The New Patch Information Thread

+
It is sad that Dijkstra was changed. it was a really fun card, that made a lot of unexpected game changes and surprises, even if it was generally not very powerful, so seldom used.
new Dijkstra is now much more boring.

soooo,i overall like the new changes,except for the roche-Iorveth-triss changes.

these nerfs mean that there is no other counter to gold cards other that d-shackles and d-bomb(making them an absolute must for each an every deck from now on).

the worse thing about these nerfs,is that i dont really understand the reasoning behind them.a gold card countering another gold card is absolutelly fine.they are still niece and all,but their change was both unexpected and unneeded(to be honest i expect them to be reverted in the following patch).add the radovid change to this(a good one this one,much more interesting than before)and there is almost 0 counters to gold cards,except the 2 i mentioned above.

Maybe there are more demote cards coming who knows :/.

PS: RIP discard SK!(also there was some change to Ithlinne if im not mistaken 4RM3D ?)

Last edited:
salvamates;n8093660 said:
Wanna nerf weather???? Make that any unit (exept gold and weather resitence) lose 1 str pe turn to min 1. Like ancient foglet but backwards. And lose 1 str instantly at use.

Incremental weather damage is one of the suggestions to fix it.

pl91;n8094650 said:
also there was some change to Ithlinne if im not mistaken

Already on the list, but it's under "Position Changes".

LadyAly;n8094940 said:
So - is there still a unit outside which can target a gold unit ????

well technically there are 2,the demote unit from NR, and yennefer which removes 2 or adds 2 to strength.also technically eithne can replay gold units.but i think thats about it.

i believe that the whole gold cards limitation should be changed.maybe instead of being untargetable by almost anything,they should receive like 50% of the effect(rounding down the numbers for odd-number effects).so for example instead of Iorveth not being able to target golds,his ability could be change to dealing just 3 dmg to gold cards.this way you add a lot more 2-3 card-combo counters(like Iets say double alzurs thunder on a gold to kill it),while at the same time keeping them strong enough to be considered a step above all other cards(their strength could also be adjusted).

I think that such a change should be tested in closed beta,at least to see if it would work better than the current iteration.

4RM3D

Some more changes:
  • First light was made fleeting as well.
  • Dimeritium shackles toggles locking a unit. (if non-gold to begin with, it wont demote and lock at the same time (i think))
  • Renew cannot target perma-death units, (so cant resurrect shani)
  • Brouver Hoog had a tooltip update, he now reads "Look at all silver cards in your deck, play one, and place the others back randomly in your deck"
  • The pirate captain will only gain 1 strength now, but will do it whilst in your hand, deck or on the battlefield.
  • Iorveth and roche can target units on your side now, (same as triss)
  • and an amendment to the emissary description, it now reads: "Look at the top 2 bronze units in your deck, play one, and place the other back randomly in your deck"

Last edited:
- Rot Tossers base strength changed from 4 to 6 and carcass now takes 2 turns to go off with the non-NG player having the final turn to deal with it.
- Cahir now reads: if your opponent has not passed, regain leader power and your opponent then draws a bronze card and reveal it.

THANK YOU MY LAWRD!

Any idea on the ETA?

sooo, I always feel like I must be the only one playing skellige because this patch nerfed the hell outta them. They were already nerfed in resurrection, now restore wont res permadeth? so lets get this straight, the supposed resurrection/graveyard faction can no longer chain resurrect at all(meanwhile nr has some ridiculous resurrection combos) so restore is basically dead now, they had already made it so everyone can steal and play units from their graveyard which is ridiculous to a faction that relies on it, and now they made it so you can just lock morkvard (the only unit that was safe from stealing from the graveyard) and olgierd, someone point me to the threads for other factions because skellige's graveyard is officially dead.

roundert;n8101350 said:
sooo, I always feel like I must be the only one playing skellige because this patch nerfed the hell outta them. They were already nerfed in resurrection, now restore wont res permadeth? so lets get this straight, the supposed resurrection/graveyard faction can no longer chain resurrect at all(meanwhile nr has some ridiculous resurrection combos) so restore is basically dead now, they had already made it so everyone can steal and play units from their graveyard which is ridiculous to a faction that relies on it, and now they made it so you can just lock morkvard (the only unit that was safe from stealing from the graveyard) and olgierd, someone point me to the threads for other factions because skellige's graveyard is officially dead.

I said it feels like I'm only one playing them because I never see anyone mad about this but me.

roundert;n8101380 said:
I said it feels like I'm only one playing them because I never see anyone mad about this but me.

I play Queensguard so I feel you but it's not like we can do anything :sad:

It feels like Vicovaro Medic/Griffin/Katakan where created without thinking too much about how many cards are built around resurrecting in SK. Really hope they realize this before releasing the next patch :facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom