Staff member

+
NetTroll;n9172330 said:
Hello! And thanks for the great game =) One question bothers me the most. Will there be a warning about the end of the season? Or even some strict schedule. Cause it's really annoying to ignore rank game for days or weeks waiting season end rewards. And then joining again after you get out of top-50/100/250 etc. And waiting again after regaining rank.
Because if the season does not end soon there is no sense in those self-limitations. Sorry for my English.

We will share more information regarding seasons soon. It's also an interesting idea to have some in-game warning and we are definitely thinking about implementing something along those lines. However, we are unable to say anything else in this matter at the moment.

Mirascael;n9141440 said:
1st round of the game, each player draws 10 cards and may mulligan up to 3 cards. 2nd round each player draws 2 cards, may mulligan 1 card, 3rd round each player draws 1 card and may mulligan 1.

Minimum deck size is 25 cards.

My question to the game developers is how they came up with these numbers and whether there is any particular reasoning behind them (I'm genuinely interested in this).

All of those numbers were determined basing on the tests and data gathered before and during the Closed Beta stage. Those values simply worked best.

Dethuch;n9141860 said:
Will there be friend matches on the Xbox one ?

We're working on making the friend matches possible on all platforms, but at the moment we cannot give any details when they would be available.

Dyllusional;n9152790 said:
Where do you prefer to get suggestions for the game? Do you browse public forums like reddit, poll popular/high ranking players, the gwent forums, or random ideas around the office?

We value all of the suggestions and we try to collect feedback from all of the possible places. I strongly encourage you to share your opinions with us on our forums, especially in the Suggestions room

mishant;n9157690 said:
Do u plan to Add More & better " taunts" to the ingame avatars
Imlerith really needs better taunt voices than Arrrrraaa or Raaaa (its sometime like that)

We're working on enhancing the entirety of the game. This includes the avatars - we're going to improve the existing ones and add new in the future.

frbfree;n9135560 said:
So, I've been noticing that there's an emerging superstar in the recent meta, and she is packing a consistent 20-25 value (or more) in the popular net versions of Monster Consume. It's fine, the strength doesn't bother me, even though she is vastly superior than gold cards of like abilities (I'm looking at you, Bloody Baron), and superior in Round 3 than virtually every other silver. She's almost an auto-win if the player has card advantage.

Therefore, rather than nerf her to the ground by capping her consumption, or increasing her timer, I'm making a simple proposition. Take away her agility. Give people without card advantage a chance. You would still need to be terribly lucky, even if you did know where she was going to be placed, and time a weather spell or a cow carcass at just the right moment, but at least you would have a swing at the pitch, rather than not being able to take the bat off your shoulder.

I don't think it's an unreasonable change, to be honest.

Thank you for your feedback :)

XenokMe;n9133950 said:
I have played a lot of collectable card games and most get dull because they have some win condition which makes play about the same all the time. Gwent has no suprise cards that turn things around, everything is about buffing and debuffing units. It needs something more to it. I can see a potential for a very cool card game here, but its just not there.

Weather had the chance to be another game mechanic (field control) but they have all but killed it.

There are a few cards that focus on destroying units but most are just buff or debuff. The game needs more if its going to be fun long term. It needs weather developed into a field control system that is not OP but useful, perhaps they will head this direction with cards which have good synergy with weather.

The game also needs some kind of counter card, that can be played in advance and then activated when something happens to counter that something. And you need to be able to bluff with these cards.

It needs more, maybe not the ideas I have above, but something more. Maybe another win condition besides highest strength points. Maybe something I have never seen or thought of, but it seems a bit simple and empty right now after just a couple of months of play.

What do you think?

If you look at the health of the game, it's currently in a really good state, the amount of leaders and archetypes played is very diverse. At the top-end of the game weather monsters still dominate, making it a viable choice :)

blaxximus;n9047730 said:
If an enemy player goes afk from the very first turn of the game. do i really have to sit there and wait for him to burn every single turn timer, then round 2, then wait for him to burn his 2 turns before i get the win? is there no other option for me, the active player?

