Staff member

+

Ima-Mon: Hello everyone! This is Ima-Mon4812XJR, also known as T-Imagawa, or just Ima-Mon. Today, I'll be interviewing Mya-Mon369EX, aka Mya-Mon, who won the GWENT World Masters Season 5. Without further ado, congratulations on your victory, Mya-Mon! You finally did it. Could you tell us how you feel?

Mya-Mon: I'm very happy. I feel both an incredible sense of accomplishment for seizing the last chance to win the official tournament and a sense of relief.

Ima-Mon: I imagine there was a lot of pressure, but you did a splendid job. Now, in this tournament, you pretty much dominated the group stage and quickly advanced to the finals (*1). I'd like to hear more about your thought process and approach in making this possible. First, about your deck selection. As usual, you adopted your own unique decks (*2) in this tournament; was there any specific intention behind it?

(*1) Mya-Mon's tournament record. He achieved an overwhelming result with 15 wins, 4 losses, and 2 draws in 5 matches.

(*2) Mya-Mon's deck list. He compiled original decks that were not previously seen at tournaments.

Mya-Mon: There wasn't a particular intention, but I had to be careful because I’m also a streamer, so decks that I show on my streams could be compromised before the tournament. It means other players might use them or develop countermeasures, so I used completely different decks during my streams to avoid revealing my hand early. I believe my opponents weren’t able to take enough countermeasures against me because I used a unique set of decks.

Ima-Mon: Indeed, there were players who brought in the deck that you used in your streams. You were well prepared on that front. In this tournament, many players brought in an ST deck with Dennis Cranmer (*3). You chose not to ban this deck, Mya-Mon. How did you decide on your ban choice?

(*3) A combo of Armorer's Workshop & Dennis Cranmer, which is still used in various meta decks. It can generate a powerful mechanism of defense through armor and its conversion to boost at a low cost. Many decks introduce this combo to the game using Simlas Finn aep Dabairr.

Mya-Mon: I chose the ban that was most convenient for me. There are three factors to achieving a high win rate in card games: luck, playing, and deck construction. The most important thing in BO5 format is deck matchup. Simply put, it's a rock-paper-scissors game using decks A, B, and C. Understanding all the potential patterns and choosing a ban that works in your benefit can make a difference in the game. So it was very important to understand deck matchup accurately. It’s a very challenging aspect of GWENT, and I think there are only a few players, even among top players, who can execute it perfectly. I think the reason I was able to win this time was because I put a lot of emphasis on this in my scrim (*4).

(*4) Scrim is a term used in esports, referring to practice matches.

Ima-Mon: It’s amazing you can use rock-paper-scissors as a metaphor for top players facing off against each other! You mentioned that “understanding of deck matchup is challenging”, but what specific challenges are there?

Mya-Mon: It's easy when it comes to decks that obviously counter mine at a glance. But there are many difficult matchups where you can't tell at a glance which deck will win. This judgment is derived from your own playing skills and experience, and if you treat each deck incorrectly, a deck that should be advantageous can become disadvantageous. So a kind of proficiency in the game is required, and differences of opinion occur even among top players. You can assume your opponent has a different perspective if, for example, there’s a deck you’re expecting to be banned but your opponent chooses a different one. There were cases like that in this tournament as well. In addition to that, there is also a rock-paper-scissors element in deck selection, so I was always working on reverse-calculating the opponent's thoughts.

Ima-Mon: So when you think about deck matchup, you take not only the decks themselves, but also other factors, such as match progression or the player's thoughts and habits. There are so many strategic elements even before each match begins! Now, could you tell us about the actual matches? Which game was the most impressive in this tournament?

Mya-Mon: The most impressive match for me was the first game of the group stage against Cat_Burger. He brought a deck that was very advantageous to mine (*5) so that he was the most challenging one to play against. I thought that if I was capable of beating him, winning the tournament was within my grasp.

The result was 3-0, and objectively, it looks like I won by a landslide, but I was able to read my opponent and perfectly counter his plans in terms of ban selection and turn order. There was only a small margin of error, and I had almost no chance of winning if everything didn’t align perfectly. If I had read one thing wrong, I probably would have lost. As a matter of fact, I’ve never won against him in a scrim.

(*5) Cat_Burger's deck list. In addition to a variety of control cards, it also includes Korathi Heatwave and Poison for Tall Punish. It looks like a challenging matchup at first glance against NR, which focuses on Engine deployment, and SK, NG, where power tends to concentrate on single units.

Ima-Mon: So the first battle was actually the biggest hurdle for you to win the championship. Personally, I believe what was crucial was that you managed to break through the opponent’s Arachas deck using your Ursine Ritual deck, as it was the only deck capable of countering. Did you predict that the opponent would bring his Arachas deck as the first move?

Mya-Mon: Yes. This Arachas deck is hardly ever encountered in the usual pro ranks. However, there were a few players who brought it into the tournament, and this deck was specialized for the player going first. I knew that among my decks, only the Ursine Ritual deck could counter it. However, I also considered that the opponent might read my thinking and use the Imposter deck first as it counters my Ursine Ritual deck, but the risk of missing was too large. Since it was generally a very superior matchup for the opponent, I expected him to play straight without resorting to any tricks, which led me to play the Ursine Ritual deck first. Or perhaps, we both read each other's intentions even further and it resulted in me playing the Ursine Ritual deck and him playing the Arachas deck in the end. I never know.

Ima-Mon: The very final match in this tournament was a full set of rounds including a draw, so it was a fierce battle. Up until the final match, your strategy and reading led to overwhelming victories; how about the final match? Was it a more even battle?

Mya-Mon: Yes. I think that only SaNvAnTeR had almost the same thinking as I did. In the playoffs, he was the only player whose ban selection was entirely the same as mine, thus it makes sense that we competed very closely. However, there was a part where I was slightly ahead of SaNvAnTeR's thinking. That was in the final match between us.

I really didn’t want him to keep his Siege Master (*6) until the final round, because he could counter my Master of Puppets (*7) in the final round using the Siege Master's cooldown ability. However, he used up every Siege Master in round 1 so it was a big factor contributing to my victory.

(*6) Siege Master. Can speed up the cooldown of ally units by one turn. Normally used to speed up the cooldown of Machine units and such.

(*7) Master of Puppets. Has a cooldown of 2, so the opponent cannot use it on the next turn after it is used. Therefore, if it is used on the last turn, it will not be countered unless its cooldown is reduced.

Ima-Mon: Wow, GWENT is indeed quite a deep and strategic game. Once again, congratulations on your victory! This concludes the interview. Thank you for your time!

Mya-Mon

I've been playing GWENT since day 1 of Beta.

Mya-Mon TLG(@neko349) / X

Streaming GWENT on Twitch

Ima-Mon4812XJR

I enjoy building decks around cards that aren't often seen. My decks include 4-10Muta, Sigi pile, NG Machine... etc. Here are my YouTube and Twitch channels:

T-Imagawa Twitch

T-Imagawa Youtube

In October 2023, GWENT entered a new chapter called GWENTfinity, receiving its final content update created by developers with patch 11.10 and introducing the public voting system called the Balance Council.

With GWENTfinity, the dedicated GWENT community has the power to decide which cards should be stronger, weaker, costlier, or cheaper!

This article gathers all the information on the Balance Council and GWENTfinity in one place.

1. What is the purpose of the Balance Council?

Monthly changes to the cards are an important part of the GWENT content cycle; we always tried to ensure that there is something new to consider at the start of each season. We want to—at least to an extent—preserve this part of GWENT. This is why we developed the Balance Council, a feature that ensures changes to cards will still be happening as long as there are people who want them.​

The Balance Council works best when the community cooperates. As there is a minimum vote threshold required, per card, for a change to go through (see below), it is good to talk to fellow GWENT players (e.g., on Reddit or Discord) and decide on the priorities together. If you wish to submit your votes independent of community discussion, you are (of course) free to do so. In the end, all that matters for the changes to occur is for enough people to feel the same way.​

2. Who can vote in the Balance Council?

In order to vote in the Balance Council you must fulfill the following conditions:​

a) Be at least Prestige 1 (New accounts cannot participate.)​

b) Either be in Pro Rank OR have won 50 ranked games in the current season​

We want those who participate in the Balance Council to prominently be experienced players that are familiar with the current meta; however, we also want to give lower-ranked players the chance to be represented, as long as they are active in the current season. We believe that both of these requirements will protect the system from potential abuse without being overly restrictive.​

3. How can I participate?

You can enter the Balance Council from the main menu through the menu card. Once open, you will see an interface similar to the Deck Builder. Everything you need to participate is there; just drag the cards you wish to vote for into the appropriate brackets. (NOTE: The positions within the brackets matter; see below.) You can vote for up to 3 cards in each bracket. These are:​
  • Provisions increaseProvisions decreasePower increasePower decrease
4. How many cards will be changed per voting cycle?
  • Max no. of changes per bracket: 10
  • Min no. of votes required: 50
  • Min no. of changes per bracket: 3 (Meaning that even if no cards met the required threshold of votes, three cards will still be changed per bracket.)
The reason for these limitations is that we want the Balance Council to be able to shake up the meta without creating chaos. It is difficult to predict how many players will interact with the feature before it is released, so we might tweak the thresholds according to the initial results.​

In the event of tie for the 10th card in a bracket, all tied cards will be affected.​

5. How does the position of the cards within the brackets matter?

Placing a card in the top position (three stars) corresponds to giving it three votes. Following the same pattern, the middle position represents two votes, and the bottom position—one vote. The top vote will always be the most impactful, so think carefully about your priorities.​

6. How often will the voting happen?

We intend to stick to the familiar pace of one cycle per month.​

7. Can I vote for a card in multiple brackets?

Yes. We want to avoid situations in which a player really wants to change a specific card, but has to guess which bracket it is more likely to receive more votes in. As a result, we want to be able to vote for a card in as many brackets as you like (even if they cancel each other out). Keep in mind that only the highest-voted change will go through in the end.​

8. Can a card be changed in more than one bracket?

No. To ensure that nothing is overnerfed or overbuffed, each card can be changed in only one bracket—in whichever it received the most votes. In the event of a tie, the priority of the votes (the number of higher value votes) will be used as a tiebreaker. (However, if the card received an identical number of votes in each value, per bracket, the results will be canceled out.)​

9. Can I vote for fewer than twelve cards?

Yes. Although you cannot vote for more than twelve cards, we have no minimum set in place.​

10. I want to nerf/buff a leader ability—which bracket should I put it in?

Since it’s not always clear if a change is a nerf or a buff (e.g., power increase to Disloyal cards is usually a nerf), we went with very literal names for the categories. The cards have up to two numbers on them: one for power and one for provision cost. When you vote for increase or decrease, the Balance Council will always increase and decrease the number you see on the card. So, if you vote for a provisions increase on a leader ability, you vote for the number to become higher (which in this case is a buff).​

