Search results

+
  1. E

[EPILOGUE] Alvin is the Grand Master?

I think you completely misunderstand me, Mothra. I hate that Hollywood crap where they explain everything away as if we're all idiots. It drives me crazy. I like ambiguity. But... an artist has to know how to use ambiguity, the artist has to understand the audience's mind. And always there're...
  2. E

[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

Photoleia:I think you're right in thinking that it'd be in the best interest of the people of Vizima and Temeria for you to kill Adda. Not because she's especially susceptible to being re-cursed (it seems to me that's like saying that because Person Z gets hit by lightning twice then that makes...
  3. E

[Act V] Accessing Inventory

I don't consider this to be a spoiler, but important: BE CAREFUL. So far as I know, the Fence doesn't stay. Deal with Kalkstein and whoever plays quartermaster for pro-Order people (haven't played that thread, yet, so I don't know who the characters would be in that situation; I'm guessing the...
  4. E

So... is Kalkstein a human or a "non-human"?

Interesting. Though if the author or the developers chose that name deliberately... not sure what kind of high significance "limestone" would have to them. Hmm... .The 'Jewish' connection, anyhow, obviously fits in well with the whole species-vs.-species atmosphere in Vizima... or racism if you...
  5. E

De Vries Extract

I, too, sort of found this potion disappointing, since I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting for a situation in which I would encounter hidden or invisible creatures and therefore have to use it.Never happened, oh well.Maybe next playthrough I'll experiment a little with it and see if it...
  6. E

Fighting Javed before Swamp Tower

By the way, the oddities of "New Raymond" can be subtle, at first, but if you look hard...Look at his feet, especially. Look at those feet!And you thought the pointy hat was odd, didn't you?No, no, no, that was the normal Raymond.
  7. E

Gifting Fisstech? [Spoilers within]

You're right, Seeker. Give me a few months and I'll be hankering for more.I really think part of what adds to the replay value here is all the little things, like the little comments that people make, both adults & children (I made a list of my favorite ones, actually, just because I liked...
  8. E

[ACT II] Warning, everyone: Don't drink with Thaler.

It's all relative. It's not really cheating if you think it ought to be allowed, or if it seems that the developers purposefully provided ethically questionable opportunity/tactic/action X for purpose Y, or if the narrative or the character of the person you're dealing with seems to justify it...
  9. E

Killing the Beast

Yeah, the first time I went through this, I found it impossible, partly because I didn't know that Abigail was unkillable. I was trying to protect her and keep her alive (like Vesna Hood, hell was she annoying, but at least it was a [rare] challenge).So... once I found out that I didn't have to...
  10. E

Eh...Assuming that the Grand Master is Alvin -- which seems to me almost a certainty, now that I've thought about it (it is strange that I hadn't thought much of the 'coincidence' of the amulets, I sort of just figured, "Oh... interesting. He had an amulet like Alvin. So he was another Alvin...
  11. E

:help: So I just beat the game, what now?

Huh? So what the heck did you expect? Is this the first non-interactive CRPG you've ever played? Just like books, films, and records... games don't continue after they end.Were you looking for purchasable extensions?EDIT: Oh, yeah: I forgot about Diablo 2, which lets you start over from your...
  12. E

It's an interesting idea, considering that the Alvin thread really is not followed up on. (The "Alvin illusion" in the ice-lands really is next to pointless.)Until the medallion was discovered: I had the impression that the Grand Master's visions of an icy cataclysmic future were just delusions...
  13. E

As of this date: Four thousand, three hundred thirty seven posts by Flash on a forum concerning a computer game.
  14. E

Gifting Fisstech? [Spoilers within]

Now that I've finished the game: I see what you mean.
  15. E

Who did you give Alvin to?

Hey, that's he! No matter how sensitive I might seem (ahem)... . (Look at the symbol! The symbol! It has an arrow!)Do I need to post a picture of myself as proof, or something? True. End of game spoiler: Ahuh. Child-support, man. It's a killer, I hear.Thankfully I don't have any rugrats of my...
  16. E

[ACT II] Warning, everyone: Don't drink with Thaler.

Hey! But that's cheating! :-)
  17. E

Who did you give Alvin to?

Maybe, but... face it: Alvin needs a mother (Geralt, after all, can't take care of him), and Shani and Triss are the only two women Geralt has a history with and can therefore 'trust'... well.. unless you include Turuviel, I suppose, maybe, but... we don't meet her until later on, and... she's...
  18. E

Eccentric, or dumb? We're led to assume that he's a genius (he intuited the existence of atoms, after all!), so in exchange for that he could very likely be absentminded -- we're given evidence of that, as well . . . as well as some carelessness about whom he deals in order to obtain what he...
  19. E

So... is Kalkstein a human or a "non-human"? After all: he was also the only non-elf/non-dwarf living in the non-human district.Moreover, and this is the part that I don't understand: Why is Kalkstein in Old Vizima?And please: nobody say because the gamer needs him.More rational for...
  20. E

[Act V] Accessing Inventory

My main reason for resurrecting this thread is to say that I totally agreed with Seramiran's post.(And: I also have to thank Justme for the mod link. I find it really helpful, since I've soon run out of space for my alchemical items, and I've started having to drop some. Whenever I've gotten to...
Top Bottom