Search results

+
  1. K

Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

i cant on that computer, its partitioned with a very small ammount of space just for the OS. the default folder puts it on that drive which doesn't have room to put the game on itoh, and if this new drive im getting (sent old one back) gives the smae error can i just ignore it then copy the file...
  2. K

it is a new dvd drive i just bought, maybe its defective. I tried installing an older game and it gave me a cab file error too. i then installed the older game on the old cd drive in the computer and it worked fine. so im guessing ya, its the dvd drive since it worked before. im sending it back...
  3. K

hmm read the install problem post above but it seems to be about mostly patching. Im having trouble just installing the game, enhanced edition. I installed it just fine a little while back on my newer laptop. Ive been playing it for a few weeks now. I went to install it on my older AMD based...
  4. K

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

really? the only way its usefull is wasting time and money with potions? theres gotta be a spellor something you can use regularly to make it worthwhile. the fire spell works for the strong style right?
  5. K

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

just got to the point where you get silver weapons. Looks like i have to work on upgrading similar styles to the regular steel weapons, seems like a waste of points to me.onething though. i noticed t he silver strong a nd fast have unique categories in them. strong has a line that does dmg when...
  6. K

[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

didn't know there was a whole thread on this, lol. Ah well, even if she is bad the townspeople were worse thats my view. Plus she gave you some tail. her card was kinda primal and odd looking though, all naked and smeared in blood.
  7. K

[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

pretty new to this game, picked up the EE a littlewh ile back and finally getting cracking on it. digging it so far, but its a bit confusing, not much direction on the various systems like alchemy, weapon forging, ect. anyway wrapping up the first major quest with the witch where i chose to turn...
  8. K

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

that clears it up, tnx much man
  9. K

[ACT I] She's no early Bird (Vesna)

i didn't see this thread.. and even after flipping through it every post seems to be about her bugging and not showing up, im trying to figure out where the mill itself is
  10. K

ahhh, ok that had me very confused. so if its one that will unlock a skill it just does it automatically, an there ARE other ones that just do talent points in general instead then, right?
  11. K

WHAT skill??? thats what im asking. im getting that thats what you guys are saying it does, but it does no such thing. I make the potion, drink it then go to rest and it just gives me a regular bronze point i cant put it into any of the skills that say they 'require a mutagen'
  12. K

[ACT I] She's no early Bird (Vesna)

hmm wheres the mill im suposed to meet the barmaid at at the end of the shes no early bird quest? she says to meet her with a bottel of wine at sundown (if its already dark do i just wait till the next day?) at the old mill but i dont know where that is
  13. K

hmm i dont get it then, what skill does the frightener potion unlock it seems to just give me a generic bronze skill i dont see a special skill it unlocks
  14. K

hey guys finished up the rpg i was playing so really getting going on this game now. kinda a bit confusing, i wish it had a manual instead of all the extras the EE came withanyway im runnin around the first town doing quests for the priest and some side stuff. 2 questionsi dont get the mutagen...
  15. K

Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

so is that all their good for, selling? I dont see a point in using them in actual combat, isn't the sword always better?
  16. K

Additional secondary weapons (dagger, axe)

still early on the game but glancing at the http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Gameplay_Quick_Guide (not very usefull IMO) it mentions that most of the actual swords in the game aren't very good.. should i just stick with the original sword i get?actually my main question is the 2ndary weapons.. like...
  17. K

thanks that clears it up quite a bit. Im going to be more melee oriented so i'll probably get the shield one (quen) and the pain causing one.. yrden id like some clarificcation on the improved yrden and axil spells too, its not really clear on what they do.. i think yrden just changes it from a...
  18. K

at my first lvl up and im confused on how the magic works in this gamelike with aard, i start off with lvl 1 but theres above each lvl a student, aprencice, ect lvl, are those only if you want to use the powered up version? can you just get the regular spell, or is it required to get the...
  19. K

crashing with xps m1710, win xp

you know what.. i think its simply a heat related issue. The fact that it just shuts off instead of actually crashing and tells me the system overheated makes me think its just heating up too much when playing the game. I havent played much games on it lately except for warcraft and even that i...
  20. K

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Blood Revival Patch

so the EE doesn't come with it then i guess?
Top Bottom