Search results

+
  1. D

We want to hear your questions!

I would like to know if every mode of gaming in the P&P RPG will have equal footing. I.e. will it be possible to play in both the physical world and the net and will they have different UIs?
  2. D

Fun But Easy Books?

John Flanagan has the the 'Ranger's Apprentice' series. Young Adult books but well written and pretty short with no none volume being over three hundred pages. Reminds me a bit of the first Earthsea book. Then there is the wonderful heist books of Scott Lynch in his 'Gentleman Bastard' series...
  3. D

Movies / TV Shows!

Been watching TV series since forever. Always stumped if confronted by open ended questions since there are literally a hundred series that I could recommend without reservation and the specific order is fluid in the context of my current mood. I'll usually answer with a question or two of my...
  4. D

Now playing [music]

Been listening the crap out of the limited edition 'The Hunter' by Mastodon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAihDAJX8Ow
  5. D

Playing other games

To while away some time I'd play Divine Divinity and Divinity 2: DKS (both aRPGs with a difference), Amnesia: The Dark Descent (really scary survival horror for most, just look at some YouTube videos of people freaking out) and Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter (real time tactics...
  6. D

Playing other games

Been doing the Corpse God's work for a while now. WH40K Space Marine is effin' great.
  7. D

Anyone played Mount & Blade or Magicka

Played Mount & Blade and Warband pretty intensely for a while. Great tactical sandboxed RPG. The Modding scene makes for great replayability :)Recently played The Sims Medieval and enjoyed it very much. Hard to pin the genre down except it is in the sim/adventure/rpg vicinity. It's all about...
  8. D

Playing other games

I've played DeathSpank on the console. And it's a good solid aRPG experience. And as I'm a firm believer that the greatest humor is from the navel down I'd not call it puerile :)
  9. D

Playing other games

For the extra game I'd go with Divine Divinity without hesitation. Drawing any real similarities DD and Diablo in the same sentence does DD a great disservice ;) Both may be ARPGs but while DD opens with a major dungeon it opens up in a major way after that./Dan
  10. D

Playing other games

One of the older games I play regularly is the 1998 'Myth II: Soulblighter'. You are in control of a small to smallish number of characters in a real time tactical situation. Some missions in the campaign are defense with short prep time. Other include special team special ops, last stands...
  11. D

Playing other games

I remember all the Settlers games as insane resource hogs :) A bit in to the games you could quite easily make your favorite hot beverage and a sandwich while it grindingly simulated away without feeling much of any stress of missing anything much. Just as one upgraded to a computer that was...
  12. D

Playing other games

Played a bit of DA2 too. Doesn't really feel like a triple A big studio title since they reuse dungeons and houses right off. And they borked the release master DVD. Makes it feel cheap. Overall vibe is average to good with some grand moments and writing./Dan
  13. D

Playing other games

The mention of Mirror's Edge made me think of the cult game Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Golden Oldies: Populous, Lemmings, Syndicate Wars, Fantasy General, Dungeon Keeper .../Dan
  14. D

Playing other games

While I understand the question as mainly rhetorical I must say I would have missed a lot of RPG goodness if I had not had the luck of playing the Ultima and Wizardry series, Demons Winter, System Shock, Darklands, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Temple of Elemental Evil and Divine...
  15. D

Playing other games

Played Undying back in the days. Great experience with sound, art and story. The HUD was a bit distracting in a horror/survival game but one was used to that GUI element due to the Doom series, Heretic and Hexen. Other horror games I have fond memories of are 'Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of...
  16. D

Playing other games

Latest games for me:Amnesia: The Dark Descent - A really well made horror game from Frictional Games. The designers have been doing this genre before with the Penumbra series and they have really thought it through and taken reasoned user opinions in to consideration. It's a top notch indie...
  17. D

Now playing [music]

Thank God For Sending Demons - Me And My ArmyContemporary Swedish pop from Kleerup who has done great sons in cooperation with now old-timer Cyndi Lauper and the fabulous Robyn :) Will listen to whole album, it might become my up tempo summer car album./Dan
  18. D

Playing Classic RPGs

Earlier discussion suggesting games to play after Witcher:http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24952.0/Dan
  19. D

Now reading [books]

Read the first two Darth Bane books already. Actually good books. The trick with franchise books is knowing the writers. Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole for example are as close to a sure thing there is with the US writers. Closest equivalent in choosing to watch a movie based on actors would...
  20. D

Now reading [books]

Just dipping in to the Star Wars universe by reading Death Troopers. A decent horror book but the use of Han and Chewie bummed me out a bit. IMO a blatant concession to the fan base as well as completely unnecessary. Bought a shopping bag full of Warhammer Fantasy that I'll dive in to. I can...
Top Bottom