Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

+
Because it's...well...bad.Like really bad and immoral.It's kinda funny that Yen and Triss do such things,since they're supposed to be 'nice' sorceresses.

Bad? It's totally crap.

But what choices had Triss, for example?
If she didn't give info about the Lodge - global hunt for mages, including The Lodge members, because they are sorceresses.
If she gave info - probably hunt only for The Lodge. Greate choice?

In Yenn case - don't know exactly. If she really ready (still doubts) to betray brethren - it should be last resort with strong reason. (Ciri? Geralt?)

Welcome to witcher's world...

Last edited:
..So she is still willing to risk people's lives. Not willing to risk the lives of the unwilling however.

Those soldiers risked voluntary their own lives, nobody forced them to do that. She even told them that it is risky. They even knew what happened to the last ships, because that's when Pavetta died, it was a suicide mission from the start and all of them knew that.

She could easily lie to them and use them, but she didn't.

Mages are not witchers, they are way more arrogant, treacherous and they are very skilled at lying and hypocrisy.

I agree, some of the other sorcerers are like that, but my point is she isn't and not once she showed that attitude, neither in the books nor in the game.

Not all witchers are neutral-good.

Lambert seeked revenge in the game, killing a man who put his past behind and started a new life.
Letho was hired for assasinations for his own school.
There was also a known school in the books, which witchers were hired for ANY job.

Still Geralt refused to kill a known assassin in the books and you can do the same at the end of Witcher 2.

Philippa took Triss under her wing after Foltest banished her from Temeria.Triss repays her with betrayal.
Margarita was ready to accept the brat Ciri into her school and Fringilla helped Yen escape the Lodge and later voted for the brat Ciri.Yen repays them with betrayal.Game version of Triss and cut content version of Yen are sneaky,untrustworthy bitches.

Last edited:
I'm surprised mages have so many fans, even the nice ones regularly abuse their powers.

Mages are essential for the witcher universe. In-game dialogues with mages are hilarious, I want more of them. And the Thanedd Coup? The best chapter from the saga. Meeting the mages from Rissberg and Biruta Icarti's letter advocating a mass-murder? Best bits from the Storm Season.

Philippa is a lovely villain, amoral and treacherous, but also a potential ally. Radovid is a boring madman. Sorry.

I agree, some of the other sorcerers are like that, but my point is she isn't and not once she showed that attitude, neither in the books nor in the game.

Not all witchers are neutral-good.

Lambert seeked revenge in the game, killing a man who put his past behind and started a new life.
Letho was hired for assasinations for his own school.
There was also a known school in the books, which witchers were hired for ANY job.

And I agreed that Yen is better than most of them. Even though she can behave like them, see her chat with Sabrina Glevissig during the banquet. But she would not betray someone for personal ambitions or gain. But for Ciri? I am still not saying she would sacrifice Rita's life, only Philippa's.

Witchers might do something bad, but mages are more of a backstabbers and hypocrites.

Last edited:
This.

But killing few drugged and ugly idiots from Tir Na Lia is not enough...Blinky demands extra insurance - dead Rita, dead Fringilla...Hell, she will probably ask Geralt to kill Yarpen for her...Damn dwarf was unpleasant to her several times, iirc...

So what is it with your hate for Ciri and everything that has is linked to her concept?? You make sure every post of yours shows this, and I don't know if you want to be extra funny or is this just your thing? Care to elaborate?

So what is it with your hate for Ciri and everything that has is linked to her concept?? You make sure every post of yours shows this, and I don't know if you want to be extra funny or is this just your thing? Care to elaborate?
Hate? I don't know what hate is :D

Yes, I agree - Cirilla was a concept and symbol...Blinky is not a concept.

But she is not a topic here...This is about Yenn potentialy betraying Lodge members to help Blinky...And I think that Yenn did enough already...

And I agreed that Yen is better than most of them. Even though she can behave like them, see her chat with Sabrina Glevissig during the banquet. But she would not betray someone for personal ambitions or gain. But for Ciri? I am still not saying she would sacrifice Rita's life, only Philippa's.

Well, hopefully we will never know what got into CDPR there. I still think she wouldn't do that, it's just not her and I think the scene at the prison break in the game showed that she cares even for those maleficent sorceresses like Sheala.

If the Lodge's or in particular Philippa's intention were to harm Ciri, then she got my blessing to show the fury of a mother.

In a blinding flash materialized a transparent sphere, inside loomed a figure which was rapidly gaining form and shape. Dandelion recognized her immediately. He knew those black curls and that obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he did not know and had never before seen was her face. The face of Fury and Rage, the face of the Goddess of Vengeance, Destruction and Death.

The way I see it Yen has every reason to want vengeance against the Lodge:
-Philippa & co were half responsible for the massacre at Thanedd (and other Lodge members like Francesca were on the other side)
-The Lodge wanted to use Ciri to breed a puppet king,
-Philippa turned Yen's best friend against her
-The Lodge is responsible (as far as Yen knows) for assassinating two northern monarchs and framing Geralt for one of them
-Fringilla is associated with the Empire that held Yen prisoner for years (plus she stole Geralt for a while and Yen gets personally vindictive)
-Did I mention Yen has been a prisoner for years, with plenty of time to grow bitter?
-Wanting Rita dead might be going a bit too far, but Rita seems to be of one mind with Phil about plans for Ciri.

Also, it's astonishing that Triss doesn't want Philippa dead after Witcher 2. I can accept that maybe the witch hunts changed her mind, but the persecutions happened in reaction to the Lodge's activities.

42 pages and more than 400 posts about something that never made it to the final version of the game - probably for a good reason? Wow, guys, just wow... :blink:

Please, continue.

Nice observation. I was considering making this comment myself. It's rather remarkable that something so small triggered this much conversation, but we shouldn't be too surprised by that. . . .

42 pages and more than 400 posts about something that never made it to the final version of the game - probably for a good reason? Wow, guys, just wow... :blink:

Well I guess this thread - as well as every participant of it, including myself - is very much embodying simultaneously two types of reaction and concern:

a) "Phew...Thank God this didn't make it into the game - and it most certainly shouldn't."
b) "Holy sh*t this almost made it into the game! Almost! What were they thinking?"

...and at the end of the day it's because we care too so much, isn't it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom