The New Patch Information Thread

+
I know we should wait until the patch hits but personally to me the positioning system would make my mind overloaded with calculations :(

lpredrum136;n8114270 said:
I know we should wait until the patch hits but personally to me the positioning system would make my mind overloaded with calculations :(

I agree with you. Now i'm really worried about the new patch, but let's wait and see what happens.

HenryGrosmont;n8090660 said:
Roche/Triss/Iorveth nerf is prob the worst. Kambi is going to be the next shite. And Skellige got buffed again. I mean, an Epic Gold Boar of the Sea with 3+2+1 is much better than a Sliver Legendary 2+2+1 Myrgtabrakke. I have no idea what's going on...

The brightest part for me is Aglais no longer relentless. But tied to a siege row now.

tell me again how skellige got buffed, giving one ship that hits for six str while making morkvarg a dead card, and nerfing restore, combined with the fact that everyone jut runs around stealing sht outta my graveyard means that one card gives little consolation.

roundert;n8115990 said:
tell me again how skellige got buffed, giving one ship that hits for six str while making morkvarg a dead card, and nerfing restore, combined with the fact that everyone jut runs around stealing sht outta my graveyard means that one card gives little consolation.
How Morkvarg is a dead card? Skellige, more than any other faction has means to negate locking down. I played him before the NG patch and he was good even then. So, he'll go back to being not THAT good.
As for people robbing your graveyard, adjusting your deck helps. For example, running Olgierd is not a smart idea. I've always said that and yet to see any justification of him taking a silver slot in Skellige deck.

And Skellige got buffed because Kambi, Lugos and etc. stuff that will run rampant.

HenryGrosmont;n8124140 said:
How Morkvarg is a dead card? Skellige, more than any other faction has means to negate locking down. I played him before the NG patch and he was good even then. So, he'll go back to being not THAT good.
As for people robbing your graveyard, adjusting your deck helps. For example, running Olgierd is not a smart idea. I've always said that and yet to see any justification of him taking a silver slot in Skellige deck.

And Skellige got buffed because Kambi, Lugos and etc. stuff that will run rampant.

I hope you seen twitch video about new changes if not then... Now lock is going to carry forward lock status in graveyard too means locked Morkvarg not going to return from graveyard unless you unlock him. Yes & I am too with roundert as skellige not got buff but nerf only.

i] Bran now only gives 2 damage to all non-gold units.
ii] War Longships base strength changed from 5 to 4 and don't trigger on a unit's destruction.
iii] Birna Bran base strength changed from 12 to 10 but now only draws 2 cards.
iv] Restore no longer resurrects permadeath units.
v] Holger Blackhand is already dead card as a silver & that 2 strength increased is not going to do much.
vi] Wild Boar of the Sea.. it's a simple 12 strength gold card. Who cares about simple damage ability when there are so many good golds in other factions ?

So the only buff I saw is to Pirate Captain, as par thread update he is going to gain 1 strength in your hand, deck or on the battlefield.

TH3WITCH3R;n8125810 said:
I hope you seen twitch video about new changes if not then... Now lock is going to carry forward lock status in graveyard too means locked Morkvarg not going to return from graveyard unless you unlock him. Yes & I am too with roundert as skellige not got buff but nerf only.
rethaz confirmed that res units are unlocked so, there's that...
i] Bran now only gives 2 damage to all non-gold units.
Surely you meant Harald. And with gold damage removal why should he keep that?
ii] War Longships base strength changed from 5 to 4 and don't trigger on a unit's destruction.
And that's a nerf? really? I mean a nerf...
iii] Birna Bran base strength changed from 12 to 10 but now only draws 2 cards.
This one I agree. But this is the only one. Donar got buffed though, so...
iv] Restore no longer resurrects permadeath units.
Should've been done long time ago.
v] Holger Blackhand is already dead card as a silver & that 2 strength increased is not going to do much.
No change then? Also, if he's already a dead card why bring him up as nerfing?
vi] Wild Boar of the Sea.. it's a simple 12 strength gold card. Who cares about simple damage ability when there are so many good golds in other factions ?
This card got buffed! Previously no living soul was using it. Right now, with "no gold" rule, he's going to be played a lot more. A gold, untouchable Myrgtabrakke.
So the only buff I saw is to Pirate Captain, as par thread update he is going to gain 1 strength in your hand, deck or on the battlefield.
No, as I pointed out before Kambi and Lugos are both going to be mad. The card itself doesn't have to get buffed to become OP, you know that right?

So all of your points, with the exception of Birna, are null and void.

HenryGrosmont;n8126190 said:
rethaz confirmed that res units are unlocked so, there's that...

Even though res units are unlocked Morkvarg is silver card so you need Sigrdrifa or restoration to res. him so that's another silver slot.

Surely you meant Harald. And with gold damage removal why should he keep that?

Ya sorry Herald.. 1st of all they remove gold damaging of Radovid/Triss/Iorveth/Roche coz those cards are removign gold units completely from board but that's not happning with Herald previously as he is doing only 2 damage to gold.
& main thing is I am not saying why they done this to herald. We are talking here about nerf & buff so I am just saying it's a nerf, that's it.

And that's a nerf? really? I mean a nerf...

If it's not a nerf then it's not a buff either from any side.. that's the whole point here.

This one I agree. But this is the only one. Donar got buffed though, so...

Nope Donar not got any buff... Now donar draws 1 card & if you keep it then no discard going to happen or if you discard 1st card then only you will get another. so in 1st case you are only getting 1 card & no discard effect going to trigger & in other it's same like previous as even though you have power to see card 1st it's a random card only from deck. I mean just realize if you draw special card 1st so you can't resurrect it with skellige if you discard that.

Should've been done long time ago.

again that's not the point here. we are discussing about buff & nerf & it's a nerf.

No change then? Also, if he's already a dead card why bring him up as nerfing?

seriously? why you are missing the whole point of this discussion in every reply? I am just saying if you are thinking this as buff then it's not simple as it is.

This card got buffed! Previously no living soul was using it. Right now, with "no gold" rule, he's going to be played a lot more. A gold, untouchable Myrgtabrakke.

Frankly I don't even see Myrgtabrakke in play from long time & I am not saying it's a nerf but I am saying other good gold cards are there then this like igni / ciri / regis etc.

No, as I pointed out before Kambi and Lugos are both going to be mad. The card itself doesn't have to get buffed to become OP, you know that right?

Hemdall destroys non-gold cards on both side plus he is 10 strength gold if I remembered correctly so I don't see any problem there as well about lugos..
the monster have Kayran plus weather,
NG have Letho plus lock ability,
NR having bronze unit to turn gold into silver/bronze plus now with nerf to dbomb I think NR is going to be the strongest faction in all.
Soc. having scorch / shirru / Ithlinne as well Aglais is not rentless ant more so dshack + scorch/weather is easy to do.

My whole post is just a answer to your this line from some post "And Skellige got buffed again." & I am not saying or asking about any card change like why cdpr done this So all of your points, with the exception of Birna, are null and void.

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n8126590 said:
Even though res units are unlocked Morkvarg is silver card so you need Sigrdrifa or restoration to res. him so that's another silver slot.
First - yes, it is a silver unit and, from I remember, you need Sigrdrifa to res all silver units. Skellige also has Resurrection.
Second - CDPR did the block/unblock thing to every faction and Skellige is better than any of them to deal with it.
So, it got buffed indirectly because other factions need more stuff to go around.

Ya sorry Herald.. 1st of all they remove gold damaging of Radovid/Triss/Iorveth/Roche coz those cards are removign gold units completely from board but that's not happning with Herald previously as he is doing only 2 damage to gold.
& main thing is I am not saying why they done this to herald. We are talking here about nerf & buff so I am just saying it's a nerf, that's it.
Again, we cannot look at something that was done to every faction just from the perspective of one. In light of the changes that rendered Vernon Roche or Iorveth to a Gold spot holder and barely more, Harald's change is warranted and doesn't look like a nerf.

If it's not a nerf then it's not a buff either from any side.. that's the whole point here.
There are so many cards that were left unchanged or were slightly changed in every patch but essentially are the same that bringing one of them to this is irrelevant.

Nope Donar not got any buff... Now donar draws 1 card & if you keep it then no discard going to happen or if you discard 1st card then only you will get another. so in 1st case you are only getting 1 card & no discard effect going to trigger & in other it's same like previous as even though you have power to see card 1st it's a random card only from deck. I mean just realize if you draw special card 1st so you can't resurrect it with skellige if you discard that.
It is a buff. You get to choose, which wasn't the case before.
And you couldn't resurrect a special card in the first place. So...

again that's not the point here. we are discussing about buff & nerf & it's a nerf.
Yes, overall buff and nerf.

seriously? why you are missing the whole point of this discussion in every reply? I am just saying if you are thinking this as buff then it's not simple as it is.
Apparently, for you "buff" is something that was directly done to the card. Which it isn't. And why bring a dead card into this is beyond me. Every faction has those. Why are you missing the whole point of this discussion in every reply?

Frankly I don't even see Myrgtabrakke in play from long time & I am not saying it's a nerf but I am saying other good gold cards are there then this like igni / ciri / regis etc.
But she's far more prevalent than the Boar, correct? If so, the card got buffed directly.

Hemdall destroys non-gold cards on both side plus he is 10 strength gold if I remembered correctly so I don't see any problem there as well about lugos..
the monster have Kayran plus weather,
NG have Letho plus lock ability,
NR having bronze unit to turn gold into silver/bronze plus now with nerf to dbomb I think NR is going to be the strongest faction in all.
Soc. having scorch / shirru / Ithlinne as well Aglais is not rentless ant more so dshack + scorch/weather is easy to do.
It's because both Kambi and Lugos do not require anything else to trigger. They had timers for a reason. Do you remember the old Lugos? And why was he changed? Right now, the timer is practically useless. As for Hemdall, please... Skellige still have Morkvarg (not as an autopilot card anymore but still), Queensguard, the whole discard system the even reduced Ciri Dash will benefit from. ANd of course, the best res system in the game. It will require adapting but it's still ends up the most beneficial of all factions. Along with NR probably. Weather will probably be better. And scoia got screwed further.

Aglais was made relentless not because they intended to do so but because there was a but. It was a temporary solution to it. Nothing more.
My whole post is just a answer to your this line from some post "And Skellige got buffed again." & I am not saying or asking about any card change like why cdpr done this So all of your points, with the exception of Birna, are null and void.
You're looking only from one faction perspective: what card was buffed/nerfed. I'm looking form the game's perspective. So, yeah...my point is valid and your is null and void.

Cheers

HenryGrosmont;n8128240 said:
You're looking only from one faction perspective: what card was buffed/nerfed. I'm looking form the game's perspective. So, yeah...my point is valid and your is null and void.

Cheers

I am not going to answer in detail now as for me discussing something is op or not even before patch release is total waste & I have learn this from previous patches where end result was different then the discussion held b4 patch so may be that's why for now I am only talking from one faction perspective.

We will see which faction will do best as I don't think patch is now far from us... Good Luck with your per-conclusions :)

TH3WITCH3R;n8128680 said:
I am not going to answer in detail now as for me discussing something is op or not even before patch release is total waste & I have learn this from previous patches where end result was different then the discussion held b4 patch so may be that's why for now I am only talking from one faction perspective.

We will see which faction will do best as I don't think patch is now far from us... Good Luck with your per-conclusions :)

I'm not saying that is what's going to happen a 100%, don't get me wrong. I do however think that this is the way it most probably will go. Isn't this thread about the upcoming patch and what could it bring? Also, these are not pre-conclusions but a theoretical prognosis of a possible outcome. Based on the announced changes. So...

4RM3D;n8088720 said:
What we know so far (feel free to add stuff)

Misc

- Weather remains unchanged, for now.

Dont you think weather still remain on the battle field seems worse? Because clear weather dont clean all weather, its only clear one row.

