Misteries of Night City

+
Hey everyone. Wanted to create this thread (couldn't find one related, please tell me if there is such a thread already) so people can ask questions or offer information about storybits that happen through the city or other type of visual clue that offers context somewhere, in other words: I'd like for this to be a thread where people can ask if there's a mistery somewhere or just say, "found this. Is it related to something?", Eastereggs or share some you found that struck you.
Sometimes one NCPD event in city center shows us a datashard that references a character we know from a Gig with Padre; there are tons of small encaptured stories like this and a lot of names to sometimes recollect where you heard it. (there are usefulshard wikis on the net if we don't remember a name and can't find the shard)

I'd like to share one, asking you guys if you think whether there is something here:
You know in Westbrook, by the side of the road, placed on top of a rocky dirt small hill, there are a bunch of big neon letters spelling "eat the rich".
Close by is a Tyger Claws stash. We need to read a shard found on a dead driver that went off a bridge, close to the Columbarium. Inside the small room where the stash is at are 2 similar neon letters "A" "R". So if these are connected, all the letters are:

E T I R
A T R A
E H H C

Do these spell anything to you? Are there more letters close by? Was trying to find where they took the letters from. No megacorp as far as I can tell.
If it even meant it was the Tyger Claws that "put that sign up".

Hey,
there are many for me - like zen master, the purpose of the relic, Mr. blue eyes, Garry, ff06b5,...

Currently, I am looking into the symbol which appeared in Witcher 3:
witcher_3_symbol.png

The snake is the Uroboros snake, which represents the looping naturality of things, and the inner triangle is probably the outer part of the philosopher's stone. This has been discovered, of course.

Then I found this site: page link

which clarifies the three circles on the sides of the triangle:
luna_sun_terra.png

...may represent the moon, the sun, and the earth - or the spirit, the soul, and the body respectively.

What's interesting - according to the page, the innermost circle should portray man and woman inside - the harmony of two genders:
man_woman.png

Then, the square - its four sides - represents the matter - four elements making the world we live in.
And these are missing on the Witcher 3 image. Actually, more than that - they are in flames.

The triangle may represent the harmony of spirit, soul and body.

The next thing I noticed is that all three circles (luna, sun, terra) are damaged in a single place, and they seem to be rotated to point to the outer (Uroboros) circle. And they seem to point in between the curled parts.
Maybe, when read in order, they form a message...? :)

Edit: I just remembered that Geralt can obtain the mask of Uroboros. What about using it in front of the symbol? o_O

Last edited:
Hey,
there are many for me - like zen master, the purpose of the relic, Mr. blue eyes, Garry, ff06b5,...

Currently, I am looking into the symbol which appeared in Witcher 3:
View attachment 11356660

The snake is the Uroboros snake, which represents the looping naturality of things, and the inner triangle is probably the outer part of the philosopher's stone. This has been discovered, of course.

Then I found this site: page link

which clarifies the three circles on the sides of the triangle:
View attachment 11356663
...may represent the moon, the sun, and the earth - or the spirit, the soul, and the body respectively.

What's interesting - according to the page, the innermost circle should portray man and woman inside - the harmony of two genders:
View attachment 11356666

Then, the square - its four sides - represents the matter - four elements making the world we live in.
And these are missing on the Witcher 3 image. Actually, more than that - they are in flames.

The triangle may represent the harmony of spirit, soul and body.

The next thing I noticed is that all three circles (luna, sun, terra) are damaged in a single place, and they seem to be rotated to point to the outer (Uroboros) circle. And they seem to point in between the curled parts.
Maybe, when read in order, they form a message...? :)

Edit: I just remembered that Geralt can obtain the mask of Uroboros. What about using it in front of the symbol? o_O
You think this will link into CP somehow?
I mean the image inside the triangle, not the fire but the vertical lines look like a netrunner reference and is the color not ff06b5?
Didn't know about it. Haven't played The Witcher 3 in ages, still waiting till I almost completely forget the story. I'm almost there except for the major things.

You think this will link into CP somehow?
I mean the image inside the triangle, not the fire but the vertical lines look like a netrunner reference and is the color not ff06b5?
Definitely, the image is the same.

I am thinking that FF:06:B5 - written like that with the colons - may be the values of the attributes - like FF(255) spirit, 06(6) soul, B5 (181) body - whatever that means - maybe perks invested...?
That's the only triplet I see in the Witcher image.

The next thing I noticed is that the Uroboros is split into four parts by its curled body.
The page mentions the importance of the number four in philosophy and religion.
It may represent four elements, four seasons,... - or maybe in this case, because it's part of the Uroboros body - four stages of...existence/life? (repeated over and over, because Uroboros is cyclical)

The next thing I noticed is that the outmost circle of the philosopher's stone symbol would lie on (match) Uroboros's body.
According to the page, the outmost ring represents the macrocosm - basically everything - including the universe and maybe God...?
I find that weird.
Combining these two thoughts together may mean that the macrocosm is also part of the cyclic nature, and somehow dies and starts anew.
Though I don't know if it's intentional.

I am not sure about what is the symbol trying to communicate.
Post automatically merged:

One thing that comes to my mind is that it's a tease for a new CDPR game :D
Like a hidden marketing campaign.
Then players would be hitting their foreheads in desperate confusion because they could've solved it all the time; and CDPR would look smart and cool :O
Post automatically merged:

I have two more things to point out:

- Snake's eye has the same colour as the background of the triangle. This can mean he (for)sees what's inside. The insight could be metaphorical - it would see what happened/will happen around the end/start of the cycle...? Or maybe why the harmony inside the triangle is in flames?

- the letter pairs are bound to well-defined elements on the image - five points around the "cycle" and three pairs in the smaller circles - meaning that they may have meaning on their own. Something like:

VQ = start/end of the cycle, restart,...
BZ = first stage, birth, life,...
GB = second stage
KW = third stage
FF = last stage, end, death,...

I think that understanding them will lead to understanding the image.

Last edited:
One more update - I was thinking about similarities between CP's statue and W3's image and the thing I noticed is that they may similar by:
- ff:06:b5 =(logically) fp: ove:yar
- five points on Uroboros = five points on the statue (the sphere, (2x) the sword, the empty hand,...?)
- the "6 lines symbol" may be a key or a "binding" of some sort - note that on both of the "objects" (image, statue) there is a triplet of letters, 4 lines on the "6 lines" symbol, 5 points (mentioned above), and 6 lines on the "6 lines" symbol

Maybe the letters need to be "deciphered" somehow by the logic shown by the lines?

One more update - I was thinking about similarities between CP's statue and W3's image and the thing I noticed is that they may similar by:
- ff:06:b5 =(logically) fp: ove:yar
- five points on Uroboros = five points on the statue (the sphere, (2x) the sword, the empty hand,...?)
- the "6 lines symbol" may be a key or a "binding" of some sort - note that on both of the "objects" (image, statue) there is a triplet of letters, 4 lines on the "6 lines" symbol, 5 points (mentioned above), and 6 lines on the "6 lines" symbol

Maybe the letters need to be "deciphered" somehow by the logic shown by the lines?

What are you trying to point out with the video?

Believe I have seen it, but refreshed a few things nevertheless:
- vampires use the symbol in Witcher 3 (the most common appearance is on Regis's gloves)
- Arasaka family members are hinted to be vampires a few times
- there is the naked man in front of the tower
- the spectres in the tower are immortal
- there is a fire stand in the first room in the tower, and there is fire on the image - maybe use it somehow?
- on some of the statues, the code FF 06 B5 is written without semicolons - meaning they may have purely separational function

It got me more confused :D
Now I am thinking that the symbol is used for vampiric exiles, their loss of immortality,...
That would be why Regis has it on his gloves - to show his status (to other vampires).

And that could mean that the dead body in front of the tower is an exiled vampire. (- maybe even Dettlaff?)
The symbol is there, once again, to show his betrayal; the spectres are immortal because they drew immortality from it, and the body is what is left of him.
Notice that when Regis bites Dettlaff in the end, Dettlaff transforms into a man.

Top Bottom