Anti-AFK system has been already implemented to the game. After the first AFK turn, your opponent’s timer is reduced to 20 seconds (as opposed to full 60 seconds), and after that to 10 seconds.

omageus;n9076480 said:
Hello,

I'm new to this game and I really enjoy it: thanks.

I would like to know more about unranked match making system please.

I currently try to win all my first rounds (and concede most of the time after the first one, my deck seems to be bad), but I'm getting experience, and so on levels.
As my level is getting higher, will I play against better opponents or is there an "hidden point" system involved in matchmaking?

75% loose (I'll try to become better, I promise... but my girlfriend also plays on my account and she is... perfect) = 75% loose ratio opponents or opponents of my level?

Thanks a lot :)
have a nice day !

Omageus

The matchmaking system of casual games is based mainly on your performance, the number of games you played and their outcome. :)

Gwent: The witcher card game hotfix is now live!

New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, our main focus was to fix all of major issues, which players were experiencing, plus changes to gameplay. We also decided to put more emphasis on weather and carry-over.

Cards which were significantly changed, will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the hotfix. The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value.
  • Bear (Bloodcurdling Roar)
  • Impenetrable Fog
  • Torrential Rain
  • Biting Frost
  • Skellige Storm
  • Olgierd
  • Alzur's Double-Cross
  • Marching Orders
  • Decoy
  • Operator
  • Renew
  • Villentretenmerth
  • Stammelford's Tremors
  • Regis: Higher Vampire
  • Avallac'h
  • Kambi (Hemdall)
  • Savage Bear
  • Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden
  • Hjalmar
  • Morkvarg
  • Clan Tuirseach Axeman
  • Berserker Marauder
  • Succubus
  • Caranthir
  • Celaeno Harpy
  • Wild Hunt Hound
  • Ballista
  • Kaedweni Siege Support
  • Reinforced Ballista
  • Trebuchet
  • Reinforced Trebuchet
  • Aeromancy
  • John Natalis
  • Ithlinne
  • Dol Blathanna Trapper
  • John Calveit
  • Leo Bonhart
  • Reaver Scout
  • Kaedweni Sergeant
Full list of changes:

Neutral/General
  • Overdose will now Boost up to 6 random Allies by 2.
  • Bear's Power changed from 12 to 11.
  • Changed Bear's tag from Bear to Beast.
  • Added Doomed tag to Bear.
  • Olgierd's Power changed from 7 to 9.
  • Olgierd's Power will now be reduced when entering the Graveyard instead of when returning to the Board.
  • Olgierd's Power will now be reduced by half rounding up when entering the Graveyard.
  • Alzur's Double Cross will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
  • Marching Orders will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
  • Decoy will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
  • Impenetrable Fog will now deal 2 damage to the Unit with the Highest Power on the row (max 1 target).
  • Torrential Rain will now deal 1 damage to the Unit(s) with the Lowest Power on the row (max 5 targets).
  • Biting Frost will now deal 2 damage to the Unit with the Lowest Power on the row (max 1 target).
  • Aeromancy will now pick cards to be played from the Deck.
  • Skellige Storm's damage value changed from 3, 2, 1 to 2, 2, 1.
  • Stammelford's Tremors will now hit up to 6 targets instead of 8.
  • Abilities that Damage or Weaken Units by half their Power will round the values up.
  • Abilities that Boost or Strengthen Units by half their Power will round the values down.
  • Renew will now only resurrect a Gold Unit from your own Graveyard.
  • Villentretenmerth will now destroy the Highest Unit(s) once.
  • Villentretenmerth's Power changed from 4 to 8.
  • Avallac'h's Power changed from 10 to 8.
  • Regis: Higher Vampire will be boosted by chosen Unit's base Power when Consuming.
  • Roach will now be summoned before Gold card abilities are resolved.
  • Johnny's ability will not activate if there is no corresponding card colour in the opponent's Deck.
Northern Realms
  • Redanian Knights is now Agile.
  • Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry's Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Redanian Elite's Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Redanian Elite's Armor value changed from 3 to 4.
  • Field Medic's Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Reinforced Trebuchet's Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Shani's Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Shani's Armor buff value changed from 3 to 4.
  • After boosting Allies 4 times without leaving the Board, Priscilla will no longer return to her current owner's Deck. She will remain on the Board. When she is resurrected or played again, her counter will reset to 4.
  • Ballista's Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Ballista will now hit up to 4 targets.
  • Kaedweni Siege Support will now Boost by 1 and add 1 Armor to Allies with the Machine tag. Units without this tag will be Boosted by 1 and won't get Armor.
  • Trebuchet's Power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Fixed an issue with Trebuchet not shooting when deployed next to Locked Units with Crewmen.
  • Trebuchet will now Damage 3 adjacent Enemies.
  • Trebuchet will not ignore Armor when damaging now.
  • Fixed an issue with Bloody Baron being Boosted by Units moved to the Graveyard at the end of the round.
  • Bloody Baron will now be Boosted even when yours and your enemy's Units are destroyed at the same time.
  • Reinforced Trebuchet will not ignore Armor when damaging now.
  • Ballista will not ignore Armor when damaging now.
  • Reinforced Ballista will not ignore Armor when damaging now.
  • Radovid's Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Kaedweni Siege Platform's Power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Prince Stennis' Power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Fixed an issue with Sabrina Glevissig changing Units' Power to 0 if destroyed in a chain with another Unit on her row.
  • Changed Blue Stripes Commandos' priorities so they summon properly when Kaedweni Siege Support is present.
  • Dandelion will now shuffle the cards back into your Deck.
Monsters
  • Caranthir will now move 3 Enemies instead of 5.
  • Caranthir Power changed from 5 to 9.
  • Celaeno Harpy's Power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Wild Hunt Hound's Power changed from 5 to 4.
  • Succubus will now trigger at the end of the turn.
  • Succubus' Power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Nithral's Power changed from 4 to 7.
  • Removed Armor from Nithral.
  • Nithral now increases Biting Frost's damage to 3.
  • Ice Giant is now Agile.
  • Fire Elemental's Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Ancient Foglet's Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Drowner Power changed from 7 to 8.
Scoia'tael
  • Elven Mercenary changed to Loyal and will not change sides when Ambush cards are played.
  • Vrihedd Sapper's Power changed from 7 to 8.
  • Dwarven Mercenary's Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Saesenthessis' Power changed from 7 to 9.
  • Fireball Trap will not ignore Armor when damaging now.
  • Fireball Trap's damage value changed from 3 to 2.
  • Added Doomed tag to Fireball Trap.
  • Dol Blathanna Trapper's Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Ithlinne's Power changed from 4 to 5.
Nilfgaard
  • Emhyr var Emreis' Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Imperial Golems will now be played from your Deck before John Calveit's ability triggers.
  • Added 2 Armor to Alba Pikeman.
  • Stefan Skellen's Power changed from 9 to 10.
  • Spotters' Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Alchemist's Power changed from 7 to 8.
  • John Calveit will not be able to draw Gold cards.
  • Cynthia's Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Serrit's Power changed from 7 to 9.
  • Leo Bonhart will now damage based on a chosen Units' base Power.
Skellige
  • Savage Bear's Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Savage Bear will now Damage Units only after they have resolved their Deploy abilities.
  • Savage Bear will now only Damage Units played from hand.
  • Morkvarg's Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Morkvarg will now have his Power reduced by half rounding up when entering the Graveyard.
  • The ability to Boost Hjalmar was moved to Lord of Undvik - the Boost will now come from his card.
  • Hjalmar's Power changed from 15 to 13.
  • Removed Veteran from Drummond Shieldmaiden.
  • Warcrier will no longer Weaken itself for every Unit affected.
  • Removed Veteran from Clan Tuirseach Axeman.
  • Clan Tuirseach Axeman's Power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Berserker Marauder will now be Strenghthened for each damaged Ally.
  • Berserker Marauder's Power changed from 6 to 8.
  • Hemdall's Power changed from 11 to 16.
  • Ermion's Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Added Doomed tag to Lord of Undvik.
  • Consuming Clan An Craite Raiders will not count as discarding them.
Game Fixes
  • Removed the black background from the mulligan screen when opponent is redrawing cards.
  • Fixed an issue with Taunt setting options being reversed.
  • Fixed an issue with mulligan disappearing too fast, making it impossible to see the last redrawn card.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Bloody Baron would be moved to the top of the deck at the start of the round, instead of at the end of round.
  • Fixed an issue with Henselt and Dagon AI having more than 3 copies of cards in the Deck in Challenges.
  • Deployed a new fix for an issue whereby changing the console language on PS4 before signing in results in game being stuck on "Inventory loaded".
  • Deployed a new fix for the issue whereby Disloyal Agile Units (e.g. Letho) could not have been played on rows other than Melee.
  • Numerous tooltip fixes and changes.

