Search results

+
  1. B

Registration, auto-patcher etc

Registration, auto-patcher etc Bought the game on launch but had the automated patcher problems others reported and also didn't really want to create a new W2 profile when I already had this one from the first game, I figured enough time has gone by now for everything to more or less settle...
  2. B

Re-buy as the enhanced edition or simply patch, which are you doing?

I can agree with that, I'm basically fortunate that I have the disposable income for this and I don't really think many people will be purchasing the game twice but seeing as I am in the position of being able too I figured it was really the only way I have to support these dev's.
  3. B

Re-buy as the enhanced edition or simply patch, which are you doing?

Re-buy as the enhanced edition or simply patch, which are you doing? Well, I was having a interesting conversation with a few friends the other night regarding “the state” of PC gaming, many of us agreed that PC gaming is in decline not to the point of extinction as several doom-monger articles...
  4. B

Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

Just discovered something odd, at a distance the textures don’t seem to display correctly and are partially transparent with strange highlights, looks like I will have to try a few different options as DTx5 is apparently not suitable, I did a quick test of DTx3 but it seemed to be the same.
  5. B

Yes it seems fine, I have a couple at the moment in the following structure:The Witcher\Data\Override\Badmagic_Geralt\filesThe Witcher\Data\Override\Badmagic_Triss\filesSo far all I tested was both Geralt and Triss face/hair colours + clothing but everything seems to display fine.***EDIT***Here...
  6. B

If anyone is interested I have been testing some simple re-colours of existing textures by just using the override folder structure that was used in NWN they seem to be working fine.I am just re-saving the copies of the new dds textures with the following settings: DTX5, ARGB, 8 bpp /...
  7. B

I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

I enjoy the game immensely even with the niggling bugs that people have reported and am very happy that this title is giving some of the more incredibly heavily advertised mainstream titles a run for their money not only in reviewer’s scores but from what I have seen in the majority of user...
  8. B

The Witcher and Feminism

I have to wonder why people think every female character in the game throws themselves at the protagonist, they don’t there are dozens of villagers and townsfolk that not only don’t throw themselves at him but more than a couple treat him with a feint politeness due to his nature and profession...
  9. B

People using Cheats?

That was my own initial reaction to the first discussion I read on it, I even asked if they had tried playing it without cheating and in fairness they did respond that they had and did enjoy it but for some reason they simply preferred using cheats. I admit I kind of shook my head at that...
  10. B

CD Keys in Canada

This does sound like it might be an issue; if you register the game you get access to extra sub-forums and from what I have read so far additional content, at the moment that’s only stuff like a min-pdf of 3 pages but I don’t know if registering is required for the dev sdk and mods they are...
  11. B

People using Cheats?

I didn’t really intend the topic to go in the way of online gaming hacks but it seems to have taken that path.I would be amazed if anyone tried to defend that, I know I wouldn’t but as I said, how do people feel about cheating in an SP game where the only person affected is the one activating...
  12. B

Can we get a few new wallpapers please!

These all look really nice, I cant post mine because I used some of the material from the art-book. I never could get the hang of using a tablet or mouse to paint or draw with the exception of texturing. :'(
  13. B

Sorry Witcher, I'm going with Hellgate London =\

Everyone has different tastes, after the closed beta then demo and on top of that the on-line fees for simple core content I cancelled my HGL pre-order.
  14. B

People using Cheats?

People using Cheats? So, I noticed a few days back in another forum that I use a thread from someone looking for cheats; the game had only been out for something like six hours so I had to ask myself (and them) did they even try playing the game without cheating?I used to be irate towards...
  15. B

First impressions

I saw this thread when you created it but I wrote it off after reading it and had no intention of replying, I see its been bumped though.In fairness you posted a rant which belittled the developers and the game, made many statements as facts which are little more than options on preferences.If...
  16. B

[GENERAL] Did you know you could do these things?

Odd, I played through it 6 times now looking for stuff and haven’t seen it, where did you find / receive it in the prologue?***EDIT***To avoid posting a spoiler in here you could use the following thread that contains spoilers.[Thread] Chapter by Chapter Spoilers *SPOILERS**END*EDIT*
  17. B

The Witcher in Ireland

You probably have this resolved now, sorry I didn’t see it earlier but just in case you’re still looking.Game BranchesDublin - 2 Dawson Street, Dublin (00353 16790366)Dublin - Unit 37 Liffey Valley Centre, Clondalkin, Dublin (003531 6239110)Dublin - Unit 37, The Square, Tallaght, Dublin (00353...
  18. B

Graphics in The Witcher

Ah, that explains it, sorry when I read that post previously I did not click on the mention of Bioshock.That game ceased to be an RPG for me as soon as I have played it for an hour or two, after the second play though just to see the alternate ending I doubt I will be loading it again unless I...
  19. B

Graphics in The Witcher

I admit, while recording with fraps my fps was anywhere from 20-30 but on my last run through I kept the fraps counter on display, as long as I was not recording I was maintaining 60-70 fps, I can only guess this is either v-sync or set in an ini file somewhere.I also totally agree that with any...
  20. B

Graphics in The Witcher

Everything at maximum, strange, I thought it was the animations you didn’t like? Getting back to the topic at hand though can you tell us what RPG looks better, I don’t remember seeing it but as we all know there things are subjective so it would be interesting to know what you think looks good...
Top Bottom