The New Patch Information Thread

+
zantclick;n8090640 said:
If all 5 factions are nerfed, philosophically speaking, nothing is nerfed. But literally speaking, all that matters now is to see what goes back on top, every class being changed just implies balance tuning, not that the game will just be worse.

first i didn't say it's worse or better, it was just unexpected for me. second some factions have been nerf harder than others like the control aspect of NR is completely out the window, MS consume is dead. hopefully new builds would rise other wise this only mean less ways to play this game competitively

Ruthless95;n8090810 said:
first i didn't say it's worse or better, it was just unexpected for me. second some factions have been nerf harder than others like the control aspect of NR is completely out the window, MS consume is dead. hopefully new builds would rise other wise this only mean less ways to play this game competitively
Monster consume dead? Please don't get my hopes up.

HenryGrosmont;n8090660 said:
And Skellige got buffed again. I mean, an Epic Gold Boar of the Sea with 3+2+1 is much better than a Sliver Legendary 2+2+1 Myrgtabrakke. I have no idea what's going on...

Well, it's known that faction specific cards tend to be stronger than their neutral counterparts. Also, John Natalis has been nerfed to 3+2+1 strength buff (the exact opposite), which also leads me to the damage vs buff discussion. BTW, Skellige also got a few nerfs. And Morkvarg is going to be very dead next patch.

MS consume is dead

Nah, Nekker Warrior still works on Nekkers which is enough for the Nekkers to thrive. Plus, it's not like they weren't getting hammered by locks and spores now.

This is what I found by going through the vod and pausing constantly lol

Neutral
Commander's Horn - Now reads "Choose a Unit on the battlefield. Add 4 strength to it (if non-Gold) and non-Gold units within 2 spaces."
Dimeritium Bomb - Now reads "Choose a Unit on the battlefield. Reset it and any units within 2 spaces of it to base strength. Convert affected Gold units to Silver (or Bronze, if that was their original color)."
Manticore Venom - Now reads "Choose a Unit on the battlefield. Remove 4 strength from it (if non-Gold) and adjacent non-Gold units."
Thunderbolt Potion - Now reads "Choose a Unit on the battlefield. Add 4 strength to it (if non-Gold) and adjacent non-Gold units."
Stammelford's Tremors - Now reads "Remove 1 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit 8 times"
Cleaver - Base strength changed from 5 to 7 & now reads "Lock or unlock a non-Gold unit on the battlefield. A locked unit loses all tokens (Resilience, Quen, etc.) and its ability does not trigger while it remains on the battlefield or in the graveyard."
Cyprian Wiley - Base strength changed from 5 to 7
Yennefer: The Conjurer - Now only hits the strongest opposing unit (no more machin gun Yen).
Witchers - Base strength changed from 6,7,6 to 5,6,5
Field Marshal Duda: Companion - Base strength changed from 3 to 1 & now reads "Add 2 strength to all non-Gold units within 4 spaces to the left. Banish when moved to the graveyard."
Field Marshal Duda: Agitator - Base strength changed from 3 to 1 & now reads "Remove 2 strength from all non-Gold units within 4 spaces to the left. Banish when moved to the graveyard."
Geralt: Aard - Now reads "Choose a non-Gold unit on the opposing Melee or Ranged row. Move it and any adjacent non-Gold units one row back, then remove 1 strength from all moved units" & can only be placed on the Ranged row.
Triss Merigold - Now reads "Remove 4 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield."
Ciri: Dash - Base strength changed from 9 to 8

Monsters
Nekker - Now reads "While on your hand, deck or on the battlefield, gain 1 strength whenever a Devourer on your side absorbs strength. When removed from the battlefield, play a Nekker from your deck." & they are not breedable anymore.
Harpy - Base strength changed from 3 to 4
Celaeno Harpy - Base strength changed from 3 to 5
Vran Warrior - Base strength changed from 5 to 6 & now reads "Every 2 turns, at the end of the turn, destroy the unit on the right (if non-Gold) and absorb its strenght."
Golem - Base strength changed from 6 to 7
Katakan - Base strength changed from 6 to 4
Ice Giant - Now reads "Immune to Weather. Gain 5 strength when played on a row with Frost and each time a Frost effect is spawned on this unit's row."
Crones - Base strength changed from 7,8,7 to 6,7,6
Nithral - Base strength changed from 6 to 8
Draug - Base strength changed from 6 to 7 & now reads "Remove 1 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit 7 times."
Succubus - Base strength changed from 8 to 7

Nilfgaard
Emissary - Now reads "Look at the top 2 Bronze units in your deck. Play one and place the other back randomly in your deck."
Rot Tosser - Base strength changed from 4 to 6
Cow Carcass - Now reads "After 2 turns, at the end of the turn, destroy the weakest non-Gold unit(s) on the row (except self), then banish self. Banish when moved to the graveyard."
Black Infantry Arbalest - Base strength changed from 5 to 4
Nauzicaa Standard Bearer - Base strength changed from 5 to 4 & now reads "Add 3 strength to adjacent non-Gold units."
Impera Brigade - Now reads "Gain 2 strength for each spying unit on the opposing side and whenever a Spying unit appears on the opposing side."
Auckes - Base strength changed from 7 to 9 & now reads "Lock or unlock a non-Gold unit on the battlefield. A locked unit loses all tokens (Resilience, Quen, etc.) and its ability does not trigger while it remains on the battlefield or in the graveyard."
Fake Ciri - Base strength changed from 3 to 6
Ceallach- Now reads "Gain 6 strength whenever either player uses a Leader card but before its effects resolve."
Assassination - Now reads "Lock and destroy an opposing non-Gold unit. A locked unit loses all tokens (Resilience, Quen, etc.) and its ability does not trigger while it remains on the battlefield or in the graveyard."
Letho - Now reads "Banish non-Gold units within 2 spaces and add their strength to this unit's base strength. When removed, set base strength to 1 (even when Locked)."
Vattier de Rideaux - Base strength changed from 7 to 8
Cahir - Now reads "If your opponent has not passed, enable your Leader for use and your opponent draws the top Bronze card in their deck and reveals it."

Northern Realms
Radovid - Now reads "Remove 4 strength from a non-Gold unit and lock or unlock it."
Field Medic - Base strength changed from 2 to 4
Reinforced Trebuchet - Base strength changed from 5 to 4
Kaedweni Siege Expert - Base strength changed from 5 to 4 & now reads "Add 3 strength to each non-Gold Machine played on your side."
Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry - Now reads "After 3 turns, convert to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends."
Shani - Base strength changed from 3 to 2
Dijkstra - Base strength changed from 5 to 2 & now reads "Look at all Gold cards in your deck. Play one and place the others back randomly in your deck." & its a Disloyal Siege unit.
John Natalis - Base strength changed from 5 to 6 & now reads "Add 3 strength to a non-Gold unit on our side, then 2 to a non-Gold unit on our side, then 1 to a non-Gold unit on our side."
Botchling - Now reads "Gain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round. Banish when moved to the graveyard."
Lubberkin - Now reads "Every turn, add 3 strength to a random other non-Gold unit on your side of the battlefield. Banish when moved to the graveyard."
Pavetta - Now reads "Destroy the weakest non-Gold unit(s) on the battlefield."
Thaler - Base strength changed from 6 to 8
Vernon Roche - Now reads "Remove 5 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield."
Philippa Eilhart - Base strength changed from 10 to 4 & now reads "You may play a Special Card from your hand. If you do, draw a card afterward." & its a Loyal Sige unit.
Keira Metz - Base strength changed from 7 to 4 & now reads "Set the strength of the unit on the right (if non-Gold) to that of the unit on the left (if non-Gold)."
Triss: Butterfly Spell - Base strength changed from 4 to 5 & now reads "Add 2 to all non-Gold units in your hand."

Scoia'tael
Dol Blathanna Trapper - Base strength changed from 4 to 2
Hawker Healer - Base strength changed from 2 to 4 & now reads "Add 3 strength to adjacent non-Gold units."
Hawker Smuggler - Base strength changed from 5 to 4
Mahakam Defender - Base strength changed from 4 to 5 & now reads "Gain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round."
Hawker Support - Base strength changed from 3 to 6
Vrihedd Sappers - Base strength changed from 4 to 8 & now reads "Ambush: After 2 turns, reveal."
Barclay Els - Now reads "Add 1 strength to all your other non-Gold Dwarf units, wherever they are"
Toruviel - Now reads "Ambush: When the opposing player passes, add 2 strength to all non-Gold units within 2 spaces."
Malena - Base strength changed from 6 to 8
Iorveth - Now reads "Remove 6 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield."
Ithlinne - Now reads "Lock or unlock a non-Gold unit on the battlefield and non-Gold units adjacent to it. A locked unit loses all tokens (Resilience, Quen, etc.) and its ability does not trigger while it remains on the battlefield or in the graveyard."
Zoltan Chivay - Base strength changed from 5 to 7 & now reads "Gain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round."
Saskia - Base strength changed from 9 to 7
Milva - Base strength changed from 7 to 8
Aglaïs - Now its a Siege unit.

Skellige
War Longship - Base strength changed from 5 to 4
Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith - Now reads "Immune to Weather. Reset self (if weakened) and weakened non-Gold units within 4 spaces to the left to base strength."
Clan Heymaey Skald - Now reads "Add 3 strength to adjacent non-Gold units."
Restore - Now reads "Add 2 to the base strength of a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit in your graveyard then resurrect it."
Holger Blackhand - Base strength changed from 4 to 6
Donar an Hindar - Base strength changed from 10 to 13 & now reads "Immune to Weather. Draw a card. You may keep it, or discard it and draw another."
Wild Boar of the Sea - Base strength changed from 8 to 6 & now reads "Remove 3 strength from a non-Gold unit, then 2 from a non-Gold unit, then 1 from a non-Gold unit."
Birna Bran - Base strength changed from 12 to 10 & now reads "Draw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the other."

Ok, I think this is everything. :geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:

NR is the best fraction after weather now. I have no idea what you're talking about.
3 bronze Dandelions and 3 bronze YenCons also 3 Sergeants to demote golds. I can't wait to play this since I have every NR card.

first i didn't say it's worse or better, it was just unexpected for me. second some factions have been nerf harder than others like the control aspect of NR is completely out the window
Actually I'm not sure this is the case, I personally play a lot of NR and while this is gonna be a tremendous change, I think it'll be a different type of control, that's for certain.

Also, I just chose to take a Phillipa Eilhart over Xarthesius from a Keg just now in the hopes that the patch change goes through as planned... I really like her new ability and the card cycling can be really useful in control's inevitable new incarnation. Thaler might even be useful too.

zantclick;n8090910 said:
Actually I'm not sure this is the case, I personally play a lot of NR and while this is gonna be a tremendous change, I think it'll be a different type of control, that's for certain.

Also, I just chose to take a Phillipa Eilhart over Xarthesius from a Keg just now in the hopes that the patch change goes through as planned... I really like her new ability and the card cycling can be really useful in control's inevitable new incarnation. Thaler might even be useful too.

how do you want to justify radovid triss and roche not being able to hit gold cards anymore? what kind of alternative is given to players against opponent gold cards playing as NR?

4RM3D;n8090850 said:
Nah, Nekker Warrior still works on Nekkers which is enough for the Nekkers to thrive. Plus, it's not like they weren't getting hammered by locks and spores now.
how about heavily nerfed? crones are nerfed as well.

Ruthless95;n8091010 said:
how about heavily nerfed? crones are nerfed as well.

Crones losing 3 strength total doesn't break the consume viability. And you don't really need Monster's Nest either. It's a nerf, yes. But not one that destroys Monster Consume.

Shuls02;n8090870 said:
This is what I found by going through the vod and pausing constantly lol

I've added your info to mine. Thanks.

Shuls02;n8090870 said:
I'll finish it later...

Do me a favor and post the changes in a separate post so I can more easily update the thread. Thanks.

Ruthless95;n8091000 said:
how do you want to justify radovid triss and roche not being able to hit gold cards anymore? what kind of alternative is given to players against opponent gold cards playing as NR?

Have D-Bomb and/or D-shackles ??? I play NG deck and have those in my deck to counter gold units or reduce buffed units

Ruthless95;n8091000 said:
No no, I didn't mean it's not nerfed at all, sorry if I worded it wrong or gave that impression. I simply meant that instead of having control over whether units are removed or stay on the board, you'll instead have control over their effects, which based on most of the recent changes here, will have a far greater impact than ongoing effects currently do. So instead of bumping off units as they're played, you'll simply nullify them. That's all I meant. As far as the golds with damage to non-golds like Triss and Roche, I have no idea how those changes are justified, that's a stupid change because it makes them worse than a lot of bronze cards, with the only benefit/drawback being that they're immune to interaction.

seems like a plus for NG. Auckes, which has been a great part of my deck is now stronger. Rot toss decks can now be slightly countered, AND I will no longer have to draw another emissary card when I play one. (Ex. I play Emissary, another emissary appears, THEN a bronze unit appears on my side. Waste of 2x spy cards -_-) Seems like more control. Looking forward to it.

But I must admit, with Mass Effect Andromeda just around the corner, I'll likely disappear for sometime.

zeph08;n8091040 said:
Have D-Bomb and/or D-shackles ??? I play NG deck and have those in my deck to counter gold units or reduce buffed units

you know since the beginning to the day this patch drops NR control decks could use both D-bomb/shackles AND gold strength removing abilities? yea D-bomb/D-shackle is not anything new and it will not replace gold strength removal units if they stay like this.

Looks like an absolutely abysmal patch. Not much that needed changing was changed, and the stuff that was changed didn't need it. Everything is just homogenized, all the cards seem to have the same basic effects. No counters to the already OP buffers like monster consume (infact, a huge nerf with D-bomb being changed so heavily), all golds pretty much stay on the field now, which means there are NO real counterplays, and weather is STILL the massive lane destroying OP bullshit it always was. Somewhat interesting cards like Dijkstra, Draug and Wild Boar of the Sea turned into bland nothings (Wild Boar in particular could have been fun with some adjustments). I like the idea of positioning, but instead of trying to force already-made cards to suit it, they should have added more that play with the idea. They've tried to unify the game, but having variety in card games is what makes them interesting, and this patch does nothing interesting.

To me it looks like weather and locking will be the new meta (although I guess you can never tell until you try it).

4RM3D;n8091030 said:
Do me a favor and post the changes in a separate post so I can more easily update the thread. Thanks.

Northern Realms:
Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry - Now reads "After 3 turns, convert to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends."

I think you have everything else listed :cheers:

I think this is a good patch. Will be interesting to test. Was getting tired of depending on war longships anyway. Time to have some fun tweakin'!

HenryGrosmont;n8090660 said:
Roche/Triss/Iorveth nerf is prob the worst. Kambi is going to be the next shite. And Skellige got buffed again. I mean, an Epic Gold Boar of the Sea with 3+2+1 is much better than a Sliver Legendary 2+2+1 Myrgtabrakke. I have no idea what's going on...

The brightest part for me is Aglais no longer relentless. But tied to a siege row now.

Exactly. Skellige was already tied in strength with Monsters and now it will be the strongest fraction since everything else was nerfed. I do not get why the shieldsmith was not nerfed, skellige simply has too many base strenght resets after debuffing.

We will surely see much more use of lock-cards, shakles and Dbomb now...

No Idea if I can salvage my pavetta deck... probably she is too weak now.

Dijkstra will be too unreliable now... I mean the risk of having him in your deck will not be worth the advantage if you draw him right. If you could keep the gold card in your handafter drawing then you could at least play him in round 2 after winning round 1 for card advantage.

Top Bottom