Search results

+
  1. 227

3 little known games that you love and would like to be better known by sharing

It's hilarious to me what some of you think is "little known," but then, I've spent three years digging into some seriously unknown games, so my frame of reference is totally skewed. Lucah: Born of a Dream The best soulslike combat system I've ever seen. It looks totally incomprehensible...
  2. 227

Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

Magically karmic: All of those scalpers who gobbled up the custom Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X to resell at a huge markup will be left playing an inferior version on day-1 (or close to it) if the rumored November release date for the new consoles ends up being accurate. There's no fire hot enough...
  3. 227

🍺Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic

Eulogy: The original Hairy Bear was filled to the brim with stuff. Some of it was funny. Some of it was horribly embarrassing. Most of it was warm and fuzzy stuff involving people I very much miss. I would have kept that thread open for posting until its size destroyed the site and warped the...
  4. 227

Studio update on COVID-19 situation

Glad to hear that you're looking out for your people. And hey, maybe the infrastructure put in place to work around COVID-19 will minimize some of the uglier aspects of crunch in the future by allowing parts of people's work to be done from home even in more normal times. It'd be cool to see at...
  5. 227

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

I liked it. The pacing was weird and so much time was devoted to setting things up for later that surprisingly little happened to push the plot forward, but it was charming and stupid. Less addictive than Carnival Row, but perfectly adequate TV fluff nonetheless. The "Marvel movie" of...
  6. 227

Cyberpunk 2077 Soundtrack: Not a Fan

Rock has cross-pollinated so many different genres that it's basically meaningless as a descriptor anyway. What I want to know is if they're obtaining the rights to the songs they'll be using or if the soundtrack will ultimately have to be replaced in 5-10 years when the rights run out. It'd...
  7. 227

Cdpr wants to make unkillable children in cp2077.

Isn't that kind of the point, though? NPC mortality isn't a feature, it's a consequence. Accidentally hitting a kid with minigun fire in the original Fallout is a punch to the gut. Shooting a random person in The Outer Worlds is rarely worth making everyone hostile and potentially losing out on...
  8. 227

The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

I've used the original Gamemaker Studio (version 1.4, according to the icon) that has a lot in common with 2.0, and it's really flexible so long as you're working with 2D. Undertale was made using it, as well as a bunch of other games in all kinds of genres. Once you get the hang of coding in...
  9. 227

Disco Elysium

It took me about 20 hours to finish almost all of the tasks and explore most dialogue branches, but I'm a fast reader and was using a program to speed up the game whenever there was a lot of walking around or an unskippable cutscene. Not a fan of the ending. I got a really good variant from the...
  10. 227

Disco Elysium

I went all-in on the first two rows, 5-5-1-1. Drugs are basically consequence-free and tend to make you stronger physically, so putting a couple of skill points into your endurance can offset the health hit and make physical skill checks possible (especially combined with clothing bonuses). One...
  11. 227

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to Stadia!

Okay, so I thought of a silver lining here. If Google abandons Stadia as quickly as their other services and Cyberpunk 2077 is popular on it (which seems inevitable), an entire generation could lose their purchased copies of 2077 and be loudly turned off of this cloud gaming fad before other...
  12. 227

Matrix 4 in the works [SPOILERS]

As much as I love inflicting Jupiter Ascending on the unwilling, a Wachowski hasn't made a good movie since V For Vendetta. And the latter two Matrix movies really... tried some stuff, bless their hearts. Then again, Keanu signed off on it, and he's pretty good about picking roles these days...
  13. 227

I wasn't saying it did. Just that the price of internet in many places corresponds to the feasibility of buying something that doesn't have extra points of failure. Stadia doesn't stand a chance for a litany of reasons, but I don't doubt that it'll sign exclusives and take as many games down...
  14. 227

It's not an aversion to change. "Play games like you can now, only worse and with more restrictions" is just a hard sell. Especially when the company backing it refuses to make guarantees about the service's longevity and has a storied history of suddenly pulling the plug on anything that isn't...
  15. 227

More popular than the witcher?

Games don't sell entirely on their own merit, but largely reflect the reputation of a studio's previous title. Considering how the public took to The Witcher 3 and its expansions, this game is destined for some stellar early numbers. "In the end" is trickier, however, because long tail sales...
  16. 227

Post-game content

I think this would be the most logical use of braindance. Imagine: the game ends, and if your V survived it, they go into a braindance to experience the (playable) memories of someone who took on the missions you passed up. At least, any that don't revolve around V specifically. That way, V's...
  17. 227

"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

Whenever new video is press-only, everyone totally understands that the game is subject to change, but whenever a change turns out to be more restrictive than expected, that flies out the window in favor of "but they saiiiiiiiiid!" I understand the disappointment, but this is exactly why CDPR...
  18. 227

Switcher is coming in 2019!

Various details from this Eurogamer article: - The download is ~32 GB - No cross-saves - 540p in handheld mode, 720p docked (with dynamic resolution enabled) The more I think about it, the smarter a move this seems. Technical challenges of the port aside, there's really nothing like it on the...
  19. 227

The girl with the bulge

Y'all focusing on dicks. Meanwhile, I can't get over the possibility of jaundice. What could the 16 flavors possibly be? Is the straw included? Is ChroManticore a sly Witcher reference? What kind of cut-rate marketing doofus would pair a yellow-haired model with a yellow background? Why is...
  20. 227

Switcher is coming in 2019!

Oof. Awful. Also, off-topic. I demand an immediate self-ban. On topic: does the port use dynamic resolution scaling like on the Xbox? Watching at 1080P, the lack of sharp edges suggest it's being upscaled to 1920x1080, and 15 seconds in you can see everything suddenly get less blurry. It looks...
Top Bottom