We're just trying to keep the conversation going - I don't want people to be discouraged from coming on here and voicing their opinion. I never said I disliked Yennefer, just that I dislike her potential romance with Geralt. She's still a really cool character in her own right. In fact, I wouldn't mind some more Yen in the game too. :p

---------- Updated at 05:22 AM ----------

BTW, i plan to do another playthrough tonight. This time i choose to simulate Witcher 2 save, before i used save import
Is the Rose of Rememberance still present in Triss's house when i choose simulate Witcher 2 save ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Rose will always be there. Doesn't make any difference though :X she still just brushes it off and you never get to do anything with it.

No one is criticizing Yen in a hateful way any more than non Triss fans would criticize her. What the comments here about Yen are just opinions about whether that person liked Yen or not or how it is unfair/fair in comparison to Triss. We talk about Yen here because she is the other romance option, if Keira was a romance option than many people would talk about her and we use the other romance options to compare whether the content is fair or if it could be improved etc. Besides not many people here hate Yen, it is merely because of the arguments that Yen is Geralt's true love and that the game favors Yen as the romance option (the Yen content could also be improved) that some of us may take issue with, also i think a lot of us here would welcome more Yen with open arms (including me) as long as the game doesn't force flirting and people acting like they are together. Seriously lots of us would be left with a sour taste because of some things in this game that promote Yen and Geralt even though you can't change it through dialogue.

You are right in that sometimes it can be easy to turn constructive criticism into pure hate and there can be a thin line between that, but i know that everyone in this thread does not have that intention, every post about Yen has a message they are trying to get across that isn't Yen is (insert mean word here)......

Thank you guys for the replies - it was just a feeling from some "off topic" Yen vs. Triss posts again - I enjoy very much to read the suggestions how to improve the Triss romance inconsistency...I like Triss very much as a character and I want to see more scenes with her in the game

:victory:

Thank you guys for the replies - it was just a feeling from some "off topic" Yen vs. Triss posts again - I enjoy very much to read the suggestions how to improve the Triss romance inconsistency...I like Triss very much as a character and I want to see more scenes with her in the game

You're welcome :) I concede that sometimes it does go a little too far, too close to outright Yen-bashing. Those posts don't speak for the majority of us though. Anytime I mention Yen or something I don't like about her I try to give a reason to how it relates to the conversation as a whole. Besides, look at the size of this thread. It simply cannot stay on topic all the time.

I think all the post are civil here, we don't try to criticizing Yen, just share some information about Yen from POV of Team Triss
Some information about Triss from POV of Team Yen. There is seriously not enough Triss. I'm doing a second playthrough, going with Triss this time, but the game seriously is trying to pigeonhole me into choosing Yen. Know it's been discussed plenty in this thread alone, but it's a whole lot different experiencing it for yourself. As someone who is a big Yen fan, I find it highly annoying that Yen seems forced on me, when I started a second playthrough and decided to choose Triss.
Where is the rose btw? In her apartment in the Bits or the house in the square that got ransacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom