The New Patch Information Thread

+
Kinho23;n8136290 said:
Really? Ragh Nar Roog is now useless, awesome. 800 scraps and a gold card slot for this? No, thanks.

No its not. It just now takes more thought of when to actually play it. Its still a strong card. Its been toned down sure, but with the positioning patch weather NEEDED to be toned down as its now the only debuff that effects a whole row.

Rykov123;n8136630 said:
No its not. It just now takes more thought of when to actually play it. Its still a strong card. Its been toned down sure, but with the positioning patch weather NEEDED to be toned down as its now the only debuff that effects a whole row.

I know people are asking for weather nerf, but they could do something different and not change the effect completely. Maybe add another card to clear all the effects or a countdown instead of drop the three effects simultaneously. With this change, the new Rag seems like a stammelford's tremors, which only works properly with a board full of cards. Don't get me wrong, all cards have their values but, the way i see, it's a radical change to a costly and important card.

ps: english is not my first language, so forgive me for any mistaken.

Kinho23;n8136290 said:
Really? Ragh Nar Roog is now useless, awesome. 800 scraps and a gold card slot for this? No, thanks.
Its still pretty good, It's a straight upgrade from using Harold. Using it in a round with a lot of units on the field is a massive point swing, Can see it being used well in Monster decks with the upgraded Ge'els (He gives every unit on your field +2 str)

Tamacountry13;n8137100 said:
Its still pretty good, It's a straight upgrade from using Harold. Using it in a round with a lot of units on the field is a massive point swing, Can see it being used well in Monster decks with the upgraded Ge'els (He gives every unit on your field +2 str)

That's what i said, will work with a board full of cards but that's it. I would not put it on my weather deck anymore. Anyway, if everyone is thinking that's a nice move, i must be wrong. Let's see what happens...

Scartlet;n8137320 said:
Hi, can you add that mushrooms now reset a non-Gold unit to base strenght and then add/remove 3 strenght ?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Though, I've already added Mardroeme, but I put it under weather effects at the bottom (mostly to show there are some things that have an impact on weather).

Tamacountry13;n8137100 said:
I hope it warrants a gold slot and 800 scraps. It needs 7? non-gold cards to justify it. Otherwise it's a poor man's Saskia.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8137490 said:
I hope it warrants a gold slot and 800 scraps. It needs 7? non-gold cards to justify it. Otherwise it's a poor man's Saskia.

You are forgetting three things:
- Ragnarok affects BASE strength.
- Neutral cards tend to be a bit weaker (sometimes) than their faction counterparts.
- Lastly, Ragnarok works more in favor of having more enemy units (which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the situation).

4RM3D;n8137510 said:
- Neutral cards tend to be a bit weaker (sometimes) than their faction counterparts.
- Lastly, Ragnarok works more in favor of having more enemy units (which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the situation).
I did not forget anything. However, with inability to hit gold units and the fact Saskia cannot be locked, she's clearly going into my Scoia deck. Let's see how many will run Ragnarok...
I'm also not sure that base strength will benefit anyone apart from Skellige. If Ragnarok gives two base permanently, it's a whole different Foglet story...

HenryGrosmont;n8137550 said:
I'm also not sure that base strength will benefit anyone apart from Skellige. If Ragnarok gives two base permanently, it's a whole different Foglet story...

Ragnarok removes 2 base strength. So that's goodbye Foglets and Priscilla.

Skellige's nerfs are extremely painful mainly due to the buffs to Lock and the nerfs to Restore and War Longships

- War Longships are already useless because Lock stays on even in the grave, reviving it no longer removes it, which make the ships really useless in the late game. The strength nerf makes it much way easier to kill early so it's no good there either. At this point it's not worth using at all.
- furthermore, the huge nerf to War Longships makes ALL Discard abilities drastically worse, because Discard now has only one way to impact the board, hope you hit your revive cards and hope you have enough strength to overpower the opponent. The "gain strength mechanics" Skellige has are still weak to D-Bomb and weather, but now they can get locked down too.
- Restore being able to revive permadeath units was the main reason that card was strong. Now the number of targets it can usefully revive is much less and the combo potentials are virtually all gone.
- Birna was a difficult to use card to begin with, her upsides was her ability to dig into the deck and fish for cards to discard + potential card advantage. Now she's not worth it all, especially as a gold card now that gold cards are far more valuable and AoE buff cards are terrible
- Clan Heymaey Skald is terrible along w/ all other AoE buff cards. Currently Weather and D-Bomb neutralizing the affect already makes it a good card to run one of at best, but this patch makes it terrible.