Anen;n8129820 said:
Dont you think weather still remain on the battle field seems worse? Because clear weather dont clean all weather, its only clear one row.
And, apart from one Gold Legendary card, weather affects only one row.

DMaster2;n8130410 said:
So patch 22-23 march? Can't wait
Hopefully. There's a 100k tournament coming soon. Btw, if this continues, I might start playing seriously like I did poker.

HenryGrosmont;n8128240 said:
First - yes, it is a silver unit and, from I remember, you need Sigrdrifa to res all silver units. Skellige also has Resurrection.
Second - CDPR did the block/unblock thing to every faction and Skellige is better than any of them to deal with it.
So, it got buffed indirectly because other factions need more stuff to go around.

Again, we cannot look at something that was done to every faction just from the perspective of one. In light of the changes that rendered Vernon Roche or Iorveth to a Gold spot holder and barely more, Harald's change is warranted and doesn't look like a nerf.

There are so many cards that were left unchanged or were slightly changed in every patch but essentially are the same that bringing one of them to this is irrelevant.

It is a buff. You get to choose, which wasn't the case before.
And you couldn't resurrect a special card in the first place. So...

Yes, overall buff and nerf.

Apparently, for you "buff" is something that was directly done to the card. Which it isn't. And why bring a dead card into this is beyond me. Every faction has those. Why are you missing the whole point of this discussion in every reply?

But she's far more prevalent than the Boar, correct? If so, the card got buffed directly.

It's because both Kambi and Lugos do not require anything else to trigger. They had timers for a reason. Do you remember the old Lugos? And why was he changed? Right now, the timer is practically useless. As for Hemdall, please... Skellige still have Morkvarg (not as an autopilot card anymore but still), Queensguard, the whole discard system the even reduced Ciri Dash will benefit from. ANd of course, the best res system in the game. It will require adapting but it's still ends up the most beneficial of all factions. Along with NR probably. Weather will probably be better. And scoia got screwed further.

Aglais was made relentless not because they intended to do so but because there was a but. It was a temporary solution to it. Nothing more.

Cheers

actually skellige is supposed to be the res faction and that's what I was saying, morgvard taking up a silver slot and needing a silver res slot to res is pointless, what for a few points or a resilient unit for one round, st have tons of res units that are bronze, the one guy even has 7 strength. previously morgvard was the only one other factions couldn't steal or destroy in the graveyard, olgierd always gets snatched so few use him, now factions will literally take two or three out of your graveyard, and now we wont even be able to res a permadeth unit. on the other side you have nr who can chain res waaay better than skellige which in itself makes no sense. monsters are ridica op and no one addresses the elephant in the room, now they cant spawn twenty units from one nekker anymore and they are all crying about it, even though they still can with foglets and have tons of weather, the most powerful element in the game, the only good thing for sk now is finally, finally seventy five percent of our golds wont be simply destroyed by so many units, like the witcher guy who posted earlier said, all the other factions have very good, powerful golds that are good in many situations, sk only has kambi who now might live for more than two seconds but still gives the enemy 12 str. and lugos was another two second death now finally will get to stay on the board. seriously ive been wanting some other golds for a while you can have kambi and hjam-whatever his name is.
The monsters have kayran, a ridiculous thing that makes all of your points gold, when is that not awesome? ng can just rain down spy cards that give them CA up the wazoo and they play a leader and get all the points that go with it whilst gaining more points on their side simply for calling them back with the leader and then get boosted for either player using a leader.
The one thing sk had was resurrection and after they nerfed Freya we started losing that space. Now they nerf res again so what is our big advantage supposed to be, every one else has one but ours has been factionally nerfed, monsters can breed and weather, ng gets buffed for spying and at the same time sees all your cards and gets CA, ST buffs endless resilient bronzes to oblivion and NR spams gold all over the board and resurrects better than SK after this patch.

In fairness the SK res train in round 3 was utterly ridiculous. Restore - Sigfrieda - QG / Whatever. Restore has been rightly nerfed.

The rest, chalk it up to the fact this patch seems all over the place balance wise.

Top Bottom