First impressions

+
The game runs smooth and flawless for me with the highest settings (all eye candy on) and in 1680x1050 wide screen resolution (see my Sig for computer specs), the loading times is just around 5-15 seconds. One thing that happens sometimes is when i shut down the game i get an error message that says that The Witcher exe has done something wrong.

Ceano said:
The game runs smooth and flawless for me with the highest settings (all eye candy on) and in 1680x1050 wide screen resolution (see my Sig for computer specs), the loading times is just around 5-15 seconds. One thing that happens sometimes is when i shut down the game i get an error message that says that The Witcher exe has done something wrong.
Aye. You shouldn't have shut down The Witcher! ;)

Guys that has to be a provocation. He did not register the game. You ask for specs guy doesn't answer. I mean, he wrote that stupid post just to piss you off. I have AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2 g RAM and GF 7600GS and game runs smoothly on almost max details. The conclusion is clear thenWe are not talking about the same game. If anybody have any problems I suggest reinstaling the system, remove all unnecessary shit from autostart and registry. And for god sake. Don't use Vista!

Summit said:
Guys that has to be a provocation. He did not register the game. You ask for specs guy doesn't answer. I mean, he wrote that stupid post just to piss you off. I have AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2 g RAM and GF 7600GS and game runs smoothly on almost max details. The conclusion is clear thenWe are not talking about the same game. If anybody have any problems I suggest reinstaling the system, remove all unnecessary shit from autostart and registry. And for god sake. Don't use Vista!
Just an FYI, those of us with Metaboli digital downloads are unable to register yet.

ioler said:
I suspected the replies would be just as defensive and condescending.
He IS an Idiot or troll...or both.The replies he was given were honest and much more polite than he deserved, given the way he decided to voice his "opinion".Still hasn't even had the decency to post his system spec's, which at this point I wouldn't trust anyway.\And why the hell is he playing on HARD and complaining that there ARE hard mobs to be dealt with????

Bah i love the game to be honest and well unlucky if you do not like it! As for a comment regarding NN2 and just static fighting with no real input i find that rather strange to be honest that game for me was a click fest like no other. Pause issue commands pause situation changes adapt.As for the loading times on my Rig they are quite large loading times at least 20secs or more but i cope to be honest i havent even done my usual optimisation that i do for new games because i got so addicted i could not stop playing lol....When i get home today i will Defrag (Sigh) and have a look at my settings on my GPU im actually considering getting the latest Driversfor this game to see if i get a GREAT performance boost. I use old Drivers for my 7800GTX because this particular Driver runs Shadows a lot better.

Okay...I had some troubles in the beginning because everytime i tried to start the witcher i had the same error"put in the dvd",but that's solved right now.I have a system that's quite similar to most people around this forum(Q6600,2GB Ram,8800 vidcard)and i didn't notice ANY crashes untill know,and i'm deep into ACT II....So i don't understand why people are bashing the dev-team.They can't help it that Vista and nowadays hardware are still bugged with diseases....Only flaw for me is the load/saving time,but hey time for me to fetch a drink and get me a sigaret,cause i don't want to miss a thing...Hell i even didn't use the pause game function yet

robosatan said:
Nice to see you took the time to reply, but if you hadn't noticed one of the CD projekt's public relations people have taken the time to answer your post and asked for some info.
No. He belittled my opinion and person. I recommend CD Projekt fire that person immediately - I know if I talked like that to a customer at my company, that's what I would get.

Hey, do you think you could use this guy's posts as alchemy ingredients? They seem to contain a lot of vitriol.

I saw this thread when you created it but I wrote it off after reading it and had no intention of replying, I see its been bumped though.In fairness you posted a rant which belittled the developers and the game, made many statements as facts which are little more than options on preferences.If you had simply stated you were not happy about the game and stated the same reasons as your opinions people probably would have taken your post more seriously.As for the response, after your post I thought they went out of their way to ignore the more obtuse elements of your initial post and ask for more detail in exactly the issues you were having.Seeing as your second and now third posts still haven’t bothered to give any details as to the issues you’re having or what your specs are you can’t really be expecting any help with your technical complaints.Or as is more often the case, if you want to upgrade your in game settings then upgrade your components, I have slightly higher than recommended specs and I have none of your complaints so it leads me to guess (what with you not responding with the information) that your components do not meet requirements for the higher quality settings.And to paraphrase, overall your posts in this thread are extremely bizarre, 1/5 from me.

ioler said:
ioler said:
Nice to see you took the time to reply, but if you hadn't noticed one of the CD projekt's public relations people have taken the time to answer your post and asked for some info.
No. He belittled my opinion and person. I recommend CD Projekt fire that person immediately - I know if I talked like that to a customer at my company, that's what I would get.
Normaly I wouldn't say a word, because I don't realy care what you think, but you mess up this forum with your childish, boorish and very silly posts. I don't want to offend u, but you have to understand that this game and this forum is made for people representing higher level than yours.. So please If you don't have anything constructive to say just shut your mouth up and only read other people posts or leave this forum for good and I can even wave you for goodbye

ioler said:
ioler said:
Definitely a provocation. No doubt about it

ioler said:
ioler said:
Your mother sucks dwarf cock.

Now now children, this is not a topic where you are free to barge in and insult me as you please. The game is rated M, so in all fairness you should not even be posting here.

Actually, I think we should all barge in and insult you as we please. If you have the right to spout your misinformed opinion about the game and insult it and other people with no back up to your words then we definitely have the right to give you our opinion on you.Hell, I might even give you a reason - you're stupid.

ioler said:
Minute+ loading times.
This depends on your system but ive seen other people have this issue
huge memory leak that forces me to restart every 30 minutes or so.
There is something possibly wrong with your system, not heard this as a common issue
Completely unoptimized - this one seems to be a standard issue with european-made games. I wonder why? Furthermore, it's an engine by Bioware... how did you manage to bloat it up so badly? The performance of this game is so poor that even as an avid gamer, I find it extremely difficult to keep playing it with a system that should be more than capable of handling it on medium settings. Developers, learn from the Source engine.
Again, a non issue for me, what are you system specs? that would help
Combat system is poor, at best. You really should have thought it through.
But in what way poor?
Character talents are also weird. For example, the beast lore talent is retarded and now that I already took it, I can't get rid of it and put it to better use. Same thing with the fighting talents.
you make the choices, you have to live with them
Thanks for adding Shani's house. It made me tear out my hair in frustration. 1 minute to get in, few seconds of dialog, 1 minute to get out. Repeat ad infinitum until I got past the old woman by pure chance of luck.
bribe her
Inconsistency with difficulty and pacing. Good luck killing the Beast on hard or getting very far in the swamp.
a few tactics on here to help with that
Inconsistency in Journal & Dialog. I ran so many missions in the Temple Quarter that I completely lost track of why I was investigating these people.
I had to stop in the Inn and read carefully in my journal, quests, characters logs for a good 10mins to remember what i was doing and why, as i feel it should be, would you rather have only the find my lost boot, kill 20 of these type quests? Yes its tricky to keep track but it just makes me want to replay it the minute ive finished!
Overall an extremely frustrating experience, 2/5 from me. I hope you follow up with support and extra optimization because in its current form, I just can't get myself to play it anymore..
A shame, but you know, you could post your specs and ask for help/advice

After seting graphic to medium quality in restarting my computer my loading times became exeptable, still encounter occasional CTDs, like every 4-5 hours, so no big deal. The game is great.

My opinion: This game is too good for some people ......And some people are a pain in the ass .Even if the game is good they still need to sh*t on itP.S please dont tell me tht Oblivion is the best ::)

PowazfromRivia said:
P.S please dont tell me tht Oblivion is the best ::)
Well they are quite different games even though belonging in the same genre. Oblivion is an open end RPG and the Witcher, albeit full of side quests, remains linear. They both offer a different experience. I believe Oblivion is the best open end cRPG out there, equal only to Morrowind. The Witcher is becoming for me one of the best linear cRPGs I have played in the last years. Worthy competitors? Hmm, maybe NWN2: MotB (only because it's so very epic) and Planescape:Torment.

ioler said:
SQUEEEL, REEEEEK, OINK OINK
Quit your jibba jabba foooool!Do you meet the games requirements?Minimum requirements:
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
  • 1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
  • 128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
  • 8.5 GB available hard drive space
  • DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
  • DVD-Rom
Recommended requirements:
  • Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
  • 8.5 GB available hard drive space
  • DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
  • DVD-Rom
...or are you one of theses 1d10t's that buys a game and asumes it'll run on your spectrum +2
ioler said:
If you have vista - you need install fix from Microsoft, to prevent memory leaks. It's not game, it's vista. Too much quests? Allright dude, go back to Diablo. This type of game clearly not suite you. Too bad. For the specs... I have Athlon x2 4400+ 2gb of ram and gforce 7900GS ... and game goes perfectly smooth on MAX details. So don't give that crap about 'poor optimization' to us. This game is FAR better optimized than NWN2 for example.
Optimized? hell yea! its very cleaverly optimized too... Here is my main specs...Case: Antec 900 Tower Case 500w (Superseded by this link)Motherboard: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2CPU: Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.00GHz|1000MHz FSB|512KB x2 Cache|Socket 939RAM: Kingston 4x512mb (2gb) 2x Matched Pairs|DIMM 184-PIN |PC3200|400MHz|ECC|unbuffered HDD:- Main Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM - Drive 2: Maxtor Diamondmax 21 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM- Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 50GB ATA-133 (Superseded by this link)SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series 7.1GPU: HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro|ICEQ 3 V2 TURBO SILENT Heatpipe|512MB GDDR3|TV-Out/Dual DVI|PCI-EPPU: BFG Ageia PhysX AcceleratorI am able to run the game at full whack, but it does crash once in a while.... now If you just plop the game CD into your CDROM drive, it'll load up the games run menu....now, click on "readme" and you'll see in there somewhere is the recomended game setting for different system.. Including the link to the "vista" issue, how helpfull. I set mine up "as instructed in the ever-so helpfull readme file supplyed with the game" and all my crashing went away... and it runs smother than a kashmira codpiece.

Top Bottom