Recent content by ravenwood007

+
  1. R

[SPOILERS] Unseen Elder Encounter Disappointing?

Actually I have something against the music...and don't get me wrong, I enjoy it overall - even bought the soundtrack and would turn up it every once in a while. However I feel it almost suffers from too much variety in a way - probably because I'm spoiled by film scores and quite used to...
  2. R

There are soooo few sexual partners in B&W

You're correct. Yet still, I would argue what the average player generally wants and expects at the end of a plotline (be it a major one or a minor one) is a resolution favorable to all parties (who deserve it to different degrees), hence the concept of "the good ending" and its alternatives...
  3. R

There are soooo few sexual partners in B&W

That picture of the Duchess' bum is one of the highest-voted BaW-related thread on reddit - and one of the top replies unsurprisingly involves a complaint regarding the lack of opportunity to, say, hit it. Honestly, Geralt's here on a contract and the relationship's purely professional; asking...
  4. R

Is B&W's ending too 'Disney'?

Went back to the arena. One guy's crying just beyond the gates; the rest within the arena are generally groaning in disgust, probably by the stench. The corpses are dressed and look mostly like men - so probably civilians who perish during the attack. Still, I couldn't understand what the...
  5. R

Is B&W's ending too 'Disney'?

Are they not just burning the bodies of Bruxae and Alps from the attack on Beauclair? You gotta clean up somehow - and the arena's a good place to do it. Not sure how much that has to do with a happy ending or Syanna's guilt. ---------- Updated at 07:28 PM ---------- I find a "Disney" ending...
  6. R

Characters atfer the End of the Story (after Blood and Wine and Patch 1.21)

You can find Anarietta at the top of the palace, with Damien standing next to her. I've no luck finding Syanna so far. She's not in the room where she stays before the trial - and I couldn't find the playroom, which might no longer be accessible.
  7. R

[SPOILERS] Choices From The Main Game That Affect Corvo Bianco Ending

In case you haven't noticed, here's something slightly trivial yet also seems like a nice touch. I got Yen at the end. She spends the better part of the day bathing in the sun - but comes night she gets up goes to sleep in Geralt's bed. I wonder if there are more she would do - and what would...
  8. R

Caretaker is WAAAAAAAAY unbalanced

I think the issue with the battle with the Caretaker is its gamey-ness - it's like a QTE boss fight, there's not really any other feasible alternative in dealing with it. You run around and wait until he charges at you. When he does, you roll out of his way, jump back to score a few hits, roll...
  9. R

I know what really happened

On a slightly more serious note, I doubt whether it's still possible (or whether if it's CDPR's idea in the first place) to perfectly adhere to canonical timelines. Since the players are given the choice to significantly alter the outcomes of events that may have a direct impact on the state of...
  10. R

(Spoilers) From story perspective things that ``make no sense`` but you still liked them or disliked them.

That Geralt spends far too much of his time doing quests that are not tangentially related to finding Ciri or helping out his friends in need. Yes, Master Witcher, I know you gotta live and eat, and that 100 crowns guaranteed by Yen is simply not enough to get by - but still, why don't you just...
  11. R

Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

Well I guess this thread - as well as every participant of it, including myself - is very much embodying simultaneously two types of reaction and concern: a) "Phew...Thank God this didn't make it into the game - and it most certainly shouldn't." b) "Holy sh*t this almost made it into the...
  12. R

Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

I guess people are pissed over the fact that these "scrapped papers" did not stay scrapped on the writer's desk or even go straight to the writer's bin - instead they somehow went all the way into the recording booth, and that was pretty close to making it into the final release as lines of such...
  13. R

The best king for Skellige

Looking at all these endings in retrospect, I think the Nilfgaardian threat has certainly been overplayed. So in all possible scenarios I see Skellige being left to its own for now - and Cerys would be the ideal candidate to rule. Even if the Black Ones decide to turn their eyes to the Isles...
  14. R

The unfulfilled love between Yennefer and Ciri and an incomplete family

Regarding Yen, I think CDPR made a mistake - or a "creative decision", depending on how you see it. That decision seems to suggest Ciri, more of a plot device and less of a character, can only sustain no more than three relationships - with Geralt, who would provide parental, spiritual...
  15. R

Reason of State

My guess is the greatest patriot Temeria has ever seen has grown exhausted by the war - almost as exhausted as the Nilfgaardians. If the war drags on it's going to incur greater losses for both sides, and I'm sure they're fully aware of that fact. I wonder whether they have already reached an...
Top Bottom