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9023970 said:
Why do we have to deal with bad user interface on PC? Are there any plans to address this issue because it really messes up with flow of information and action.
It really feels like it can be brought to a whole new level and it really doesn't take much to get there.

We are constantly working on optimizing and updating the UI. Can you please give us some details with regards to what you do not like in the current UI?

Murlykot;n9036660 said:
Card contrabandist-gavencar. This card take +1 power, if opponent play any card on his rows, but this ability don't work, if opponent play gold card (no lider). That is how it should be?

None of the card abilities work with Gold cards, unless stated otherwise.

Murlykot;n9036660 said:
Card medic-gavencar. I used card "dummy", which must to replay my medic and to give it +3 power, but take only replace. My medic after all have 4 power, but not 7.
I add screenshots, if my comments are too unclear.

Could you please report this issue via our Customer Support form? https://www.playgwent.com/en/support/

OneTrick;n9037980 said:
I had a question regarding the graveyard, I usually play a Monster deck with Foglets and at times I play against a similar deck. I also run the Griffin that allows me to swap a card from one graveyard to another but when I click it I just see all cards without any way to distinguish my Foglets from his. Is it true that there is no way to see which cards are in which graveyard when you see them all like this or am I missing something?

We are aware of this issue and we are working on it.

blaxximus;n9047870 said:
can the random card you might receive after winning 2 rounds be any rarity?

Yes. :)

Pyxis69;n9052350 said:
Hi !

We all loved the Witcher series so much and the Gwent of course.
But....It seems something its not right here.At least for me.
Noone asks anything about that.Ant that worries me the most.
So...I have some questions.

The Witcher games were single player experiences.We , the players and final customers , supported that from the very beginning till the end.
Now you have created something beautiful but the single player magic is totally ...dead.

Why ?

Why i dont have the freedom of choice to play single player mode ?
Why do i have to play against money spending players ?
Why i cant earn and unlock all the cards of the game playing alone ?
We , the players , didnt have fun while playing Gwent solo in Witcher s game ??? Of course we had !!!
Thats why i am here today.Thats why i am searching for answers!

And...
I can remember for sure a company with respect at single players.
I declare not against multiplayer mode.But for my personal freedom of choice.
And my final question.
The way "multiplayer" works today 02/07/2017 , is really multiplying fun ??? Or multiplying only money ???

Thanks in advance

As a standalone game (unlike the mini-game in The Witcher 3), GWENT was intended to be a competitive, multiplayer card game. Nevertheless, we are working on the single-player campaigns, which will become available when the game comes out of the Beta phase.

scorba;n9064840 said:
NR was already very strong, only it wasn't that obvious because they were complicated decks, but they were strong.
after this patch, NR will be the next broken faction.
I hope the next patch will bring balance finally!

