Good?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Refund pre order and wait for stadia.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I would love to see what Stadia can become. Google is disrupting the gaming industry, and that is always good for gamers. My internet/bandwidth ain't gonna be a problem since The Netherlands has the best internet in Europe. My only concern is latency.

I see that this is a kinda hot topic..

what i dont get is that people already have made up their mind about stadia when they not yet know what Stadia will do. How they going to stream it. what it will cost.

i think it would be Amazing!!! if!! i can play my CP game (i bought on GOG ) via Stadia on max settings RTX on 60Hz... i can play it on my TV and my computer.... and i could do simple stuff on my tablet. maybe set out some gigs that my team could do for me... for when i am at work..

what i dont get is that people already have made up their mind about stadia when they not yet know what Stadia will do. How they going to stream it. what it will cost.

I mean, there is info out on there on how it will work. The concept isn't new either. So it's not a leap to look at the way similar services have approached the concept and extrapolate it to Stadia.

I think the bulk of the backlash comes from fears of where it might drive gaming down the line. If a person does not like the implications of the concept they would not want it to replace "traditional" gaming. I find it highly unlikely this would happen, for a long list of reasons. It feels more likely it would end up as an additional option on top of the status quo. I can certainly understand the perspective of people looking at it with apprehension though.

It would probably get better reception if the purchasing of games via the service wasn't tied to the service itself. My understanding is when you buy a game via Stadia you're locked into playing it via Stadia. If, for whatever reason, you lose access to the service (connection related issues, end your subscription, the plug is pulled, etc.) you lose access to any game purchased through it. The service would be met with far less apprehension if this were not the case. Unfortunately, separating the two presents several... challenges. I'd think all of them could be navigated but don't think it's a realistic expectation.

@CDPR THANK YOU SO MUCH for releasing the game on Stadia! I don't care about consoles, I don't care about Windows PCs but I really care about Cyberpunk. I used to play Cyberpunk 2020 (the role-playing game) in the '90s. I cannot wait to come back to Nigthcity.

Cheers guys and thanks again.

I care about ownership so stadia will never be a thing for me.If someone adds the ability to download and stream the game this would be the perfect solution and than cloud gaming could be successfull.
Post automatically merged:

I see that this is a kinda hot topic..

i think it would be Amazing!!! if!! i can play my CP game (i bought on GOG ) via Stadia on max settings RTX on 60Hz... i can play it on my TV and my computer.... and i could do simple stuff on my tablet. maybe set out some gigs that my team could do for me... for when i am at work..
Sure people know already what stadia will do....You basically pay full price for a game you don’t own and give companies full control over you.

Last edited:
I mean, there is info out on there on how it will work. The concept isn't new either. So it's not a leap to look at the way similar services have approached the concept and extrapolate it to Stadia.

I think the bulk of the backlash comes from fears of where it might drive gaming down the line. If a person does not like the implications of the concept they would not want it to replace "traditional" gaming. I find it highly unlikely this would happen, for a long list of reasons. It feels more likely it would end up as an additional option on top of the status quo. I can certainly understand the perspective of people looking at it with apprehension though.

It would probably get better reception if the purchasing of games via the service wasn't tied to the service itself. My understanding is when you buy a game via Stadia you're locked into playing it via Stadia. If, for whatever reason, you lose access to the service (connection related issues, end your subscription, the plug is pulled, etc.) you lose access to any game purchased through it. The service would be met with far less apprehension if this were not the case. Unfortunately, separating the two presents several... challenges. I'd think all of them could be navigated but don't think it's a realistic expectation.
Where can i find what it will cost and what the lag will be? I live 20km from a main hub (Amsterdam) and if the lag is more then 10ms.... it is bad. (Bcz that means the avg would be around the 90ms...)

Do you have a link that i can see so i have those answers? Bcz i think those 2 questions are tbe most important.

Do you have a link that i can see so i have those answers? Bcz i think those 2 questions are tbe most important.

https://store.google.com/us/product/stadia_founders_edition?hl=en-US

The above link indicates it's $9.99 a month for Stadia Pro. Base would be free for the service, but it's not going to be available initially. I'd assume you'd need to pay for each game. It wouldn't at all be surprising if freebies end up tossed into the mix at some point (probably for Pro, to provide incentives for it). Granted, if they're the same free games you get for signing up for, say, Xbox Live that wouldn't amount to a whole lot.

The $129 thing looks like it's for 3 months of the Pro service, 3 months for a friend via a buddy pass, the controller, a chromecast ultra and a founders name (whatever that is...).

The lag/connectivity question is harder to answer. That link has various break point requirements for the various quality values. Personally, I don't find those all that useful. The internet doesn't only consist of your connection to your internet provider. Where the server "in the cloud" is in relation to you would be relevant. How it gets to and from there is relevant. Those factors aren't exactly static on the modern internet (path to and from the server may not be the same, they might even change depending on time of day, it might take multiple paths for each, etc...).

Then you hit the elephant in the room known as ISP data caps.... Everyone doesn't have to suffer these but a lot of people do... It doesn't take long to rack up data usage when burning 4k/60 fps content. Furthermore, in some cases "unlimited" just means you don't have a cut-off. Your provider still might throttle slap you if you use what they consider an excessive amount.

Hell, even the resolution marketing is suspect. Sure, you might get to play a game in 4k/60 fps. The question is does it look like 4k once it hits your display (similar lines to how X1X has "4k" games but they do clever stuff with "variable resolution")?

In summary, there are a lot of questions and few concrete answers.

The above link indicates it's $9.99 a month for Stadia Pro. Base would be free for the service, but it's not going to be available initially. I'd assume you'd need to pay for each game. It wouldn't at all be surprising if freebies end up tossed into the mix at some point (probably for Pro, to provide incentives for it). Granted, if they're the same free games you get for signing up for, say, Xbox Live that wouldn't amount to a whole lot.

The $129 thing looks like it's for 3 months of the Pro service, 3 months for a friend via a buddy pass, the controller, a chromecast ultra and a founders name (whatever that is...).

The lag/connectivity question is harder to answer. That link has various break point requirements for the various quality values. Personally, I don't find those all that useful. The internet doesn't only consist of your connection to your internet provider. Where the server "in the cloud" is in relation to you would be relevant. How it gets to and from there is relevant. Those factors aren't exactly static on the modern internet (path to and from the server may not be the same, they might even change depending on time of day, it might take multiple paths for each, etc...).

Then you hit the elephant in the room known as ISP data caps.... Everyone doesn't have to suffer these but a lot of people do... It doesn't take long to rack up data usage when burning 4k/60 fps content. Furthermore, in some cases "unlimited" just means you don't have a cut-off. Your provider still might throttle slap you if you use what they consider an excessive amount.

Hell, even the resolution marketing is suspect. Sure, you might get to play a game in 4k/60 fps. The question is does it look like 4k once it hits your display (similar lines to how X1X has "4k" games but they do clever stuff with "variable resolution")?

Tnx for this. I will read it again tomorrow.

A netflix for games will never exist you have to pay full price for every game especially new ones

Forum veteran
Okay, so I thought of a silver lining here. If Google abandons Stadia as quickly as their other services and Cyberpunk 2077 is popular on it (which seems inevitable), an entire generation could lose their purchased copies of 2077 and be loudly turned off of this cloud gaming fad before other companies waste everyone's time with it.

A netflix for games will never exist you have to pay full price for every game especially new ones
It technically already exists. Xbox Game Pass. Games come and go and you can download them locally, and you only pay for the subscription. Supposedly, the rare few games that work on both Xbox One and WIndows 10 allow you to download on PC (the UWP version, but still). There aren't many of those that exist, admittedly, but it's a nice glimpse into something that legitimately could be the future of gaming. Or at least a part of it that provides an avenue for the cash-strapped.

But it's true that this isn't what Stadia is doing. Right now they plan on charging players for each game.

Okay, so I thought of a silver lining here. If Google abandons Stadia as quickly as their other services and Cyberpunk 2077 is popular on it (which seems inevitable), an entire generation could lose their purchased copies of 2077 and be loudly turned off of this cloud gaming fad before other companies waste everyone's time with it.

