Recent content by Vixraine

+
  1. V

Comparing TW3 and CP2077 played times

So, the argument that different play styles account for different speeds only really has merit if: a) You consider TW3 to not have any slow play styles, and b) The non-anecdotal CP2077 v TW3 stats (posted in OP) did not indicate that across all gamer types, completionist to casual, rushing vs...
  2. V

Nailed it.
  3. V

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

In all fictional dystopias, especially cyberpunk, the power structure is aligned against you at every level. I would argue this even further necessitates creating a story to experience in such worlds/environments that ends up in a different place than, 'Too bad, it's all the same and your...
  4. V

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

This is the best piece I've ever read on the subject. https://www.tor.com/2012/08/13/steven-erikson-talks-with-peter-orullian/ Here's the moneyshot:
  5. V

I appreciate that you've gotten a lot more time out of Night City. Have to admit I can't stay away from her for too long, and the brushtrokes they used to characterize the world just constantly vibrate through me like finally coming home. But the lack of choice-reactivity from the story, the...
  6. V

Comparing the average played time for all styles, especially looking at the players who considered themselves 'rushing' or 'leisurely' on their playthroughs, it starts to become apparent that in sheer content engagement The Witcher 3 is sporting around twice the engagement-time for players as...
  7. V

Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

All previously stated positions considered, this is something of an interesting dataset to look at. We can see that CP2077 compares pretty readily to more some of the longer scripted-experience type games (Hades, Nier:Automata), but starts looking shallow-by-half when compared to its nominal...
  8. V

Interview with Quest Design Coordinator Phillipp Weber

With people on the hunt for previous things CDPRdevs stated directly about the game development. This one seems ripe with details about the quest design teams/process, though the level of thought and care described here leaves me with more questions than answers regarding what happened with the...
  9. V

Why Gigs in Cyberpunk feels like a serious downgrade from Witcher contracts...

From last year, from these forums, from the Quest Design Coordinator: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/developer-spotlight-with-quest-design-coordinator-philipp-weber.11014292/ Sure sounds like the OP has the right of it, comparing Gigs/Street-Stories to monster hunting...
  10. V

BIG patch coming in 6-7 days

This is a fantastic response. I'm glad that plan on working and addressing the issues that are present.I'm also happy to say that even without that, every member of my household is currently playing the game (the other two not even liking these types of games usually), and absolutely loving it...
  11. V

Why are CDPR still advertising Witcher 3 using E3 screenshots/footage?

Well, actually, the overhaul of the website was less than a month ago. So that one at least was very, very deliberate.
  12. V

Why are CDPR still advertising Witcher 3 using E3 screenshots/footage?

It's a really underhanded thing to do if the review copies of the game are in fact the final ones. The official page for the Witcher 3 is positively littered with screenshots and video clips running as wallpapers which no longer actually represent how the game will look. It feels.. actively...
  13. V

The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

I keep coming back to it. The 35min Gameplay demo was put up less than 5 months ago. That was supposed to be the definitive representation of what the game would look like. No bullshot trailers, no CGI, a developer riding around in the gameworld and saying, 'Hey, look at this fucking awesome...
Top Bottom