11. Can a card go below 4 provisions? Can a unit go to 0 power? Are there any upper limits?

The minimum provision cost for cards is 4, and the minimum power for units is 1. You will not be able to vote for changes beyond the minimum values. There are no upper limits however. A card's provision cost can go as high as the players want. Same is true for power: in many years time, the dream of a 100-point Traheaern var Vdyffir may come true.​

12. What about Tokens and non-ownable cards? Can those be changed?

No. Cards that are not in the Deck Builder will not be affected by the Balance Council. This includes the alternative forms of evolving or transforming cards.​

13. Can I change my votes after submitting them?

Yes. As long as you edit the votes before the voting closes, you can change them and submit them again.​

14. When and where can I see the results of the voting?

After the voting closes, the game will be updated with all the changes that met the requirements. You will be able to see the list of changes upon entering the game, on the welcome screen.​

Thank you for playing GWENT. We are truly grateful to this incredible community of players, that now more than ever will shape the game.

What a year, what a season!

Now that the dust has settled, we'd like to say it once again: congratulations to Shunri Miyanoshita, AKA Mya-Mon369EX, champion of the GWENT World Masters Season 5!

It's been an amazing tournament — after defeating Season 2 World Masters Champion Pajabol in the semifinals, Mya-Mon369EX went on to win versus the newcomer SaNvAnTeR after one of the most exciting finals, spanning 6 games (including 1 draw) in total. Having played since the closed beta, this victory meant a lot to Mya-Mon369EX.

Here's the final tournament prize pool distribution:

If you missed the event, you can now watch it on our YouTube channel: Day 1 (Quarterfinals) and Day 2 (Semifinals and Final).

And with this, the official GWENT Masters esports series comes to an end. After 5 seasons and 30 events, the future of GWENT tournaments now lies in the hands of our great community. We want to thank all the players who participated in these tournaments, the casters and analysts for providing exciting commentary, and everyone watching our streams and making this all worth it.

From the entire GWENT Masters team: thank you and see you all in GWENTfinity!

The GWENT Masters e-sports series is slowly coming to an end – join us for the last official tournament! The World Masters Play-off Stage is happening this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, starting at 4 PM CET on both days.

It will be streamed live on our CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel and hosted by the incredible broadcast team you already know and love:

Now onto the participants! The 8 best players of the entire 2023 season will be taking part in the Play-offs: the winner of the Mid-Season Tournament – Kaneki_Yamori, the player with the most Crown Points in the global rankings – TLG_Pajabol, and the 6 finalists of the Group Stage: Mya-Mon369EX, SaNvAnTeR, Magpie131, Bukouski, Cat_Burger, and 优柔寡断的司徒空 (Joe).

They will be battling it out for a share of the 40 000 USD prize pool, and, of course, the bragging rights and the title of the 2023 GWENT World Champion. But they are not the only ones who can earn some prizes – the Divination Challenge is back! Head over to our dedicated page and try to predict the winners and scores to earn GWENT rewards. Remember to submit your picks by Friday, 23:59 CET!

What’s more, everyone who tunes in to our official Twitch broadcast will be able to earn the World Masters Twitch Drops, including the new and unique Season 5 cardback:

See you all soon!

Group Stage of the GWENT World Masters tournament is happening next weekend!

Like in the Mid-Season Tournament, the Group Stage matches will be casted live by our amazing streamers and casters: MissLadyJay, Euerfeldi, Lemon, Moshcraft, lionhart, GhostArya, Gandalf0271, Rykov, ArtNhr, Killerganon, kungfoorabbit, the_saltycaptain, Speci, Ceely, johaggis, and Kramushka. Check out the schedule (with links to the streams) below!

GROUP STAGE SCHEDULE:

Saturday, December 2nd

12:00 CET

(Group A) Mya-Mon369EX vs Cat_Burger

(Group C) 优柔寡断的司徒空 vs Gravesh

15:00 CET

(Group B) Puzzle.Express vs InNomineSatanas

(Group C) Kareem_Eid vs Magpie131

18:00 CET

(Group A) JaimeOneHand vs Truzky

(Group B) Bukouski vs Sanvanter

Sunday, December 3rd

10:00 CET

(Group A) Winners match

(Group C) Winners match

13:00 CET

(Group A) Losers match

(Group B) Winners match

16:00 CET

(Group A) Tiebreaker

(Group B) Losers match

(Group C) Losers match

19:00 CET

(Group B) Tiebreaker

(Group C) Tiebreaker

The November Season has begun and brings fresh changes decided by you via the Balance Council.

For this month's Seasonal Modes, make sure to keep reading below.

Seasonal Modes

Irresistible Attraction 14.11 - 21.11

Whenever you play a non-Spying unit, move a random enemy unit with the same power to the opposite side.

Even Fight 21.11 - 28.11

At the start of the game, increase the base power of all units in your deck by 14 minus their provisions.

Banished 28.11 - 05.12

After mulligan Banish both players decks. Whenever a card appears in any deck, banish it.

The next season begins with the start of the next month.

Hello everyone!

Not so long ago, we concluded our first Balance Council cycle. Voting is open for the second one, but we would like to apply some changes.

Choosing the number of changes for this system is a challenge. More changes mean their impact will be bigger, but also the spread of votes can be higher, which can result in overnerfing/overbuffing certain archetypes. Less changes mean the game is more stable - the spread of the votes is lower, which means that only a handful of deserving cards are affected, but as a consequence, the impact can be less noticeable.

Since, for technical reasons, we need to decide on one number for maximum changes for all brackets, we would like to try an approach opposite to the one we tried at first, so in the current cycle, the maximum number of changes per bracket will be 5. We will need your feedback to decide whether or not that is enough to have an impactful update, and based on that, we will decide what that number should become in future cycles.

Moreover, starting from the next cycle (the current one will be unaffected), we will increase the minimum number of wins for non-pro rank players to 50. Keep in mind that the regular length of the cycle is 1 month, so there will be more time to get there.

Happy voting!

Let’s watch the final tournament of the GWENT Masters series together!

Our GWENT Masters journey is slowly coming to an end — and we want to spend this last tournament with you, our community. Join us for a special watchparty of this year’s World Masters Playoff Stage, which will take place in our Warsaw HQ, on December 9th and 10th.

Please note that the number of places is limited — so if you’re over 18 years old and would like to get an invitation, send us an email to worldmasters@cdprojektred.com with your:
  • Full name
  • Alias/nickname
  • Message why you’d like to attend the watchparty :)
  • (Optional) Links to your social media accounts
We’ll be waiting for your e-mails until November 19th, 23:59 CET. We’ll get in touch with you before November 24th to let you know if you’re invited!

See you soon!

After the last series of Qualifiers, we now have a full lineup of players who will participate in the GWENT World Masters Group Stage! Congratulations to all!

As a reminder – GWENT World Masters tournament will be played in a Double Tournament format, also known as GSL, with all matches being Best-of-Five:
  • In the Group Stage, 12 participants will be seeded into 3 groups, and 2 winners from each group will qualify to the Playoff Stage.
  • In the Playoff Stage, 6 finalists of the Group Stage will be joined by the winner of the Mid-Season Tournament – Kaneki_Yamori, and the player with the most Crown Points in the global rankings – Pajabol. They will play in the traditional Single Elimination format: players will be eliminated from the tournament if they lose a match.
The Group Stage will be played on December 2nd-3rd (keep an eye out for info about live streams!) and the Playoff Stage will be played on December 9-10th – with an official live broadcast on twitch.tv/cdprojektred. More details coming soon!

September Season Qualifiers are coming!

The First Qualifier will be happening this weekend (October 21st-22nd) and the Second Qualifier – October 28-29th. You can find the lists of participants below.

Players eligible to participate in the First Qualifier (TOP 16) of the September Season:
  1. lerio2
  2. sergey.odessa.lord
  3. kerpeten96
  4. kazuyaj
  5. mattihautamaki
  6. cat_burger
  7. liu_m
  8. call_cha.se_4_sex
  9. 优柔寡断的司徒空
  10. danirai
  11. 打坤坤
  12. bukouski
  13. sweetfriend
  14. mistikal
  15. tlg_elquellora
  16. yuriyq
Players eligible to participate in the Second Qualifier (TOP 64) of the September Season:
  1. lerio2
  2. sergey.odessa.lord
  3. kerpeten96
  4. kazuyaj
  5. mattihautamaki
  6. cat_burger
  7. liu_m
  8. call_cha.se_4_sex
  9. 优柔寡断的司徒空
  10. danirai
  11. 打坤坤
  12. bukouski
  13. sweetfriend
  14. mistikal
  15. tlg_elquellora
  16. yuriyq
  17. dauren1992
  18. energiix
  19. jsn991
  20. peefech.
  21. captainflixon
  22. rvs3
  23. gandalf0271
  24. nik_r
  25. amnezia-gwent
  26. spellingbee
  27. maximumthegavr
  28. pepesmile
  29. violet.kiramman
  30. kams134
  31. --oxo--
  32. beardybog
  33. killerganon
  34. xhanthiax
  35. ichlibitiche
  36. artorias1119
  37. klymt
  38. takikiraly
  39. cabelo.beta
  40. sub☆zero
  41. lyrianl
  42. 你根本没在动物园你躲哪儿去了
  43. innominesatanas
  44. gabane
  45. 小罗辑
  46. spiedi
  47. lemon444
  48. addictedtodream
  49. labrit
  50. 9kjer
  51. cauevrihedd
  52. elsenyormayor
  53. 蓬艾之间
  54. yuedian
  55. 简单我成尊不就是了
  56. forgoil
  57. _gester_
  58. anti丶hero
  59. 镜子大湿兄
  60. -viipeer-
  61. tab_passi
  62. s6isobey
  63. keisari8
  64. paladinlev
  65. mr.j.b-man.adc
  66. somitequila

Last edited:

Welcome to the October Season!

Together with the implemented card changes, this season also brings the beginning of our community voting system.

We are truly excited to see, how it will be used and how GWENT will change with it.

For all the balance changes, check out the Patch Notes linked below.

Further down, you can find this month's Seasonal Modes.

The full Patch Notes: LINK

Seasonal Modes

Patience is a virtue! 17.10 - 24.10

At the start of the round and at the end of your turn, transform all cards in your hand into random ones that cost 1 provision more.

I didn't sign up for this 24.10 - 31.10

At the start of the game, transform all your cards into one from the same faction and rarity that wasn't in your starting deck.

Power Shift 31.10 - 07.11

At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.

Our battle will be Legendary! 07.11 - 14.11

Player's decks are replaced with a deck made of all the legendaries from their factions.

Irresistible Attraction 14.11 - 21.11

Whenever you play a non-Spying unit, move a random enemy unit with the same power to the opposite side.

This season is planned to end at midnight CET on November 15th.

Tomorrow we are releasing Update 11.10, which will include the final card changes made by us.

This means that moving forward, you will have control over all the changes made to the cards of GWENT.

For that, we have implemented the Balance Council, but more on that below.

Our latest Developer Update explains it in detail while highlighting the most important changes:
New Features
Balance Council - With the advent of GWENTFINITY, we are leaving the future balance of GWENT in your hands. Be sure to check out the FAQ, or read the the in-game information sheet in the Balance Council page to learn more.
Changes
iPhone and iPad users will now be able to override the default notch area through the Options menu under Screen.
Neutral
Ale of the Ancestors - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Ciri: Nova - Added new part of ability:

Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker are excluded from this condition.

Colossal Ifrit - Corrected the tooltip to reflect the ability (the ability targets 3 adjacent enemy units, not the opposite row).

Golden Nekker - Added new part of ability:

Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker are excluded from this condition.

Regis: Bloodlust - On the battlefield effect changed to:

Banish the top 3 cards from your deck.

Sangreal - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Tainted Ale - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Can no longer target allied units.

Crow's Eye - Boost changed from 3 to 4.

Thaw - Boost changed from 4 to 5.
Monsters
Vereena - Boost restriction now only affects enemy units.

Archespore - Now has the Cursed tag.
Nilfgaard
Affan Hillergrand - Ability changed to:

Once all leader Charges are used up, Summon self from your deck to a random allied row. If you control at least 4 units with Flanking, play self instead and gain Zeal.

Order: Boost all allied Soldiers with Armor by 1.

Rosa and Edna var Attre - Updated tooltip to reflect that only unique Aristocrats are counted, and that Spawned copies gain Doomed.

Deithwen Arbalest - Now has Counter: 6
Northern Realms
Princess Adda - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Devotion): Gain Immunity.

The first time a Cursed unit enters the battlefield during your turn, boost self by its base power.

Radovid: Judgment - Added new part of ability:

Order: Damage an enemy unit by 0. Increase this value by 1 for each time you used your leader ability this game.

Seltkirk of Gulet - Now has the Cursed tag.

Vandergrift - Now has the Cursed tag.
Scoia'tael
Angus Bri Cri - Updated tooltip to reflect that all Elven Deadeyes appearing on your side of the battlefield are boosted (not just those who were Spawned).

Mahakam Pass - Can now Create any bronze Scoia'tael Dwarves (not only Mahakam Dwarves).

Pavko Gale - Now has Harmony.
Skellige
Otkell - The Deploy ability is now limited to the Ranged row.

Now damages self by instances of 1.

Svalblod - Damage required to Spawn a Svalblod Fanatic changed from 6 to 8.
Syndicate
Ixora - Vice requirement changed from 6 to 8.

Novigrad - Provision cost changed from 10 to 12.

Game Fixes

Recommended cards in the Deck Builder once again display their tooltips.

The Shield VFX should no longer remain on the board in rare cases, after the unit it belonged to leaves play.

Chort is no longer a common Beast, but an epic Relict!

Henry var Attre's Spawned cards are now shown in the preview screen.

Casting Contest no longer disables Grace for bronze units.

Deithwen Arbalest now only damages one unit at a time when multiple statuses are applied simultaneously.

Princess Adda and Svalblod no longer react to units moved between rows on the same side of the battlefield.

Salamandra Mage no longer counts Adrenaline inconsistently when reacting to Tributes.

Last edited:

11.10 is the last content patch prepared by the GWENT team. Moving forward, all changes will be decided by your votes!​

With this update, we are introducing the Balance Council: a voting system that allows the players to decide which cards should be stronger, weaker, costlier, or cheaper.​

1. What is the purpose of the Balance Council?

Monthly changes to the cards are an important part of the GWENT content cycle; we always tried to ensure that there is something new to consider at the start of each season. We want to—at least to an extent—preserve this part of GWENT. This is why we developed the Balance Council, a feature that ensures changes to cards will still be happening as long as there are people who want them.​

The Balance Council works best when the community cooperates. As there is a minimum vote threshold required, per card, for a change to go through (see below), it is good to talk to fellow GWENT players (e.g., on Reddit or the official GWENT Discord) and decide on the priorities together. If you wish to submit your votes independent of community discussion, you are (of course) free to do so. In the end, all that matters for the changes to occur is for enough people to feel the same way.​

2. Who can vote in the Balance Council?

In order to vote in the Balance Council you must fulfill the following conditions:​

a) Be at least Prestige 1 (New accounts cannot participate.)​

b) Either be in Pro Rank OR have won 25 ranked games in the current season​

We want those who participate in the Balance Council to prominently be experienced players that are familiar with the current meta; however, we also want to give lower-ranked players the chance to be represented, as long as they are active in the current season. We believe that both of these requirements will protect the system from potential abuse without being overly restrictive.​

