Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

+
All of them were captured. That's why (in the books) the people call them Saint Philippa, Saint Margarita and so on... They are martirs

So?They all died of course(and Triss as well),but there's no indication in the books that they all died the same way Philippa did.

What loyalty should Yennefer have to the lodge anyway? They have screwed her over so many times, about time they get what's coming.

I can think of a few bits of dialogue from the game that were perhaps related to this cut content.

1. Philippa's conversation with Geralt about taking over Yen's place at the imperial court and even throwing Yen in the dungeon. In the present game no one says anything more about this. Perhaps in an early version of the story Yen makes her own plan to eliminate Philippa once Ciri is safe from the Hunt.

2. In the Witcheress ending the emperor says "Don't worry, I don't intend to have her pursued." If the early game script had him imprison/interrogate the Lodge, this would be more significant.

hehe...I just pray they don't do that kind of cut in expansion.
Like it or not,If you want tough choise and darker game.This is simply one way to go.
And for such thing I won't refuse cause it's in my concept of Witcher Series.

There are other ways to make tough choices and a darker game than changing the personalities of characters to make it dark and gritty. Even though Philippa can be ice cold, I can still understand why she does things the way she does, because she is just like that.

I also can't imagine that she would ever sacrifice Yennefer for any cause, she has way too much pride in her own kind for that. The Lodge was created to keep magic save and not destroy it. Philippa wants to replace Yennefer in Witcher 3, but for political ambitions.

Yennefer seems quite reckless in the game to find Ciri, but that's only looks like that. She never did anything without thinking about it first and she would never hurt or kill a single person for that matter. When Geralt meantions UMA, she tells him to get that thing no matter what, buy or kidnap him, but she doesn't say kill those who stand in your way, because she doesn't want that and she knows Geralt doesn't want that.

Yes, she stole a mask, but except for mannequins and a golem, nobody got hurt.
Yes, she caused a storm, but not near people, so nobody got even hurt a little. Ermion's druids were even close, so they could control the storm, of course she thought of that, it was planned all along. It was already havoc in that forest, not even animals were there anymore.
Yes, she defiled a garden, but nobody alive got hurt and the garden will regenerate. Skjiall was dead already.
Yes, she shut up that peasant in that inn, but she didn't kill him, just because he spoke ill of her.
Yes, she worked with/for Emhyr to whatever extent, but she never hurt or kill anyone while doing so.
Yes, she wasn't completely honest with everybody, but she had reasons for that (even though CDPR could have removed that as well).
When she was interrogating that ex-jailbird, she let him go afterwards, even though it would have been better to kill him, because he might tell the witch hunters their plan.

No matter what she did, she never risk once another life for her doings, in the books and games. The only one she ever asked for help was Geralt and that's because she knows she can count on him and because she knows, he would do the same for Ciri as she does.

For someone whose only wish was to create life, it's just nuts to assume that she is willing to sacrifice other lives for any cause.

Neither Geralt nor Yennefer would kill innocents for this and in particular not their own kind, not even strangers. Ciri would never forgive them for that, never.

I always say that Geralt and Yennefer are willing to kill for the sake of Ciri to show how determined and resolute they are, but I mean those who stand in their way to save Ciri. The Lodge doesn't stand in their way, on the contrary they also want Ciri alive, just for other reasons.

Even in the books the Lodge wanted to accept Ciri as an equal and moreover in the game.

And Philippa thinking she would be Emhyr's advisor? Very funny, she must have lost her mind.
of course she is lost her mind, another her plan failed

I also can't imagine that she would ever sacrifice Yennefer for any cause, she has way too much pride in her own kind for that. The Lodge was created to keep magic save and not destroy it. Philippa wants to replace Yennefer in Witcher 3, but for political ambitions.

The game even shows it.Philippa tells Geralt her plans and offers him to take Yen with him and live happily ever after.She doesn't even think of killing Yen,only keeping her in a dungeon.

Guys, lay off CDPR a bit. Scrolling through this thread one can find all sorts of comments on how stupid this dialogue is etc. This is the process of writing a story guys. You have bright days and ...not so bright days. In the end,things get scrapped out for better or worse. Every writer does it. GRRMartin, Sapkowski, Tolkien. Except you don't see the scrapped papers, they never make it to the final release of the book. When it comes to games on he other hand, one can find traces, forgotten/unfinished scripts and dialogues. They are nothing more though than "scrapped papers".