Based on statistics and feedback NR has not seen a lot play, we've be constantly pushing to make the faction a little bit stronger. Same with Scoia'tael.

DarkShuyin;n9063660 said:
Agreed, As an Eredin Weather player i'm taking a break from the game till CDPR fixes their obvious mistakes. it's almost like they're playing dice to see what numbers some random cards are gonna get. I've played CCG all my life and even Konami's Yugioh banlists make more sense then these ''fixes'' also the ''new player this, new player that'' stuff freaks me out, I don't want this to end up like Heartstone

Get it together CDPR

Weather needed a significant change. We are currently in a meta where weather is auto-include in all factions and archetypes. As we are in beta phase of the game, we're trying to find the middle-ground in terms of balance and testing different options as much as possible. And no, we don't play dice over card values ;)

Skryba86;n8984510 said:
What order do abilities trigger in, if they have the same turn time window to activate? I was under the impression that the older ability should trigger first.

Example: I cast vilentrentenmerth, next turn I cast vrihedd sappers. Two turns later, both will activate at the start of my turn. Shouldn't vilentrentenmerth scorch first, then sappers would turn around?

We're currently working on making the trigger system more intuitive and consequent.

Iuliandrei;n8986860 said:
Why was Bekker's Twisted Mirror converted to silver? Its value is consistent with some of the best golds in game.
Right now this card seems to make all archetypes that are based on spotter-like "boost self by 1 whenever X happens" units unplayable.

We converted Bekker's Twisted Mirror to silver because we observed that high-tier players rarely included it in their decks because other gold cards are more powerful. We believe this card has a lot of potential and wanted to allow players to include it in their decks more often.

Hovgaard;n8991240 said:
Hello devs,

please clarify to me (i admit being noob playing for NG, but had plenty of games against) how this is possible:
0. Game played minutes ago, me (NR) vs csetebalu(NG).
1. Xarthisius played in second round again, after being played in 1st, by utilization of John Calveit. "Utilization" means that Calveit was played and a second copy of Xarthisius appeared on the board. After this turn, there were two Xarthisius in game (one in NG graveyard and another on its side of the board) Renew card wasn't used.
2. Cantarella summoned by treason card. By "summoned" i mean Treason was played and Cantarella appeared on the board.

BR,
Hovgaard

P.S. Asking in forum, because my previous feedback (another topic, quite some time ago) via dedicated form wasn't answered.

We're sorry that you didn't get a reply for your previous feedback! If the game went like you described then it's very strange. Please contact our support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

eui1ibrium;n8995510 said:
I want to ask when is Friend Match coming to Ps4/xbox. I did the big mistake of starting to play Gwent on a console and now that i`ve spent more then 300 pounds i realise i dont have the option to play in any tournaments, stream the game properly or make and edit videos. I want to get on the competitive scene with this game but the only option I have right now is trying to sell my account and start investing in a PC one. Do you have a way for me to save all this hustle or I just have to go and spend another 300 pounds for the things I already bought?

We're working on making the friend matches possible on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but we cannot give any details about when they should become available.

kitsuneae;n8999090 said:
Are the cards going to be rebalanced and reset every "season"?

I actually hope that the real game once released resets itself and rebalances every season in order to remain fair. I was OK with getting card packs to open in order to replace all my cards. It kept the game fresh for me. Physical only card games don't have the luxury of being able to reset and rebalance. This is why power creep is such a problem: The game is forever trying to top itself in order to compete with old cards and entice players to buy new ones. Also it explains why broken combos persist many years after they were accidentally discovered.

I like that Gwent is trying to be more balanced than most card games. Will this be a lasting trend?

Thanks for reading/considering!

We are not planning to make any resets, but we are going to introduce new cards all the time - this means that the game will be balanced whenever needed - even after the Public Beta.
We will share more information regarding the seasons soon.

Top Bottom