3. How can I participate?

You can enter the Balance Council from the main menu through the menu card. Once open, you will see an interface similar to the Deck Builder. Everything you need to participate is there; just drag the cards you wish to vote for into the appropriate brackets. (NOTE: The positions within the brackets matter; see below.) You can vote for up to 3 cards in each bracket. These are:​
  • Provisions increaseProvisions decreasePower increasePower decrease
4. How many cards will be changed per voting cycle?
  • Max no. of changes per bracket: 15
  • Min no. of votes required: 50
  • Min no. of changes per bracket: 3 (Meaning that even if no cards met the required threshold of votes, three cards will still be changed per bracket.)
The reason for these limitations is that we want the Balance Council to be able to shake up the meta without creating chaos. It is difficult to predict how many players will interact with the feature before it is released, so we might tweak the thresholds according to the initial results.​

In the event of tie for the 15th card in a bracket, all tied cards will be affected.​

5. How does the position of the cards within the brackets matter?

Placing a card in the top position (three stars) corresponds to giving it three votes. Following the same pattern, the middle position represents two votes, and the bottom position—one vote. The top vote will always be the most impactful, so think carefully about your priorities.​

6. How often will the voting happen?

We intend to stick to the familiar pace of one cycle per month; however, in November (2023) we will have two voting cycles in order to test if everything works as intended.​

7. Can I vote for a card in multiple brackets?

Yes. We want to avoid situations in which a player really wants to change a specific card, but has to guess which bracket it is more likely to receive more votes in. As a result, we want to be able to vote for a card in as many brackets as you like (even if they cancel each other out). Keep in mind that only the highest-voted change will go through in the end.​

8. Can a card be changed in more than one bracket?

No. To ensure that nothing is overnerfed or overbuffed, each card can be changed in only one bracket—in whichever it received the most votes. In the event of a tie, the priority of the votes (the number of higher value votes) will be used as a tiebreaker. (However, if the card received an identical number of votes in each value, per bracket, the results will be canceled out.)​

9. Can I vote for fewer than twelve cards?

Yes. Although you cannot vote for more than twelve cards, we have no minimum set in place.​

10. I want to nerf/buff a leader ability—which bracket should I put it in?

Since it’s not always clear if a change is a nerf or a buff (e.g., power increase to Disloyal cards is usually a nerf), we went with very literal names for the categories. The cards have up to two numbers on them: one for power and one for provision cost. When you vote for increase or decrease, the Balance Council will always increase and decrease the number you see on the card. So, if you vote for a provisions increase on a leader ability, you vote for the number to become higher (which in this case is a buff).​

11. Can a card go below 4 provisions? Can a unit go to 0 power? Are there any upper limits?

The minimum provision cost for cards is 4, and the minimum power for units is 1. You will not be able to vote for changes beyond the minimum values. There are no upper limits however. A card's provision cost can go as high as the players want. Same is true for power: in many years time, the dream of a 100-point Traheaern var Vdyffir may come true.​

12. What about Tokens and non-ownable cards? Can those be changed?

No. Cards that are not in the Deck Builder will not be affected by the Balance Council. This includes the alternative forms of evolving or transforming cards.​

13. Can I change my votes after submitting them?

Yes. As long as you edit the votes before the voting closes, you can change them and submit them again.​

14. When and where can I see the results of the voting?

After the voting closes, the game will be updated with all the changes that met the requirements. You will be able to see the list of changes upon entering the game, on the welcome screen.​

Last edited:
Something ends, something begins…

”Heritage” is the final card drop of the year, introducing 12 new legendary cards that support a variety of existing archetypes. Which decks will you try out first?

You can find a list of all the new cards right here: LINK

“We may not have any say in what we are born into, but we are entirely responsible for what we choose to leave behind.”

The Heritage Pack contains all Heritage premium cards, the Cursed Heiress Skin (Northern Realms), and both the Princess Adda and Adda Striga Avatars.

The cosmetic items can also be bought separately without the cards in the Cursed Heiress Adda Bundle.

Both options will leave the shop in December.

The 2nd part of GWENT Masters Season 5 is in full swing and we have another round of qualifiers in September!

The First Qualifier will take place on September 23-24th and the Second Qualifier on September 30th and October 1st. You can find the lists of participants below.

Players eligible to participate in the First Qualifier (TOP 16) of the August Season:
  1. mya-mon369ex
  2. lerio2
  3. tlg_pajabol
  4. peefech.
  5. liu_m
  6. kareem_eid
  7. magpie131
  8. gandalf0271
  9. pepesmile
  10. 17yo-heroineslvt
  11. mattihautamaki
  12. ronaldinhogwent
  13. bukouski
  14. 星条旗の小丑
  15. danirai
  16. cat_burger
Players eligible to participate in the Second Qualifier (TOP 64) of the August Season:
  1. mya-mon369ex
  2. lerio2
  3. tlg_pajabol
  4. peefech.
  5. liu_m
  6. kareem_eid
  7. magpie131
  8. gandalf0271
  9. pepesmile
  10. 17yo-heroineslvt
  11. mattihautamaki
  12. ronaldinhogwent
  13. bukouski
  14. 星条旗の小丑
  15. danirai
  16. cat_burger
  17. iluxa228
  18. sif_great_wolf
  19. jaimeonehand
  20. energiix
  21. caemilech
  22. jsn991
  23. kazuyaj
  24. ionlyggclowns
  25. tlg_elquellora
  26. hannsu
  27. artorias1119
  28. 优柔寡断的司徒空
  29. chforichi
  30. anti丶hero
  31. spellingbee
  32. posubao
  33. beardybog
  34. teb_passi
  35. admiral__bulldog
  36. 圣洁男性
  37. amnezia-gwent
  38. kwild
  39. rvs3
  40. maximumthegavr
  41. killerganon
  42. addictedtodream
  43. 沉着的襟度
  44. tab_passi
  45. -krzychu-
  46. infinitegringo
  47. xhanthiax
  48. legooha
  49. 镜子大湿兄
  50. armonicos.
  51. cha.se
  52. edizsevim
  53. 打坤坤
  54. pawelzajac
  55. --oxo--
  56. kanontas
  57. cauevrihedd
  58. jokerr666
  59. 高尾山
  60. foreveryolo1337
  61. takikiraly
  62. violet.kiramman
  63. yuriyq
  64. tzj
  65. _rogal_
  66. dora.so.baseeed

Last edited:

Today we kick off our September Season!