The game even shows it.Philippa tells Geralt her plans and offers him to take Yen with him and live happily ever after.She doesn't even think of killing Yen,only keeping her in a dungeon.
She never said directly i will keep Yennefer in dungeon, she said keping her in dungeon will be costly and will give wrong impression, how do we know that she is not saying that Emhyr will do it if she become advisor, she was in his dungeon for 2 years, and wouldn`t geralt react differently if he think that her threat is serious

I mean why would she kept Yennefer in dungeon if Yennefer is not interested to be emhyr advisor, can`t she just leave when Philippa became advisor, or does philippa want to be advisor by force,if Yennefer want`s to be Emhyr advisor than i`m ok with that scene, but if she not then scene don`t have much sense, does Yennefer even want to be Emhyr advisor ?

Last edited:
Guys, lay off CDPR a bit. Scrolling through this thread one can find all sorts of comments on how stupid this dialogue is etc. This is the process of writing a story guys. You have bright days and ...not so bright days. In the end,things get scrapped out for better or worse. Every writer does it. GRRMartin, Sapkowski, Tolkien. Except you don't see the scrapped papers, they never make it to the final release of the book. When it comes to games on he other hand, one can find traces, forgotten/unfinished scripts and dialogues. They are nothing more though than "scrapped papers".

I guess people are pissed over the fact that these "scrapped papers" did not stay scrapped on the writer's desk or even go straight to the writer's bin - instead they somehow went all the way into the recording booth, and that was pretty close to making it into the final release as lines of such calibre could get.

Which might have further added to my worries - that those who were in charge of writing quests and dialogues for Yennefer, those who should almost certainly have a good grasp of her character - had misinterpreted it so badly they believed lines as such could be feasible. Do some lines that actually got into final release, lines that in a way made Yen seemingly behave out of character or misrepresented her relationship with other characters (Ciri for example) a product of such misinterpretation?

Yes I'm more than glad they got cut. But I'm not as glad what this could suggest.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much - or am I?

Last edited:
Badmouthing CDPR because of cut content?

Some people really have issues. Unbelievable.

The problem is we don't know why it was cut in the first place.Because CDPR decided it was a bad idea?Or because they simply didn't have enough time to finish it?That's why we're criticising it so hard.We don't want it to be added back into the game.

---------- Updated at 04:11 PM ----------

I guess people are pissed over the fact that these "scrapped papers" did not stay scrapped on the writer's desk or even go straight to the writer's bin - instead they somehow went all the way into the recording booth, and that was pretty close to making it into the final release as lines of such calibre could get.

It definitely feels like it was cut in the last moment.This would explain why Emhyr and Philippa are hinting at Yen's hidden motives and why the Lodge's plotline goes nowhere.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much - or am I?

I think you are...overall I think that Yen was portrayed well in the game(not perfect but well). After all this is a different writer/writing team trying to follow Sapkowski's lead,it's not easy. IMO Triss's character was way more altered in the games(especially in the first two) than Yenna's.

I would want some Ciri-Yennefer dialogue/interaction though, I felt like somehow they were mere acquaintances. If any of them were cut off in the final release, I will be mad but this....this is fine with me.

So?They all died of course(and Triss as well),but there's no indication in the books that they all died the same way Philippa did.

They were murdered. That's for sure. I suppose that they were also tortured because you don't call someone "saint" if he or she hasn't suffered. It's the christian way.

Imo, the Lodge suffered the same fate of Sile.

I think you are...overall I think that Yen was portrayed well in the game(not perfect but well). After all this is a different writer/writing team trying to follow Sapkowski's lead,it's not easy. IMO Triss's character was say more altered in the games(especially in the first two) than Yenna's.

Yeah, as I said the rest of the game doesn't show this kind of behaviour in any way, so they probably came to the same conclusion as we do here, yet it is still sad that it was taken into consideration in the first place.

I would want some Ciri-Yennefer dialogue/interaction though, I felt like somehow they were mere acquaintances. If any of them were cut off in the final release, I will be mad but this....this is fine with me.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...en-Yennefer-and-Ciri-and-an-incomplete-family

They were murdered. That's for sure. I suppose that they were also tortured because you don't call someone "saint" if he or she hasn't suffered. It's the christian way.

They could've suffered in a different manner.The fact is only Philippa's fate is clear in the books.Everyone else's fate is a pure speculation.

They could've suffered in a different manner.The fact is only Philippa's fate is clear in the books.Everyone else's fate is a pure speculation.

Margarita and Sile were also called "Saint". That's for sure.. If the game's content is considered canon, Assire and Sabrina were killed in differentes situations but not in the witch hunt. Triss and Yennefer escaped.

The only doubt are Francesca and Fringilla.

Top Bottom