Due to Dimeritium Shackles being able to target ANYTHING and Locking it down, alot of the "strong/interesting" Skellige combos & cards are now terrible. This makes Skellige a rather one dimensional faction and I don't see this patch being very good for deck diversity w/ the cards that we have at the moment. Monsters already being the strongest and most diverse faction having 2 very strong decks in Weather Monsters and Devour Monsters AND not seeing any real nerfs is rather disappointing.

Much needed Buffs/Reworks:
Cerys
Queensguard
Draig Bon-Dhu
Skjall
Madman Lugos

4RM3D;n8137510 said:

Neutral fraction is not to be played without ally. its must be allied by others fraction

4RM3D;n8137350 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Though, I've already added Mardroeme, but I put it under weather effects at the bottom (mostly to show there are some things that have an impact on weather).

Ty :) and sry i didn't see you put it at the end of the post

4RM3D;n8088720 said:
What we know so far (feel free to add stuff)

New Features

- Positioning mechanic with an overhaul of all damage and buff spells/abilities.
- Emotes (6 total) can be used now during the match.
- Play history (see what cards have been played).
- A lot of minor tweaks to the GUI.

- Crones and Witchers all have 1 less strength.

Scoia'Tael:

- Mahakam Defender base strength changed from 4 to 5 but only gets 1 round resilience. [@Belrose]
- Zoltan base strength changed from 5 to 7.

Misc

- Weather remains unchanged, for now.

That little man seem to be fine with their ability right now.
they have low strength that can easily destroyed by manticore poison.
they are little and fragile, new ppl look its OP, but truly they are easily countered.

others is using adrenaline rush, that card both make you like dwarf (resilient) and toggle resilient.
last but not least is dimetrium bomb.
that kind of spell you need to put on your deck because very versalite.

Zoltan have 5 str is fine i think

gladly you are considering weather effect remains unchanged is worse :D

It looks like all the 'nerf' Yencon is about to get is 1 less strength.
I'm very disappointed...everyday I play with ppl who are neither shy about just abusing it, nor building their deck around such abuse.

If locking turns out to be an effective Gold counter, I suppose it will be just fine.
I cannot help but having mixed feeling about it after reading that the original nerf was supposed to limit the use of her board-leveling ability...

So after watching Merchs video:

I would have prefer they left Iorveth/Triss/Vernon unchanged (even tho they are the most bland legendaries because of lack of cool abilities) rather than this Lock/Unlock crap we will get.

Also to add to SK nerfs, the other Leader that was worth something was nerfed hard.

Now Harald only deals 2 to all non-Gold creatures so not only do we loose that extra damage you can do to goldens but now we also can't set up a way to deal 3 to damaged units as well.

I get they don't want any cards beeing able to kill Golds but tbh Harald never did so, the only way would be to use Triss before Harald and that is 2 cards for 1 and since Triss can't hit Golds they could have totally left him unchanged.

I can't see what CDPR wants to do with SK, grave steal is still unchanged making resurrecting a pain in the ass for any deck and now the only other usefull leader got nerfed as well.

I can't see Axeman beeing a thing in the next patch, its like they felt nerfing Axeman to be half as good as he was was not enough that now they need to nerf the leader too. :facepalm:

What arechetype are we left with after this patch? Swim Dorfs are still viable, maybe Ciri Dash/Queensguard will still be vaible as well, NG and NR seem to be the only classes with a few options to choose from and Monsters its still uncertain if Consume will be viable or even Weather after that Rag Nar Rogh nerf.

And I forgot to add, they are nerfing Harald but not Dagon wich is just the most broken leader at this moment with a combo of Aeromancy+First Light while Harald is now stuck with just a Stamelfords Tremors? :geraltaha:

Top Bottom