Besides our latest card drop “Heritage”, we also have a big amount of card changes and a fine selection of Seasonal Modes prepared for you!

Seasonal Modes

Bearly Balanced 12.09 - 19.09

Your deck is replaced with 16 Elder Bears with different power. Leader abilities are disabled.

Double Down 19.09 - 26.09

Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from your deck. Your starting deck is doubled in size at the start of the match.

Poor man's Gwent 26.09 - 03.10

At the start of the game, Transform all gold cards into random bronzes from your faction.

Battle Rush 03.10 - 10.10

Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.

Dual Casting 10.10 - 17.10

Once per turn, when you play a special card, spawn and play a copy of it immediately after.

This season is planned to end on October 17th, 10:00 A.M. CEST.

Last edited:

Update 11.9 is coming tomorrow, and with it, the last card drop for GWENT.

We truly hope you enjoy these 12 cards and are excited to see, what you create with them.

We are also making changes to existing cards to support the new card drop, as found below.

For a rundown of the most important balance changes check out the latest Developer Update:
New Features
Heritage - Just as we must accept the hands we're dealt in life, so must we also be mindful of what it is we leave behind.

Our final card drop introduces two new legendary cards for each playable faction.
ChangesNeutral
Ale of the Ancestors - Ability changed to:

Resilience.

Zeal. Order: Boost a unit by 3 and Infuse it with "Whenever this unit is targeted by Mahakam Ale or Golden Froth, boost self by 2".

Cooldown: 2

Colossal Ifrit - Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Damage 3 units on the opposite row by [0]. Increase this value by 1 for each Construct you played this game.

Cooldown: 3

Cyprian Wiley - Power limit of the target changed from 3 to 4.

Enraged Ifrit - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by [5]. Increase this value by 1 for each Construct you played this game.

Eskel: Pathfinder - Power changed from 7 to 4.

Provision cost changed from 9 to 10.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Destroy an enemy unit with a primary category that is not in your starting deck.

Frenzied D'ao - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Play [1] Rock Barrage(s) from your deck. Increase this value by 1 for each Construct you played this game. If no Rock Barrages are available, move an enemy unit to the other row instead.

Geralt: Aard - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.

Gregoire de Gorgon - Deathblow boost changed from 5 to 8.

Ivo of Belhaven - Power changed from 5 to 1.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by 0. Increase this value for each card you played this round.

Marlene de Trastamara - Ability changed to:

Doomed.

Order: If not Doomed, gain Resilience.

Nivellen - Power changed from 5 to 8.

Provision cost changed from 6 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Move all units on an enemy row to the other row.

Primordial D'ao - Ability changed to:

Shield.

Deploy: Boost self by [0]. Increase this value by 1 for each Construct you played this game.

Regis: Bloodlust - Power changed from 4 to 20.

Ability changed to:

When you lose a round while this card is:

On the battlefield - Banish your deck.

In your hand or deck - Banish self.

In your graveyard - Banish the top 3 cards from your deck.

Tainted Ale - Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Damage a unit by 2 and Infuse it with "Whenever this unit receives a boost, damage self by 1".

Charges: 3

The Last Wish - Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.

Armorer's Workshop - Ability now includes:

If you have Armorer's Workshop in your graveyard, boost 3 adjacent units by 3 and give them 3 Armor instead.

Inspirational Ballad - Ability changed to:

Give Vitality (6) to a random allied Witcher, Dwarf, Human, and Vampire.

Oxenfurt Scholar - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by 1 for each card with a provision cost of 11 or higher in your starting deck.
Monsters
Adda: Striga - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Provision cost changed from 7 to 9.

Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order (Predator): Consume a Token. If it was allied, double the boost from it.

Alpha Werewolf - Now has the Cursed tag.

Power changed from 6 to 4.

Provision cost changed from 6 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Boost a Beast in your hand by the number of cards in your hand.

Deploy (Ranged): Boost all allied Beasts by 1.

Mourntart - Armor changed from 4 to 0.

Provision cost changed from 7 to 10.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Banish all units in your graveyard, then boost self by 1 for each.

Plague Maiden - Ability now includes:

Order: Destroy a Rat, then Poison an enemy unit.

Cooldown: 1

Cockatrice - Power changed from 4 to 2.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by 2 for each adjacent Beast.

Predator: Also Poison an enemy unit.

Werewolf - Now has the Cursed tag.

Power changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Predator): Boost self by an enemy unit's power.
Nilfgaard
Vilgefortz - Melee Deploy ability changed to:

Destroy an enemy unit, then your opponent Summons the top bronze unit from their deck to a random enemy row.

Deithwen Arbalest - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Whenever an enemy unit gains a status during your turn, damage it by 1.
Northern Realms
Ban Ard Tutor - Power changed from 2 to 4.

Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Whenever you play a unique special card, boost self by 2.

