Jobs Support Register

Staff member

+
Hi I'm a huge fan of The Witcher series and I've been obsessing over Cyberpunk for a little over a year now. I'm starting a radio show and youtube channel soon where I'd like to be able to broadcast play The Witcher and eventually cyberpunk 2077.

Is there a process I have to go through to use footage from my game plays?
Hey! Welcome on forums!

Like Sardukhar said - we're always happy to see people enjoying our games and we do not mind using them to create new content for personal enjoyment (as long as it's not distributed for money or used for commercial purposes) :)

You can find more detailed description of how we approach User Generated Content in the 9th section of our User Agreement: https://regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement

We actually do have city planners in the studio, and also generally have a very varied team. As a quest designer myself, as an example I know that there's people in our quest team who have studied psychology, philosophy, politology, sociology, and more.

However, I wouldn't say that you have to be a professional in criminology or psychology to write a good crime story or thriller, if (and that's a big if) you do your proper research.

Hey, like in The Witcher, if the story calls for it, you will have a companion or two for a mission, but we don't want to do a "companion system" where you're never alone.
In some quests you will be by yourself, in some you will have one person like Jackie or even a whole group, and in other quests you might be alone or with someone else depending on the choices you made. We really want to have it fit the story, so basically you'll always have someone with you if we think it'll be interesting.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Of course as stated in the gameplay demo we are still in deep development, and that includes the gameplay and the AI. Please also consider that right after the deal with Royce goes wrong, we mention that we now give the player some high level stats/abilities/weapons he shouldn't have at that point, just so we can show them as well (also Lukasz who played the demo is just really good at the game, it looks quite a bit different when I play it ;))

Of course we'll release more footage of the game at a later point, so I'm sure you'll be able to also see a different kind of combat and behavior.

Will Chippin' In only be released as part of the game's soundtrack, after the game's release?
Too early to declare that.
Because what I heard in the demo really scratched an itch I wasn't even aware of before and I'd be willing to actually buy just that song even before the game releases.
If all goes as planned, you'll find plenty more itches you weren't aware of - keep your fingers crossed for us.

Speaking of radio and music - do we know who the DJs, composers and artists of the music presented in the gameplay video are? I love these electronic vibes that play during the combat and some places, would love to find more from these artists.
All music assets (all but one, to be precise) were composed and produced internally, including Chippin' In and other radio/media tracks.

Hey, as a quest designer I can talk a bit about point 1:

I absolutely agree with your idea, and that's something we already use as part of our quest design (and have also used in The Witcher before). The one thing we never want is people to already know what they can expect from a quest.
Usually, when we pitch a new quest idea or story, we always look for an interesting theme, character moments, unexpected twists and choices and consequences for the player. The nitty-gritty of a quest comes later, once we have a good base idea.
So you can definitely expect that a character might die based on one of your decisions (even if at some point you thought you were doing the right thing - as in real life, sometimes things spiral out of control), or start to resent you based on your behavior. But on the other hand, sometimes things might even go better than you expected. As long as it's interesting all the way through, we did our job well. ;)
If a quest has none of these interesting moments of choice and consequence, than as quest designers and writers we always look to improve it.

I do not remember - even a single time - when using axiie in dialogue had "bad" consequence.
We actually tried to do that sometimes. As an example if you use Axii against a group of thugs in White Orchard, the ones that are not affected can immediately tell that you're trying to manipulate their buddies with magic and will attack.

One of our newer quest designers actually used this in a side quest he sent in as part of his application. You were supposed to find and bring back two brothers in the middle of a forest. At the same time, your main story had you hunt a dangerous monster in the same forest, so it made sense to look for the brothers as well.
Once you found them, they didn't immediately want to return, so you had to convince them. You could use words, beat them up, or use "Axii", which you'd expect to work fine. And it does, they both start walking home.
However, later you found out that the monster you were hunting in the main quest tracked them both down and killed them on their way home. Since they were still under the influence of Axii, they just walked home without consideration for their surroundings, which made them an easy target. Maybe without Axii, they would have had a chance to run away.
That was a really nice example of how to use the player's expectations against him, because in retrospect this tragedy could have maybe been averted. So that part of the quest was actually a big plus for us! :)

We always want all elements of Cyberpunk 2077 to make sense in the context of the rules of the world. That begins with little details like insect topping on pizza telling you more about how society and culture have changed, and an actual background for your cyberware and skills.
So without going into technical detail, a double jump isn't just something that characters in Night City do by themselves, but actual cyberware with some logic behind it, manufactured by one of the corporations in the world. I can't talk a lot about the actual technical details of how the propulsion works, but for worldbuilding, thinking about the logic of each piece of tech and where it came from always makes more sense than just relying on "cybermagic" and just saying that it works "somehow". So rest assured that we're thinking about these things. :D

I can reveal one little detail. The song they heard in V's apartment is the legendary "Chippin' In" by Johnny Silverhand and Samurai.
Now and then, a journalist actually recognized the song and asked us about it after the demo, so there's certainly some real fans out there who remember it. I'm really looking forward to everyone being able to hear it, it's awesome! :)