Staff member

+
GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME - Behind the scenes of the Announcement Trailer

Get behind the scenes of making the Announcement Trailer for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in this video showcasing the community-powered creative process.

Closed Beta launch date -- a message from the GWENT Team

Dear Gamers,

At E3 we announced that we’d launch the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in September. Unfortunately, we feel we need some extra time with the game before we hand it off to you for testing. We know we can make a first impression only once, and want to be sure everything is ready before we blast off. Delivering a good game is more important to us than keeping a deadline. Still, that doesn’t mean we don’t realize that delays can be disappointing, and we apologize for making you wait. Closed Beta will now begin on October 25th.

Love,
The GWENT Team

From what I understand, Gwent will be available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. And cross-play will be supported between PC and Xbox One.

Here are my questions:
  1. Will Gwent be available on Mac, Linux and mobile platforms?
  2. If it is on Mac, Linux and mobile, will cross-play be supported between those and Windows PCs and Xbox One?
  3. Will the game progress be synced across all platforms? (I'm not talking about cross-play)'

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in GWENT! At this moment it's too early to answer your questions but please follow our official channels to learn more about new announcements as they arrive.

Not sure if you are the right person for "Marketing"-related things, but if you DO plan to stream Gwent or any other game in the future, could you do that on your cdpr Twitch channel? I have never seen the channel in use and I remember a few streams before the release of TW3 and HoS on the channel of twitch.tv/gogcom , but it seems like many people (back then) didn't understood that it was a quite "official" stream, because not all people know that gog and cdpr are from the cdp group, so not that many people watched the streams (espacialy for the HoS gameplay) :D

We have plans to utilize CD PROJEKT RED's twitch channel in the future by showing Gwent content on it. Rest assured, the time will come.:)

Ready Yourself for the Closed Beta with GWENTDB.com

Together with the people over at Curse Gaming we created GwentDB.com - the community-powered GWENT card database. There you can find all the latest news about the game, get extensive insight into GWENT cards, and start working on your decks and strategies right now thanks to a comprehensive deck builder available on the website.

Visit our friends over at GwentDB.com and remember to sign up for the GWENT Closed Beta if you haven’t already. We’re waiting for you!

Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński

Hey everyone!

As I hope many of you have heard, CD PROJEKT RED announced GWENT: The Witcher Card Game at this year’s E3. Aside from the fact that we were finally able to shout out that we’re working on an awesome game, this was a special moment for us because of one more thing -- we could say THANKS to a very special group of people who made GWENT possible: you.

Please allow me to say that one more time: I would like to thank all Wild Hunt / GWENT fans for supercharging us to make GWENT: The Witcher Card Game happen. Supercharging is a pretty good word, because the flood of emails, calls, forum posts, and everything else was simply crazy. There was a moment that literally everything was beeping, buzzing, vibrating and otherwise communicating one idea: GWENT or nothing. I mean, over 40 fan-made versions of GWENT were created, people printed their own cards, made real wooden playing boards -- positive madness.

So, here we are. We’ve taken all that heart and energy you gave us and put it into GWENT. If you enjoyed it in Wild Hunt, I think I don’t have to convince you to sign up for the upcoming beta (it starts in September for PC and Xbox One, PlayStation 4 will join the battlefield a bit later), but if you never tried the game, there’s no better time -- go to playgwent.com and sign up. When it launches, play it and tell us what you like and what you don’t like; tell us what we should change and improve. You wanted us to make the game, now we’re kindly asking you to help us make it truly yours.

Thank you one more time!

Cheers,
Marcin Iwiński,
Co-founder of CD PROJEKT

Introducing GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

In GWENT, you’ll clash with your friends in fast-paced duels that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction. The game is played over a best-of-three series of rounds, as players unleash their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities and use clever tricks to deceive their opponents.

GWENT will be available at release for Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4, GWENT is a free to play game that puts you, not your cards, in the center of the action.

“I would like to thank all the fans for supercharging us to make standalone GWENT happen. Thousands of e-mails in dozens of languages coming from all around the world, the phone calls, the forum posts, and more than 40 fan made versions – all this, and everything in between, didn’t go unnoticed,” said Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT co-founder. “Yes, we were mysteriously quiet after the launch of The Witcher 3, but during all this time we were hard at work on what we just unveiled today – GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. We’ve taken all that heart and energy you gave us and put it into GWENT,” continues Iwiński. "If you enjoyed GWENT in The Witcher 3, I think I don’t have to convince you to sign-up for beta. If you hadn’t tried it yet, there’s no better time. Go register, play the beta for free starting from September and share your feedback with us. Tell us what you like, and what you don’t. Tell us what we should change or improve. We made this game for you, so let’s shape it together."

For more information check out the official GWENT website here.

Be sure to follow and subscribe to our social channels:

Top Bottom