Kaedweni Sergeant - Number of Charges changed from 2 to 3.

Reaver Scout - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Temerian Infantry - Ability changed to:

Formation.

Order: Boost an allied unit by 2 for each remaining Charge of your leader ability.
Scoia'tael
Vrihedd Saboteur - Ability changed to:

Deploy: If you control an artifact, Spawn an Elven Deadeye on this row.
Skellige
Udalryk an Brokvar - Power changed from 4 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Order (Berserk 7): Set an enemy unit's power to match own power.

Dimun Pirate Captain - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Bloodthirst 2): Gain Zeal.

Order: Damage a unit by 1.

Charges: 3

Disgraced Brawler - Bloodthirst requirement changed from 3 to 1.
Syndicate
Hvitr and Aelydia - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Hoard 6: At the end of your turn, damage a random enemy unit by 2.

Deathblow: Gain 2 Coins.

Tamara Strenger - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Wheel of Fortune - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Damage an enemy unit by 0. At the end of your turn, while in hand or deck, change this value to a random number between 1 and 10.

Arena Endrega - Power changed from 6 to 4.

Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Gain Coins equal to the amount an allied unit is damaged.

Mutant Killer - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by 1 for each Poisoned unit on the battlefield.
Game Fixes
Certain leader abilities, such as Pincer Maneuver and Invigorate, no longer become deselected after using up two Charges.

The Training Versus AI Mode no longer becomes stuck when the AI runs out of row space.

Bearification can now correctly target face-down Traps.

Dagon: Promised's Infusion is now cleared from units whose Deathwish ability takes them immediately back to the battlefield.

Falibor no longer converts the total boost spread across the board into damage.

King Demavend III's selected cards are now shown correctly in the preview screen.

Quarixis finally sounds the way he was intended to.

Temple of Melitele: Congregation now shows its Spawned cards in the preview screen.

The opening game in the Tutorial no longer skips the pop-up message about the deck and graveyard.

We may not have any say in what we are born into, but we are entirely responsible for what we choose to leave behind.

"Heritage" - the final 12 legendary cards will be released September 12th!

With 6 factions and 6 days to go, reveals start today!

All revealed cards will be added right here! ⬇️

By Lerio02

By DevilDriven:

By Mlakuss:

By Giordaniko (ESC):

By Maxou + Tankoff:

By GwentData (AndreNL):

Saturday:

By MissLadyJay:

By Lionhart

Sunday:

By Rykov + Pajabol

By Ry Ry (Sandbox Magician)

Monday:

By TGGwent

By Shinmiri

Last edited:

The monthly qualifiers return after a short break as we’re entering into the 2nd part of GWENT Masters Season 5!

The First Qualifier this month will take place on August 19-20th and the Second Qualifier on August 26-27th. You can find the lists of participants below.

Players eligible to participate in the First Qualifier (TOP 16) of the July Season:

1 puzzle.express

2 tlg_pajabol

3 lerio2

4 willywonka.

5 sanvanter

6 mya-mon369ex

7 rabbitgeorge

8 anti丶hero

9 babsiboingboing

10 kupcevic

11 holdyr

12 17yo-emogirl

13 tupoy_zdorovyak

14 gandalf0271

15 danirai

16 magpie131

Players eligible to participate in the Second Qualifier (TOP 64) of the July Season:

1 puzzle.express

2 tlg_pajabol

3 lerio2

4 willywonka.

5 sanvanter

6 mya-mon369ex

7 rabbitgeorge

8 anti?hero

9 babsiboingboing

10 kupcevic

11 holdyr

12 17yo-emogirl

13 tupoy_zdorovyak

14 gandalf0271

15 danirai

16 magpie131

17 jaimeonehand

18 jsn991

19 redrame

20 dauren1992

21 spellingbee

22 teb_passi

23 高尾山

24 圣洁男性

25 乱世の小浣熊

26 围巾哥哥

27 sonozaki_killa

28 liu_m

29 捡破烂的猎魔人

30 kanontas

31 artorias1119

32 kams134

33 优柔寡断的司徒空

34 rvs3

35 ima-mon4812xjr

36 caemilech

37 kareem_eid

38 beardybog

39 killerganon

40 doublezift

41 energiix

42 gabane

43 bukouski

44 sprout.q

45 镜子大湿兄

46 lemon444

47 pepesmile

48 nogg4netdeckers

49 kamidanomi

50 okoglaz

51 truzky

52 sex+79632710001

53 takikiraly

54 ayunoshioyaki

55 dykyj_kaban

56 hannsu

57 简单我成尊不就是了

58 aset97

59 gniew_brokilonu

60 kaiserinl

61 maximumthegavr

62 fulltiltgwent

63 psychokid777

64 cauevrihedd

65 打坤坤

66 sebinho101

Today marks the beginning of the August Season!

While bringing adjustments to our card pool, it once again has a great selection of Seasonal Modes for you in-store!

Seasonal Modes

Power Shift 08.08 - 15.08

At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.

Our battle will be Legendary! 15.08 - 22.08

Players decks are replaced with a deck made of all the legendaries from their factions.

Irresistible Attraction 22.08 - 29.08

Even Fight 29.08 - 05.09

At the start of the game, increase the base power of all units in your deck by 14 minus their provisions.

Banished 05.09 - 12.09

After mulligan Banish both players decks. Whenever a card appears in any deck, banish it.

This season is planned to end on September 12th, 10:00 A.M. CEST.

Top Bottom