Caretaker is WAAAAAAAAY unbalanced

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caretaker is WAAAAAAAAY unbalanced

I have mastercrafted full griffin gear, sign intensity 195%, level 35, use a lot of quen, beat imlerith on the second try, beat the toad prince on the first try, cannot beat the caretaker. His health just regenerates constantly (bug?). Then he summons dead souls or something and his health just regenerates even more. Impossible. Waaaaaaaay unbalanced.

You nerfed igni so I can't burn him down, he un-summons yrden, aard doesn't work on him, axii doesn't work on him. WHAT THE FUCK CDPR???

You want everyone to use swords and have 300% attack power just do away with magic and the magic signs and just give us a sword and nothing else.

Sigh.... sometimes when he hits me he gets like a 1000 green healing points. How is that not a bug?

Caretaker is a tough opponent, but he is not unbeatable, it took me a while to figure him out. You must avoid being hit at all cost - his shovel restores his health when he hits you. Roll, roll, and more roll! Sometimes he calls souls of dead. When he summons them you must kill souls as quickly as possible - they restore Caretaker's health.

Caretaker isn't unbalanced he is tricky roll attack the souls he summons also attack him when he has shovel in ground with quen up it took me three tries the second was watching him attack the souls and regen then did a lot of running to observe him . When he crouches attack have quen up so you can take explosion . Then roll and attack souls if you don't get hit and minimize the souls he takes you can keep him from regenerating .

I cheaped him out by making him chase me around one of the fountains. None of his attacks could reach me, while I could igni him. Also, when he did his charge and AoE attacks, there were windows for me to land a few good hits. If I knew he was a relict then, I might have been able to poison him as well. The tricky bit was when he raised the dead, as I had to run out and kill some of the zombies.

I had a hard time with him for several hours but eventually beat him by just Whirling him to death when he was winding up for his attacks. Full stamina/adrenaline Whirl took him from about 3/4ths health all the way down to the end.

Ok, I beat the F*****R. But it took me like 10 times and I normally steamroll through the game.

I don't have a high DPS build so it was very tricky, he pretty much only takes damage from the silver sword and it went from 95% to 47% repair status in one 20 minute sitting!!! Lol.

This was litterally the hardest fight of the entire game for me, 10x harder than Imlerith. Dark souls hard. Don't get hit, time your blows, dodge, kill the dead spawn.... took me 20 minutes.

Also CPDR.... A spade that heals 10%???? Really? You made a SPADE the single best weapon in the entire game? What the F**K. I have mastercrafter griffin swords...but this spade is better because is heals 10%. Really? What the actual F.

I think the issue with the battle with the Caretaker is its gamey-ness - it's like a QTE boss fight, there's not really any other feasible alternative in dealing with it. You run around and wait until he charges at you. When he does, you roll out of his way, jump back to score a few hits, roll out again and repeat the process. Aside from that, throw Northern Wind at him and score more hits while he's frozen solid, but you only get to do it a couple of times before it goes to the old pattern again.

Right....

so now I'm at the 5 ghosts. You suck CDPR. YOU S*CK.

I have 195% sign damage. I'm level 35. Mastercrafter everything. They drop my quen shield in one blow. Then they kill me in 3 hits. Quen alternative mode doesn't heal me. I don't have a high dps build. I'm fucked. I was a big fan of your work, bought the expansion. You let me down. Don't even play on hard. If I wanted to play dark souls I would have played dark souls.

You have a high DPS build... good for you.... I'm an old schoold rpg gamer and I like magic. You fucked me up the @ss. Quen don't work. Igni don't work. axii don't work. Thanks CDPR. Really. Thanks alot. Thanks a F*****king bunch. Whoever play tested this SHIT for ballance and different builds should be fired.

Why even have signs in this game??? They don't do anything anymore after you nerfed them. You nerfed igni, thanks. Then you have a boss that un-summons yrden. Thanks. and of course axii don't work on bosses. Yeah.. thanks a efffing million.

Obviously the only build that works is 300% attack damage and bear armour. Thanks CDRP, yeah really thanks alot. It totally makes sense that that you give us all these great signs. They're really great.... really. NOT.

I don't know if I had a bug or if it is supposed to work like that, but the ghosts only attacked me, if I attacked them. If I didn't engage them, then only one of the ghosts attacked me. The others seemed to be kidazed.

@X

I think that's the way it's supposed to be. I'm trying to only awaken one at the time but even so it's still damn hard.

Pretty much the only viable tactic for my build is quen --> riposte --> strike 3 times --> roll away

I might be able to make it.... but it is SHIT game design. REALLY fucking SHIT game design.

One mistake and I'm toast.

Right....

so now I'm at the 5 ghosts. You suck CDPR. YOU S*CK.

I have 195% sign damage. I'm level 35. Mastercrafter everything. They drop my quen shield in one blow. Then they kill me in 3 hits. Quen alternative mode doesn't heal me. I don't have a high dps build. I'm fucked. I was a big fan of your work, bought the expansion. You let me down. Don't even play on hard. If I wanted to play dark souls I would have played dark souls.

You have a high DPS build... good for you.... I'm an old schoold rpg gamer and I like magic. You fucked me up the @ss. Quen don't work. Igni don't work. axii don't work. Thanks CDPR. Really. Thanks alot. Thanks a F*****king bunch. Whoever play tested this SHIT for ballance and different builds should be fired.

Why even have signs in this game??? They don't do anything anymore after you nerfed them. You nerfed igni, thanks. Then you have a boss that un-summons yrden. Thanks. and of course axii don't work on bosses. Yeah.. thanks a efffing million.

Obviously the only build that works is 300% attack damage and bear armour. Thanks CDRP, yeah really thanks alot. It totally makes sense that that you give us all these great signs. They're really great.... really. NOT.

I played Hearts of Stone separately (only character I had was a 47 Geralt in new game plus) on death march and it didn't seem too hard. I basically skipped all the side quests and just played the main one. I used the kaer morhen gear for most of it until I found the armor set for the heist, and the swords I used were just ones I found, they had no runes or glyphs. I definitely did not have 300% attack damage or bear armor.

For me this fight was the same as fighting Olgierd at the beginning of the game. You need to fight this like a witcher not a knight that just stands there trading blows with an enemy. Dodging and rolling are key here, to get behind a ghost then attack a couple times and then roll back to get away. Keeping quen up was a must for me in case I messed up one the rolls and got hit. The undying skill was also useful, trading adrenaline points for dying makes the game a lot easier. The other main thing for this part, is to fight at the back of the room away from the other ghosts, cus if you hit one of them they will attack you as well. That's pretty much all I got for advice on this part.

Everybody knows I like CDPR, but besides that they did a great job on creating new enemies in the expansion that you had to (at least for me) think about and create a strategy to kill them.

I don't know if I had a bug or if it is supposed to work like that, but the ghosts only attacked me, if I attacked them. If I didn't engage them, then only one of the ghosts attacked me. The others seemed to be kidazed.

Yeah thats true, they wont attack you 2v1 3v1 or sth if you dont atack them 1st.
The best way to win the fight is QUEN > HIT > ROL > QUEN
I was playing at highest game difficulty and pass the fight after 6 tryies
Also the rune in armor helps (30% chance to chargeback some % of dmg)

Im ashemed to admit that I used quen on him :D ... the sign I had never had to use before

Well, it blocks his regeneration when he hits you... the rest is just: Waiting for him to get stuck > get in 2-3 heavy attacks > retreat and dodge > kill ghosts > repeat

Indeed...

Caretaker only needs some patience and Quen... constant Quen.
I found Caretaker a bit worse - but my character relies on DoT from poison and signs, so healing is strong vs me. OTOH, all I had to do was put some DoT on the 5 ghost boss and run away until they all died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom