Staff member

+
McAvelin said:
McAvelin said:
Chlupata Méda (show me mistake I made xD) don't You think? ;D Inns should have such... soft names, when it comes to animals. At least I think so... don't really know why :p
;D Chlupatý Méda ;D Chlupatá is for women, Chlupatý for men, Chlupaté for "it" things ;D
Yea, I thought Méda is femine form ;D Because of "a" in the end ;D

Movie's great :beer: By the occasion I could hear Your voice, I like hearing people I met on the internet :)Good luck with this whole mess, I wouldn't manage to find so many patience for making a story and fighting with D'jinni and this all. I admire all who care to make new stories, and mostly the ones who care to do most of it alone :) I hope You don't mind me admiring You? ;D

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
How nice of you, need any voice actors, by the way? :beer:
I might. Making a new adventure all by myself takes a long time and is an enormous amount of work, and of course the voice acting comes after the rest of it is finished. It really depends on whether I have the emotional energy to put a voice acting team together at that point. If I do, I'd certainly love for you to participate -- I know some amateur actors, but you're the only one I know who also knows The Witcher, so you'd be my #1 choice.
Dam... that's gonna be big adventure. Can we hope for some making of? ;D Especially some failed voice-making attempts ;D These are so often hilarious :D

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Inns should have such... soft names, when it comes to animals. At least I think so... don't really know why :p
The Hairy Bear inn in the game wasn't supposed to be a soft place! It was populated by thugs, thieves, and brawlers, not exactly teddy-bear types. :D
Not the inn, but its name should be soft ;D That's why we've got it named "Miś Kudlacz" ;D

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=6639.0;)If You use one of "only mouse" cameras, You just need to click near to Geralt (or hold and click). For third type of view, look at the link I gave.

Shame there is no ctrl-F in books xDI've found this chat. Filavandrel claims that they didn't "tear" the Earth. The Earth was giving them food, they just got its "gifts". He claims that Earth loved elves and so they didn't need to rob it from natural resources, they didn't need to do anything.That is what he says... and for me it's obviously a bullshit. Why? Well, it's said that he's from nobility. The rest is either also noble (like for example Toruviel) or they are soldiers. So they could be just the "dainty" children of courts, that are taken care by hundreds of servants just not to do anything on their own - just like it was in real world with most of these aristocrats. They knew nothing about the world. They were fed with stories about wonderful world, they had no duties, they saw servants as lower race, sinners who need to pay for sins with hard work. There is nothing wonderful, supernatural in elves, their "love for beauty" can mean that survived mostly nobility, that they cared nothing at all for servants, or even used other races as servants (kinda like it used to be with Europe and Black people). Unimportant creatures, made to serve. And so - now we see, beautiful stories, about food from nature, bringing everything to their tables (nobody was working, nobody was fishing, nobody was on fields, all just came, appeared - bullshit) and letting them to live with beauty of the world, creating arts.It looks really as it used to be here in past centuries - it's the most reasonable explanation I can see.Okay, some may come and argue with me, that there is magic, that nature really brought fruits to them. Okay, so how about their cities? Where from ruins? The word "ruins" negates that they were just hoses in/on trees. So how it is possible that stone (that used to be in Earth) was used to build cities... if the Earth was "untouched"? Here is where claims about "we never took anything from Earth, it gave us all" meet with my comment "bullshit".So Elven civilisation seems to be the civilisation ruled by aristocracy, knowing nothing about world and using some kind of sub-race to do everything for them. Then came humans and took their lands, and so aristocracy had to run. Hmm... invaders wouldn't be too hard to fight back when elves were so strong civilisation... as long as we don't think about this sub-race. They were everywhere, they were making this whole civilisation work, if they were humans as well, they helped invaders. Just like it used to be for example in France. Poor part of society helped revolutionists, because they saw they are on the same side. (aristocracy - elves, poor and servants - humans). That's how I see it, as a mirror of real world.Now, noble elves, ripped of their glory and wonderful world, seek revenge, not willing to cooperate, just because their pride... or stupidity? Elves loose all the time because they are not willing to see others as equals, so they fall even lower in humans' eyes and so the racism comes.But they need to survive - so they prefer to learn working, rather than cooperating with humans. Later they will end up, just like Geralt said. They will grow old and they will go to fight humans, because it's better to die in battle than hiding in mountains, trying to survive on their own.That's how I see it :)

Thanks ;DI'd like to add, that it was rather my own thinking, because I found no discussion about the name so far. Except the name of the place (I mean - explanation why it is named so) most I took from books. Luckily I managed to avoid a lot of spoiling here :DWe can also find other places with names taken from our world. Like city Maribor in Slovenia :pAh, I don't know if they told somewhere, but guys from Polish board created Witcherland map. Here it is: http://wyslijto.pl/download/hm9rbu197x

It's good to have hope... sometimes, even in this dangerous place, as Wyzimian streets are at 4am. Sometimes, lonely witcher, tired of everyday hard work, between Fleder and Drowner contract, can come and throw some light on the topic, due to his travels along the world.When I wandered around Skellige Islands, one old troubadour told me about the most dangerous spot of sea, of course if we don't count far west seas, beyond the ocean, where I've been told live monsters that would destroy the world we know, within the time, the moon needs to loose and regain whole his face. This place, avoided by everybody except the fools seeking their deaths, is between Skellige Islands and Peixe de Mar cape. It's called Depths of Sedna. All hurricanes from all around our world have their home in there and no ship that gets there is to be redeemed. There, evil itself opens the ocean and throws the hurricanes to skirmish sailors across the world.That is at least what this poet told me.The truth is, that people die there, evil or not, gods, magic or bunch of whales, something had to destroy Pavetta's and Duny's ship.What? How it comes this boy doesn't know Pavetta and Duny? Anyway, they are Ciri's parents. Duny is also known as Urcheon of Erlenwald.But I'll spare the details about them, what happened to them, all know, or will hear from other tales. Or even read if educated well!Let us return to the Depths of Sedna. Few years ago, a powerful sorceress disappeared in there, about this we also know not much...Her tale let us leave as well, enough to say she is claimed to be dead by many these days.Beware of this place, when You travel by ship. From Skellige it would be nice to travel short and straight way to the continent... but price of Your life is price too big for such luxury. Take the winds to the north or the south, go around this damned place and do not fear of getting lost on seas. The magnificent lighthouse in Peixe de Mar will show You the way. I am sure that is how ferries with loads of fishes from Skellige do. That is why the lighthouse was built after all, isn't it? Without Skellige royal courts wouldn't have so many marvellous sea fishes on their tables now, would they? Troubadour told me one more thing. There are rumours, that in some language, that some mage, elven probably, heard in other world it means as much as fish from sea, or something like that... but I wouldn't believe this too much. There were few that claimed there are other worlds, other dimensions, we could travel to. They say mages tried to build such places. If to believe in these tales, I have no idea. Huh? What You say, boy? I know but I don't want to tell...? Well... maybe. The thing I know for sure is that now it's 5 am in the morning and I hear this bloody miller screaming names on me. I need to kill this Drowner or he will never shut up. HOLD ON, I'M GOING! I AM RIGHT AWAY, CALM DOWN. Job must be done, innit? Farewell my friends, I hope to tell You another story another day!

zaldar said:
To comment on someone else I am always afraid to sell potion supplies because I am afraid I will end up needing them for potions heh..
Set Yourself some border then. Like: first You collect 50 of some ingredient (one full slot I believe) and only then You sell what You have above this line ;)

Top Bottom