Broken Raytracing?

+
Ok whats up with that? Why the game looks so much worse with RTX ON??

Both pictures are captures at 1080p all settings maxed out.

First RTX OFF and second is RTX ON (ultra) ... you can see that with raytracing the game looks so much worse, why is that? It looks completelly blurry and broken. Anyone knows what to do with this please? (no DLLS used in the pics)

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.12.02 - 00.19.38.42.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.12.02 - 00.19.38.42.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 138
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.12.02 - 00.19.22.75.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.12.02 - 00.19.22.75.png
    4 MB · Views: 140
I could be wrong, but it seem that there is an issue with RT reflections :(
More details would be (very) useful :
Your specs ?
Mods ? No mods ? Never used any mods ?
Did you tried a clean install of your drivers ?
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
In any case, if it's not already done, I highly suggest to send a ticket to the support for help (the sooner, the better).

Nothing is broken. Since the introduction of patch 1.5 (IIRC) they strongly reduced the resolution of reflections on puddles/wet streets when viewed from a distance. If you zoom in with your Kiroshi or get closer, the definition will be higher, but from a certain distance the reflections will be blurry, maybe half res? On the other hand reflections on glass and cars got a bit better, they are sharper. The lower your native resolution, the worse your reflections and also other rt effects will look. This is made to spare resources... If you want full res reflections that match the screen resolution you chose I'm afraid you will need a 4080-4090 and enable the new enhancements the next patch will bring, among others full res rt reflections.

Personally I installed reshade and I am using cas sharpening + quint sharpen, so that the reflections don't look that low res. I know it doesn't actually solve the problem, but at least it makes it less noticeable.

Last edited:
find out since 1.6.1 RT reflection not broken but more heavy CPU/GPU hungry
the blurry feeling , no more clarity , mostly PC can't render properly lighting / reflection .
to resume , it take more time to render image , but your refresh of screen to hight so it make some blurry / noise image

if you want RT reflection , you have a GPU below RTX 2070 / RTX 2080
1) lowering some setting graphics
2) lowering resolution screen display

try 720p max setting , RT ultra to see if the problem seel here
don't forget with RTX 2xxxx serie , at 1080p you can't get 60fps with Rt enable , so need to cap fps 45 or 30 ( depends if you enable RT lighting , shaadow .. reflection )

Ray tracing with RTX GPU a bit confusing
even some RTX GPU having specific architecture for ray tracing , not means all RTX GPU can handle ray tracing feature on any games :)

If they play at 720p the reflections will look even worse, not to mention they're not gonna use the monitor's native resolution, which will make things even worse overall...

Nothing is broken. Since the introduction of patch 1.5 (IIRC) they strongly reduced the resolution of reflections on puddles/wet streets when viewed from a distance. If you zoom in with your Kiroshi or get closer, the definition will be higher, but from a certain distance the reflections will be blurry, maybe half res? On the other hand reflections on glass and cars got a bit better, they are sharper. The lower your native resolution, the worse your reflections and also other rt effects will look. This is made to spare resources... If you want full res reflections that match the screen resolution you chose I'm afraid you will need a 4080-4090 and enable the new enhancements the next patch will bring, among others full res rt reflections.

Personally I installed reshade and I am using cas sharpening + quint sharpen, so that the reflections don't look that low res. I know it doesn't actually solve the problem, but at least it makes it less noticeable.
Well thats a bummer, right now it just looks much better with rt reflections off. Thing is when i watched some of those yt showcase videos with everything maxed and rtx it doesnt looked that bad. Maybe cause it was in 4k o dont know, can resolution make a difference here?

Well for now I will just play with rtx but with the reflections turned off, cause they are really ugly compared to SSR sadly. At least a couple more fps :D
Post automatically merged:

find out since 1.6.1 RT reflection not broken but more heavy CPU/GPU hungry
the blurry feeling , no more clarity , mostly PC can't render properly lighting / reflection .
to resume , it take more time to render image , but your refresh of screen to hight so it make some blurry / noise image

if you want RT reflection , you have a GPU below RTX 2070 / RTX 2080
1) lowering some setting graphics
2) lowering resolution screen display

try 720p max setting , RT ultra to see if the problem seel here
don't forget with RTX 2xxxx serie , at 1080p you can't get 60fps with Rt enable , so need to cap fps 45 or 30 ( depends if you enable RT lighting , shaadow .. reflection )

Ray tracing with RTX GPU a bit confusing
even some RTX GPU having specific architecture for ray tracing , not means all RTX GPU can handle ray tracing feature on any games :)
My specs are ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 2080 Super, 16GB ram.

I played with rtx on before when the game came out originally, in that time I had same specs but ryzen 5 3600, I had around 45-50fps with rtx and dont remember it looking this bad

Well thats a bummer, right now it just looks much better with rt reflections off. Thing is when i watched some of those yt showcase videos with everything maxed and rtx it doesnt looked that bad. Maybe cause it was in 4k o dont know, can resolution make a difference here?

Well for now I will just play with rtx but with the reflections turned off, cause they are really ugly compared to SSR sadly. At least a couple more fps :D
Post automatically merged:

My specs are ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 2080 Super, 16GB ram.

I played with rtx on before when the game came out originally, in that time I had same specs but ryzen 5 3600, I had around 45-50fps with rtx and dont remember it looking this bad
Exactly. Your native res and the dlss option chosen are key. If you start from 4k the reflections will look much better, despite the fact they are still not being rendered at full res. To prove my point you can also test yourself and check how they look w/o DLSS. They'll be much sharper.
There is nothing we can do about it, even if we could, I think your GPU wouldn't be able to handle it.

Top Bottom