The New Patch Information Thread

+
Rykov123;n8089130 said:
YenCon can now only hit 1 unit per turn (ties resolved randomly)

And for some reason Rot Tossers can still hit all of the weakest units. I would prefer them having ties resolved randomly than getting an extra turn.
If you have nothing on hand it doesn't matter and your row can still be completely destroyed by a weather card.

NR will see a comeback with Kaedweni Sergeant now that golds are almost untouchable
Why would I run Dandelion now when I can have 3 Kaedweni Siege Experts in my decks + 3 bronze Yen Cons on the siege row.

Witchers are now 6/5/5, while crones are 7/6/6
Pavetta got a strength buff but only cast epidemic once.
Shani have 2 power now.

Monster passive now only keeps units played from the hand.

DMaster2;n8089530 said:
Witchers are now 6/5/5, while crones are 7/6/6
Pavetta got a strength buff but only cast epidemic once.
Shani have 2 power now.

Monster passive now only keeps units played from the hand.

the witchers feel like they've been nerfed too hard.

Witchers: 16 strength, 3 Silver Slots
Temerian Foot Soldiers: 12 Strength, 3 bronze slots.

Cant see them getting too much play when this patch goes live in that state..

Topics merged. Let's keep all the unofficial patch notes in this one thread and in this forum. News section is only for official RED topics :)

Some changes seem a bit... excessive. I've tested for a few game developers and I've never really seen such a drastic change in one patch. The new row mechanic I get that's a huge overhaul, and a lot of changes are fine, but some cards are basically unusable now. Usually things are buffed or nerfed in smaller increments then you give it time to gather data, especially with no firm release date. Is that just how CDPR rolls with their patches normally?

New_Faded;n8089990 said:
Is that just how CDPR rolls with their patches normally?
Gwent is CDPR's first game of this kind, so I believe they're in new territory here. As such, their previous games mayn't be much of a guide when it comes to patching the beta versions of cards.

Big nerfs to control decks and other other good changes to shake things up. I just wonder if they will do something with Ge'els ability for the positioning. Thank you.

Vrihedd Sappers changed to; 8 str. after 2 turns, reveal. Still agile. Saw it on the stream while they we're browsing.

seffard;n8090280 said:
Big nerfs to control decks and other other good changes to shake things up. I just wonder if they will do something with Ge'els ability for the positioning. Thank you.

Ge'els is different now. He is now add 2 strength to all non-gold units on your side of the board. (I think loyal units, although I'm not sure)

4RM3D You can add that change to the list.

Saft29;n8090340 said:
Vrihedd Sappers changed to; 8 str. after 2 turns, reveal. Still agile. Saw it on the stream while they we're browsing.
Lim3zer0;n8090400 said:
Ge'els is different now. He is now add 2 strength to all non-gold units on your side of the board. (I think loyal units, although I'm not sure)

Added. Thanks.

O MY GOD WHY? ...
this patch is basically a massive nerf to all 5 factions and special cards with the introduction of positioning...
this patch is 90% nerf
- Triss/Roche/Radovid can no longer target gold units. Triss: Butterfly Spell now adds 2 Strength to your units in your hand, Pavetta is now 7 strength but only casts Epidemic once, Radovid's new ability: deal 4 damage to non-gold and lock/unlock. NL BURIED.
- Nekkers are now unbreedable MS CONSUME BURIED.
- Mahakam Defender now has 5 strength but only gets 1 round resilience. RESILIENCE SC BURIED.
idk what to spend my scraps on and what to keep out of kegs all 5 factions (less for NG and SK) are beaten to death...

Last edited:
Ruthless95;n8090500 said:
O MY GOD WHY? ...
this patch is basically a massive nerf to all 5 factions and special cards with the introduction of positioning...
this patch is 90% nerf
If all 5 factions are nerfed, philosophically speaking, nothing is nerfed. But literally speaking, all that matters now is to see what goes back on top, every class being changed just implies balance tuning, not that the game will just be worse.

Roche/Triss/Iorveth nerf is prob the worst. Kambi is going to be the next shite. And Skellige got buffed again. I mean, an Epic Gold Boar of the Sea with 3+2+1 is much better than a Sliver Legendary 2+2+1 Myrgtabrakke. I have no idea what's going on...

The brightest part for me is Aglais no longer relentless. But tied to a siege row now.

Top Bottom