It technically already exists. Xbox Game Pass. Games come and go and you can download them locally, and you only pay for the subscription. Supposedly, the rare few games that work on both Xbox One and WIndows 10 allow you to download on PC (the UWP version, but still). There aren't many of those that exist, admittedly, but it's a nice glimpse into something that legitimately could be the future of gaming. Or at least a part of it that provides an avenue for the cash-strapped.

But it's true that this isn't what Stadia is doing. Right now they plan on charging players for each game.
Right but even with game pass you can’t play every game.Games aren’t movies so we will always have to pay full price and i think this would be fine if cloud gaming services would also let us download the games....but i think google will flop and playstation xbox etc are gonna take the lead and hopefully they make it customer/ownership friendly

Right but even with game pass you can’t play every game.Games aren’t movies so we will always have to pay full price and i think this would be fine if cloud gaming services would also let us download the games....but i think google will flop and playstation xbox etc are gonna take the lead and hopefully they make it customer/ownership friendly

Im having hard time to believe Stadia will fail, just because of the youtube intergration, theres hundred of thousands people who make living with youtube, they and their families and their friends might start using Stadia etc.

I check Youtube for new music videos weekly if not daily, maybe in the future I will join Stadia's gang too.

Im having hard time to believe Stadia will fail, just because of the youtube intergration, theres hundred of thousands people who make living with youtube, they and their families and their friends might start using Stadia etc.

I check Youtube for new music videos weekly if not daily, maybe in the future I will join Stadia's gang too.
They abandoned a lot of projects in the past plus i don’t like the idea of loosing full controll how i want to play my games(offline mods etc) and not even to have the option to download games is a big nana

They abandoned a lot of projects in the past plus i don’t like the idea of loosing full controll how i want to play my games(offline mods etc) and not even to have the option to download games is a big nana

You dont need to use it. Im gonna be at Steam's gang for years to come. But if Youtube users/people start supporting Stadia, Google is on the money.

You dont need to use it. Im gonna be at Steam's gang for years to come. But if Youtube users/people start supporting Stadia, Google is on the money.
The perfect way would be if cloud services would give you the ability to download games too....than i say this could have a future

Where can i find what it will cost and what the lag will be? I live 20km from a main hub (Amsterdam) and if the lag is more then 10ms.... it is bad. (Bcz that means the avg would be around the 90ms...)

We have solid lines and we are a very small country as the Netherlands. So i guess we will be alright when it comes to Stadia. Never had true internet problems in Haarlem.

I care about ownership so stadia will never be a thing for me.If someone adds the ability to download and stream the game this would be the perfect solution and than cloud gaming could be successfull.

Sure people know already what stadia will do....You basically pay full price for a game you don’t own and give companies full control over you.
This is the same thing with PS4 downloads in the PS Store. You don't have a physical copy, yet people buy them a lot (when on sale) due to the click, buy, download, pay, instead of going to the store or waiting 2-3 days on the mailman.

I never thought i would download so many games when playing on a PS3, i loved physical discs. Then i moved to a PC and came in contact with Steam. Now i have a PS4 and i am buying more Digital versions than Discs. Times have changed. Plus i don't wanna swap out discs anymore. Just hit play and go.

I mean when the stadia tests where in the same building they where at 166ms, though this inclused an unknown model of TV, which can be pretty laggy in them selves.

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

This technology seems a bit far from perfect. I'll stick with my PC until it dies.

We have solid lines and we are a very small country as the Netherlands. So i guess we will be alright when it comes to Stadia. Never had true internet problems in Haarlem.

This is the same thing with PS4 downloads in the PS Store. You don't have a physical copy, yet people buy them a lot (when on sale) due to the click, buy, download, pay, instead of going to the store or waiting 2-3 days on the mailman.

I never thought i would download so many games when playing on a PS3, i loved physical discs. Then i moved to a PC and came in contact with Steam. Now i have a PS4 and i am buying more Digital versions than Discs. Times have changed. Plus i don't wanna swap out discs anymore. Just hit play and go.
Ist not the same because you can play your games offline and you have actually files installed and for stadia you pay full price just to access them.
This technology seems a bit far from perfect. I'll stick with my PC until it dies.
Pc gaming will never die

Top Bottom